Josh McCown Retires

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Humbled to to take on his new role? There was a ton of Jets pictures in that article. Would be very happy for him to join the Jets staff. 

Yes, he was humbled and honored which are two almost impossible things that happen a lot together. 

It's like being proud and  ashamed, or excited and relaxed. 

Honestly Josh McCown probably picked the wrong position, or sport to go pro in dude is one of the best athletes on that Jets team last year period, getting 50 million is doing good for yourself, just wonder if he played other sports in college and High School where he could have gone pro.

I actually kind of wish he was another 4-5 years younger. He was decent backup and a great presence in the locker room, the exact kind of guy you wanted to have behind a young QB. Not gonna say he was ever great but he had enough to provide a service to every team he joined. Glad Uncle Josh was around.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Welcome back to the Jets coach McCown edit - reports are confirming he is joining ESPN as an analyst

Uncle Josh made $32m in first 14 years plus $17.6m in 2 years with Jets 

last 5 seasons were good to him after a few good games in Chicago $4.7m for a year with Bucs, $9.5m for two years with Browns + Jets haul is more than he made in first 11 years, J&J retirement fund...

6 hours ago, jgb said:

There’s your qb coach right there 

Never going to happen.  Too much  "traffic".  I like Josh McCown, and think he was a great mentor to Sam Darnold in the time he was here.  I also think he will be on some team's staff, if that's what he wants to be.

As for these Jets, I think that Adam Gase wants to be the voice in Sam Darnold's ear, and that's exactly the way that it should be.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Guy made 50M in his career as an absolute scrub- well played. 

Only people who have never played a sport at a high level call a pro athlete a scrub. I argued that point here when the Jets cut Tyrelle Pryor. Especially one who lasts as long as McCown.

One thing I’ve noticed about you is your unusual way of evaluating QBs. You’re very fast to dismiss or anoint, depending on the jersey.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Honestly Josh McCown probably picked the wrong position, or sport to go pro in dude is one of the best athletes on that Jets team last year period, getting 50 million is doing good for yourself, just wonder if he played other sports in college and High School where he could have gone pro.

There’s video of him in some charity basketball game from a few years ago throwing down some absurd dunks. His combine numbers were also pretty nuts for a QB.

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

whatever to this pine rider...   pfft....f off to someone elses team...dont infect my team with your below average BS

Sometimes it just makes sense to not hit reply instead of trying to look nasty and classless.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

i just dont get why you all love this absolute dosser...   mind boggling.

No, what you dont get is how to show class.

Its not about him winning, its about he was a good guy, good teammate who managed to give enough to have a lengthy career

Mind boggling that something so simple is beyond some

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, what you dont get is how to show class.

Its not about him winning, its about he was a good guy, good teammate who managed to give enough to have a lengthy career

Mind boggling that something so simple is beyond some

show class cos teh guy was a classy dosser. ok i get it. **** meritocracy.

• Thumb Down 1