Albert Breer on Joe Douglas in Today's MMQB

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Devil's Advocate: Those are the two players (you could add Jenkins) that are most likely to be trade bait. Quality players and not signed past 2019.  Tough to get value if you denigrate them in the media.

And the plot thickens. Good point. Going to be interesting to see what he does. 

I’m at peace. Just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Not that I had say in the matter to begin with.

9 hours ago, jetsons said:

I don't see it being that way... It appears to me that Douglas is more of a "personal" type of person... someone who wants to get to know you as a person not just a player/employee.  I think that's just more his natural personality than trying to "fix" something.  From what I've read & heard him say it's more like he's trying to create a culture of unity from top to bottom... We're in this TOGETHER type of situation... again, who knows what's really behind it but that's just my take on it. 

You just said you don't see it that way as if Macs problem was not leadership. Then described how Douglas has leadership qualities Mac didn't have. ?

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

You just said you don't see it that way as if Macs problem was not leadership. Then described how Douglas has leadership qualities Mac didn't have. ?

Each individual has different ways of leading... some guys are the more rah rah type some are the more cerebral type and some are the personable type... macc & Douglas are different types... I don't think maccs type was the issue....  maccs inability to evaluate talent was his issue & why he's no longer here...  conversely I think Douglas' strength is as a talent evaluator. .. time will tell. .. but I hope he does Exceptionally Well.

14 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't know why but every time Douglas comments on Darnold he seems kinda "meh" on him. Or just uncertain. 

Darnold is 100% the reason the guy is here. There is no way he would risk his career if he didn't believe Darnold could win it all.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Said it before, will say it again. This franchise has finally un-F**ked itself. Only good things to come from here on.

I agree with this, but my expectations for 2019 are modest.  2020 is the year.  I can see JD make moves for 2020.  That to me would be unloading excess/short term defensive assets while finding Darnold more blocking and receivers.

That would be consistent with keeping Robbie but getting rid of Leo and Jenkins.  

13 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Said it before, will say it again. This franchise has finally un-F**ked itself. Only good things to come from here on.

I agree with this, but my expectations for 2019 are modest.  2020 is the year.  I can see JD make moves for 2020.  That to me would be unloading excess/short term defensive assets while finding Darnold more blocking and receivers.

That would be consistent with keeping Robbie but getting rid of Leo and Jenkins.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

“Love his athleticism, love his ability to go through progressions,” Douglas said. “I think he’s a unique guy … he’s a very young player, just turned 22, but he shows ability to have his eyes and feet to work through progressions quickly, and he throws an accurate ball. And just hearing about his leadership ability at such a young age is exciting, real exciting.”

Real meh, LOL