Mic'd Up with Coach Gase

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Gase sure loves him some Jamal .. lol 

I think Adams will make him a better coach since he's already calling out his plays. It'll force him to change things up. I'm sure they'll go back and forth all summer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Why not. He's the best player on the team and a pro bowler. I'd be happy as anything to have Jamal if I were Gase.

Bell is the best player on the team my friend. Unteachable innate talent. Jamal is great too no doubt, but let's not act like we didn't sign the best back in the league.

• Upvote 2

It does seem like he’s enjoying himself. That’s good for the summer. This is the time to build the players trust in him and ther desire to play for him.
When it gets hard his tirades within land more beneficially this way. This butthole is growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bell is the best player on the team my friend. IMO Unteachable innate talent. Jamal is great too no doubt, but let's not act like we didn't sign the best back in the league.

Fixed it. I assume you were talking about the RB Bell who last played for the Steelers in 17. I , nor you, know what the current Bell on the Jets roster will be like. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

I think Adams will make him a better coach since he's already calling out his plays. It'll force him to change things up. I'm sure they'll go back and forth all summer.

For a 3rd year player to test our coaches adjustments and all...that’s impressive and shows well on Jamal’s still-growing football IQ 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

All we kept hearing about Gase when it was announced that the Jets were interviewing him for the job was that he's very abrasive and unlikable. He doesn't seem that way at all.

He probably was in the past. He most likely took that into consideration and improved himself. Hopefully he doesn't over due it.

Where's the Gase who some said cant connect with players?  The Gase who doesnt communicate with players?  Where's the abrasive Gase?  The tyrannical Gase?  How about the unlikable Gase? 

The Gase who players hate?

I figured given where and who the complaints came from out of Miami it could be nonsense.  The more we see Gase, the more nonsensical it seems

Where's the Gase who some said cant connect with players?  The Gase who doesnt communicate with players?  Where's the abrasive Gase?  The tyrannical Gase?  How about the unlikable Gase? 
The Gase who players hate?
I figured given where and who the complaints came from out of Miami it could be nonsense.  The more we see Gase, the more nonsensical it seems

You can’t possibly look at 2 minutes of video, before camp has even started and expect anything other than this.

It’s nice to see, but when adversity inevitably hits and until then the only thing we have to go on is history. And history shows all of the things you mentioned.

24:25:31

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You can’t possibly look at 2 minutes of video, before camp has even started and expect anything other than this.

It’s nice to see, but when adversity inevitably hits and until then the only thing we have to go on is history. And history shows all of the things you mentioned.

24:25:31

I can see his personality.  Live on video.

I can see how he enjoys what hes doing.  Live on video.

I can see enthusiasm.  Live on video.

I can see the way he interacts.  Live on video.

I can see the way others act towards him right now.  Live on video.

Funny, you disputed all of these things, took the complete reverse stance without anything other than "why did he get fired in Miami"  or a line you read

Despite not playing a franchise position, Jamal is a franchise player. He's the kind of player you can build around. A player that can become synonymous with mentioning the New York Jets. I love what I'm hearing coming from Gase and his interactions with Jamal. It just doesn't serve any purpose at all to be at odds with him. He's a great player that can elevate the HC of you help him.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bell is the best player on the team my friend. Unteachable innate talent. Jamal is great too no doubt, but let's not act like we didn't sign the best back in the league.

I so agree with you. He is going to make our young QB so much more efficient. And I love Gase's interaction with the players. Watching him on the field like that, then listening to his interviews is really a stark contrast LOL. I think he is going to do a great job here.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mandarinia said:

He probably was in the past. He most likely took that into consideration and improved himself. Hopefully he doesn't over due it.

Not really.  This is pretty much the way he was in Miami.  As we may, or hopefully not see, If players don't buy into his system he has no time for them, and moves them.   As we've seen he's uncomfortable with the scribes, and really doesn't like them.

As far as the general team goes he was pretty good. 

9 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Fixed it. I assume you were talking about the RB Bell who last played for the Steelers in 17. I , nor you, know what the current Bell on the Jets roster will be like. Time will tell.

You assumed it was the guy on the team names bell? Yeah good call.

Haha we know what type of player and talent bell is and you could argue rust I guess but do you honestly think he is not the most talented player on the team right now? Seriously.

