JetNation Group Outing - 9/8 Buffalo Bills

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would love to come, but I would have to stay at someones house.  A hotel in NY with the Canadian exchange would cost more than a mortgage payment.

I have stayed at the Hampton and the HIlton when I have come in for games.  Right across the street from the Stadium, both run shuttle buses before and after the game and were reasonably priced.  Will look to do the same again if I can make it in for whatever game Max chooses.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I have stayed at the Hampton and the HIlton when I have come in for games.  Right across the street from the Stadium, both run shuttle buses before and after the game and were reasonably priced.  Will look to do the same again if I can make it in for whatever game Max chooses.

So, we can share and it will only cost me HALF a mortgage payment then?

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

There are a ton of reasonable hotels in New Jersey within half an hour from the stadium.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

While joking, in reality, to fly to NY, pay for a game ticket, get a hotel, and maybe have a beer and some food over two days would be $1000 easily for us.  EASILY.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dud yes dud I just recently retired at 55 my choice free health benefits and a very lucrative pension. 

Try again to disparage me it isn't working now and didn't work way back when. 

And your are gainfully employed as a what ______________________________________________.

If you were livin the good life, you’d be better at taking a joke. You’d also demonstrate enough self-awareness to recall you’ve called me jobless for years. Anyway, you’d be so much more fun if you were so butt hurt all the time.

Also, I’m pretty clear on what I do for living... astrophysicist and general in Caesars Army.

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, we can share and it will only cost me HALF a mortgage payment then?

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

While joking, in reality, to fly to NY, pay for a game ticket, get a hotel, and maybe have a beer and some food over two days would be $1000 easily for us.  EASILY.

The way I look at it, if I lived in the NY area, I would probably have season tix and spend a few mortgage payments on tix plus related expenses for 8-10 games a year.  Instead, I sepnd a lot of $$$ on a couple of road trips each year (maybe more if we ever make the playoffs again). 

Probably still costs me less than what a lot of guys spend on season tix.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

car broke?

I suppose....Its about an 8 hour drive from where I live, and I could sleep in my car, so there is that....

After our latest tax increase to battle climate change, we are now paying in this area around $1.20 a liter, which works out to be about $4.55 a gallon U.S.

Man, why can't the Jets play in Buffalo!  Oh, wait.....

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

The way I look at it, if I lived in the NY area, I would probably have season tix and spend a few mortgage payments on tix plus related expenses for 8-10 games a year.  Instead, I sepnd a lot of $$$ on a couple of road trips each year (maybe more if we ever make the playoffs again). 

Probably still costs me less than what a lot of guys spend on season tix.

Its true Lith.  When I lived out west, I would always go and see them in Seattle.  The last 5 years, it seems anytime they have played in Detroit, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc...I have been away or working.  Buffalo is always a RIOT to go to.  The fans are great, even when you are cheering for the Jets.

The one year, we brought a VERY good chef with us from town here, and we had the best tailgating food, which helped us out a lot.  We also brought hockey nets and played a pick up game in the parking lot.  They did throw hot dogs at us though....

21 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would love to come, but I would have to stay at someones house.  A hotel in NY with the Canadian exchange would cost more than a mortgage payment.

Why don’t you stay with that dude that wants to trade Jamal Adams. 

Allegedly he has a humongous house. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

If you were livin the good life, you’d be better at taking a joke. You’d also demonstrate enough self-awareness to recall you’ve called me jobless for years. Anyway, you’d be so much more fun if you were so butt hurt all the time.

Also, I’m pretty clear on what I do for living... astrophysicist and general in Caesars Army.

Cool story bro not butt hurt in any way shape or form. 

My business is none of yours. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I suppose....Its about an 8 hour drive from where I live, and I could sleep in my car, so there is that....

After our latest tax increase to battle climate change, we are now paying in this area around $1.20 a liter, which works out to be about $4.55 a gallon U.S.

OMG, that is high.  Yes, over a $1000 easy.

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I’m coming up from Florida that’s a lot father. It’s worth the trip. This year I’m doing three games. Giants, Falcons and Miami. Miami is only 15/20 minutes to get to the stadium then an hour to get to the parking spot but the Falcons is easily 8 hours just to get to Atlanta. 

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would just pay the liter price. It seems to be a much better bargain. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Its true Lith.  When I lived out west, I would always go and see them in Seattle.  The last 5 years, it seems anytime they have played in Detroit, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc...I have been away or working.  Buffalo is always a RIOT to go to.  The fans are great, even when you are cheering for the Jets.

The one year, we brought a VERY good chef with us from town here, and we had the best tailgating food, which helped us out a lot.  We also brought hockey nets and played a pick up game in the parking lot.  They did throw hot dogs at us though....

CS, don’t let this Jersey trash shame you into coming down. Going to MetLife to watch the Jets play football is one of the most expensive and mind-numbingly awful experiences you will ever have and all these people saying otherwise are in denial about it. It sucks. The stadium sucks, the team sucks, the area around the stadium sucks, the traffic sucks, the “fans” suck, the food and beer sucks. It all sucks. Take that $1000+ and go to Ireland or Cabo on an all-inclusive deal. Watch this sh*t team on TV if you must, but don’t come here. There is no sadder sight in New York than watching an international tourist bobbling around midtown wondering why they just paid $125 for two cheeseburgers and a couple of Miller Lites at Heartland Brewery or Applebee’s. Save yourself, Steve. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CS, don’t let this Jersey trash shame you into coming down. Going to MetLife to watch the Jets play football is one of the most expensive and mind-numbingly awful experiences you will ever have and all these people saying otherwise are in denial about it. It sucks. The stadium sucks, the team sucks, the area around the stadium sucks, the traffic sucks, the “fans” suck, the food and beer sucks. It all sucks. Take that $1000+ and go to Ireland or Cabo on an all-inclusive deal. Watch this sh*t team on TV if you must, but don’t come here. There is no sadder sight in New York than watching an international tourist bobbling around midtown wondering why they just paid $125 for two cheeseburgers and a couple of Miller Lites at Heartland Brewery or Applebee’s. Save yourself, Steve. 

Image result for cartoon laughing gifs

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

T0m's essay from the Jets' "Can You Replace Fireman Ed?" contest. 

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If YOU were there with me, it would make it all better.