Josh McCown Retires

On 6/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, jgb said:

This argument would be persuasive if they were up against the cap. If they wanted to spend $10 million on 1-2 starters, what was stopping them?

Certainly not Josh McCown's contract.

So how far below the cap do we need to be to sign players that could actually help the team who aren’t backups pretending to be part of the coaching staff?

On 6/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, SAR I said:

It's not about Josh.  It's about us.

We have waited a decade for another shot at an AFC Championship Game and we've waited 55 years for another shot at a franchise quarterback.  It looks like we have them both in place right now, it's all we've really ever wanted.  So it's time we all get along and focus on one goal and that's supporting the team as it attempts to ascend the AFC, starting with taking down the New England Patriots and forcing Tom Brady to retire.

So enough with the pettiness, time to set aside our beefs, time to join hands as one, and climb aboard the Happy Train which is going to have us in the Super Bowl within the next 5 years.  If Jet Nut and I can make peace, so can you all.  It will be a lot more fun to be friendly towards each other in our caps and t-shirts at the Canyon Of Heroes parade than bringing each other down.  Let's go.

SAR I

84D4E596-8A00-44A2-861A-A2F0ADEFC4F5.thumb.jpeg.05af6f3c500f14133e14408c64c18015.jpeg

Franchise qb

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So how far below the cap do we need to be to sign players that could actually help the team who aren’t backups pretending to be part of the coaching staff?

If I understood the question I’d try to answer 

26 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m disputing the argument that paying mccown prevented us from signing anyone. I’m not defending how much he was paid.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

If I understood the question I’d try to answer 

You’re trying to say McCown getting what is an asinine deal for him anothingburger even though it’s obvious the jets could have signed 1-2 serviceable starters with that same money

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You’re trying to say McCown getting what is an asinine deal for him anothingburger even though it’s obvious the jets could have signed 1-2 serviceable starters with that same money

How do you know it didn’t?

Because they didn’t with the 15 million they still had and money is fungible.