Jet Blast

Albert Breer on Joe Douglas in Today's MMQB

2 minutes ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

One thing that was a huge problem with the Jets is that they never resigned their players early to cap space.  It will cost us, But now, JD comes from a team who does it all the time, I expect to see that happen here, and I think Robby will be the first guy.

Part of the reason for this is that our roster has sucked.  It is already late to extend Robby or Leonard Williams. Jenkins, Shell and the punter are the ones to look at now. 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fresh eyes from a franchise that has its sh*t together yeah I bet there’s going to be some differences in opinion on a players value. Douglas was brought in to fix a mess. I don’t think this excludes anyone on the roster. The Johnsons ended up paying this guy so it’s gonna be his call on how he wants to build this thing.

Thank God.

And I'm not even sure I like him.  I'd prefer someone more from the analytics end, but still.  Thank God. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Robby was tough to sign up to even this point due to some run ins with the law, even if exhonerated. Leo also was tough to extend since we needed to see him with better players around him, if possible, to take some of the double teams off his plate and see how consistent he plays. He doesn't need 12 sacks, but if QW and Polite are able to get Leo many one on ones he needs to provide 8-10 sacks in order to get a decent contract and not just a lot of QB pressures. 

So, these guys were tough to sign because we didn't know about them?  If not us, who?  We should know everything about them and know their value better than anybody else on the planet.  Those criteria you mention are reasons to sign them more cheaply.  Williams may have been tough because he knew he was getting $14M by this season, but when a team never extends anybody until the last moment it seems more like a philosophy. 

Wilkerson franchised, then paid the following season, Winters paid after his contract was up, Williams $14M 5th year (are they going to extend him or wait some more?) Anderson tendered, Snacks tendered, Richardson 5th year option then traded, Enunwa extended as his contract expired.  Sure it is okay if you want to move the player, like Richardson, but it is not how to save money on guys you want to keep. Winters and Enunwa could have been had way cheaper.  Anderson too.  I think Philly was one of the teams offering a pick for him, so Douglas probably likes him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Doesn’t sound like Joe D agrees with the Robby and Leo haters. 

Devil's Advocate: Those are the two players (you could add Jenkins) that are most likely to be trade bait. Quality players and not signed past 2019.  Tough to get value if you denigrate them in the media.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company