JetNation Group Outing - 9/8 Buffalo Bills

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Tom Shane Today: Stadium sucks, PSLs are lame blah blah blah.

Jets make the playoffs this year and have a home game.

Tom Shane: Anyone got extra tix for a long-time die-hard fan?

Jets making the playoffs this year, you say? And having a home playoff game, you say? 

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets making the playoffs this year, you say? And having a home playoff game, you say? 

They will make the playoffs this year. I was kidding on the home game, although I will be rooting for it.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ok @Maxman Cowboys or Pats?? Tough call Max! 

I am thinking the Cowboys game makes the most sense. I want to do something as early in the season as possible, but as much as I love night games most people seem to hate them. So that rules the Pats out for a big group outing.

I will check with the Jets to see what game(s) we can get tickets to. Once I have an answer I will let everyone know. All things being equal I think the Cowboys game makes the most sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am thinking the Cowboys game makes the most sense. I want to do something as early in the season as possible, but as much as I love night games most people seem to hate them. So that rules the Pats out for a big group outing.

I will check with the Jets to see what game(s) we can get tickets to. Once I have an answer I will let everyone know. All things being equal I think the Cowboys game makes the most sense.

Whatever game you pick Phil, I am in!

I may bring the posse too.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hopefully you can get tix for the Cowboys.  Problem with either the Pats of Browns is a Monday Night game means taking two days off from work for those of us who would be travelling in for the game.  And the Sunday 4:25 starts are great for tailgating.  Still means missing a day of work, but, at least speaking for myself, it would be much easier for me to miss just the Monday than taking two days.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Hopefully you can get tix for the Cowboys.  Problem with either the Pats of Browns is a Monday Night game means taking two days off from work for those of us who would be travelling in for the game.  And the Sunday 4:25 starts are great for tailgating.  Still means missing a day of work, but, at least speaking for myself, it would be much easier for me to miss just the Monday than taking two days.

Totally agree with everything you wrote!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Monday after the Cowboys game is Columbus Day, so it maybe even easier for people to get to if they have that day off. 

• Upvote 2

So I spoke with the Jets and unfortunately it is looking extremely unlikely that we will be able to get group tickets for the Cowboys game.

So I think our choices are:

1. Do the group outing for the Cowboys game, we throw a JetNation tailgate and everyone would have to get tickets on their own

or

2. Do it for another game, maybe the Bills for the opener? The Cowboys and Giants games definitely won't be options

Let me know what you think, thanks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I spoke with the Jets and unfortunately it is looking extremely unlikely that we will be able to get group tickets for the Cowboys game.

1. Do the group outing for the Cowboys game, we throw a JetNation tailgate and everyone would have to get tickets on their own

or

2. Do it for another game, maybe the Bills for the opener? The Cowboys and Giants games definitely won't be options

Bill's opener might be hot, if crusher starts sweating it could spoil the game for the entire section 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

or

Freaking Jets front office would rather have Cowboy fans get tickets for top $ than give a group discount for loyal Jets fans?? Am I missing something here Max?

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Freaking Jets front office would rather have Cowboy fans get tickets for top $ than give a group discount for loyal Jets fans?? Am I missing something here Max?

Exactly my thoughts tickets probably already sold to those on the secondary market who re-sell for a profit. 

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

or

Where are you tailgating? 

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

or

Pittsburgh would be fun but it might be too close to Christmas. 

• Sympathy 1

No that isn't the case. They have a priority order system based on how many tickets you bought last year. I also had a chance to put down a deposit to move up on the list but I didn't.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app