Maxman

JetNation Group Outing - 9/8 Buffalo Bills

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would love to come, but I would have to stay at someones house.  A hotel in NY with the Canadian exchange would cost more than a mortgage payment.

I have stayed at the Hampton and the HIlton when I have come in for games.  Right across the street from the Stadium, both run shuttle buses before and after the game and were reasonably priced.  Will look to do the same again if I can make it in for whatever game Max chooses.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, we can share and it will only cost me HALF a mortgage payment then?

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

While joking, in reality, to fly to NY, pay for a game ticket, get a hotel, and maybe have a beer and some food over two days would be $1000 easily for us.  EASILY.

The way I look at it, if I lived in the NY area, I would probably have season tix and spend a few mortgage payments on tix plus related expenses for 8-10 games a year.  Instead, I sepnd a lot of $$$ on a couple of road trips each year (maybe more if we ever make the playoffs again). 

Probably still costs me less than what a lot of guys spend on season tix.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am thinking the Cowboys game makes the most sense. I want to do something as early in the season as possible, but as much as I love night games most people seem to hate them. So that rules the Pats out for a big group outing.

I will check with the Jets to see what game(s) we can get tickets to. Once I have an answer I will let everyone know. All things being equal I think the Cowboys game makes the most sense.

Hopefully you can get tix for the Cowboys.  Problem with either the Pats of Browns is a Monday Night game means taking two days off from work for those of us who would be travelling in for the game.  And the Sunday 4:25 starts are great for tailgating.  Still means missing a day of work, but, at least speaking for myself, it would be much easier for me to miss just the Monday than taking two days.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I spoke with the Jets and unfortunately it is looking extremely unlikely that we will be able to get group tickets for the Cowboys game.

So I think our choices are:

1. Do the group outing for the Cowboys game, we throw a JetNation tailgate and everyone would have to get tickets on their own

or

2. Do it for another game, maybe the Bills for the opener? The Cowboys and Giants games definitely won't be options

Let me know what you think, thanks.

I would probably opt for the Bills game.  No other real good options.  Two Monday night games, Raiders on Thanksgiving weekend.  All tough to travel in for.  If Cowboys and Giants are out.  Leaves either the Bills or waiting until December.  

Besides Mets are home the same weekend as the Bills game; I can fly in, catch a game at Citi Field on Saturday night, then we can do the Bills game on Sunday.  I would be too busy to spend time with the in-laws.  Works out perfectly.

I am in. 

One, maybe two tickets.

Prefer upper level prime, but ok either way.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If anyone is looking to just tailgate with us because they already have their tickets send me a message. Also if you have a group with a bunch of young kids please send me a message.

Thanks!

@maury77

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Awesome. I already bought the tickets from the Jets so just click that link and select the upper deck option when you are ready to sign up. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

Waiting on a couple of freinds to see if they want to meet for the game.  Assume there are still plenty of tix avaialble if I give it a few more days.

• Upvote 1

In.  Just bought 2 tix.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company