I call bullsh*t.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I so agree with you. He is going to make our young QB so much more efficient. And I love Gase's interaction with the players. Watching him on the field like that, then listening to his interviews is really a stark contrast LOL. I think he is going to do a great job here.

No doubt

45 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You assumed it was the guy on the team names bell? Yeah good call.

Haha we know what type of player and talent bell is and you could argue rust I guess but do you honestly think he is not the most talented player on the team right now? Seriously.

I call bullsh*t.

What does your 1st statement even mean ? Read it.

2nd DON'T make it personal because someone doesn't agree with you.  I'm not sold on Bell right now, didn't really want him especially for that money. Hope I'm wrong but  time will tell  Leave it at that.

12 hours ago, JiF said:

What Gase said to Adams...this is what the stat watcher haters  miss on Jamal when they say he doesnt impact the game. Gase literally said, he had to change his game plan mid stream to react to how Jamal was playing the seam because Jamal wouldnt give him the middle of the field.  He forced an OC to change his game plan but yeah, no impact my dudes! 

My takeaway....isn't it nice to have an OC that can actually see what is 'taken away' by a D and make an adjustment to counter that?

Haven't seen that in YEARS here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

What does your 1st statement even mean ? Read it.

2nd DON'T make it personal because someone doesn't agree with you.  I'm not sold on Bell right now, didn't really want him especially for that money. Hope I'm wrong but  time will tell  Leave it at that.

It's not personal at all.

The first statement is pretty clear. I said bell and you acted like you had to make some kind of magically leap to understand I meant our new RB Bell. It was obvious.

Just as obvious that bell is our most talented player. Innate talent. 

Opinion I guess because how do you really evaluate talent if you are going to disregard success and stats.

I put it pretty simply, he is most talented player. You pretended to be confused to make some pretty weak assumption that bells talent is now in question. It is not.

Calling bs is not personal it is a statement. I meant no personal offense, just meant to say I think you are being disingenuous at best.

You can disagree whatever, but don't act like you don't understand. Lol you leave it at that.

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

Not really.  This is pretty much the way he was in Miami.  As we may, or hopefully not see, If players don't buy into his system he has no time for them, and moves them.   As we've seen he's uncomfortable with the scribes, and really doesn't like them.

As far as the general team goes he was pretty good. 

I think the hope is when you have someone who is a strong and confident personnel man in the building some of the sporadic moves may get discussed more before pulling the trigger on getting rid of someone.  Douglas having control over the roster with solid football minds behind him even, may be able to bring in more of a big picture mindset to the Gase quick pull. 

We see it with Lee and Legget. While I would agree that it's fine that both are gone, I would think a more patient and calculated mind could have waited before simply cutting a decent TE with real NFL game experience. Those types of guys are the perfect capital to try and get OL or CB depth the next rung up from the scrap heap types like Meander.  

So while I agree with your thoughts toward Gase quickly outing guys that don't buy in to his system, the fact that he's not the end all could be a good thing where maximizing value is concerned. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, sourceworx said:

All we kept hearing about Gase when it was announced that the Jets were interviewing him for the job was that he's very abrasive and unlikable. He doesn't seem that way at all.

On point. Typical Fake News. Jet fans need to block out the Beat writers BS and all the other white noise.

I finally got around to watching this on lunch, and he seems like what a coach should be.  Encouraging, engaging, and spirited.  All boxes checked.

The best part about ti is you saw he was also talking to the defense as well, so even though the D is Williams' baby to mold, he wants to make sure his presence is felt there as well.

Promising.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:21 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I put it pretty simply, he is most talented player. You pretended to be confused to make some pretty weak assumption that bells talent is now in question. It is not.

Curious, how have you decided hes the most talented?
To me youre confusing production with the Steelers with talent.  Any RB is going to produce more tangible numbers than a DB.  Either way they both grade out at or near the top at their position

Doesnt make him more talented.  

Its not a bad thing to debate which is more talented though, much better than having only one player in the discussion 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:19 PM, flgreen said:

As we may, or hopefully not see, If players don't buy into his system he has no time for them, and moves them.  

He let Landry run for the money and Ajayi was a knucklehead who butted heads with the HC and expected to somehow win that battle.

Not as widespread as some have made it out to be.  I remember all the overwhelming number of players who backed Gase and his coaching compared to others.  

Time will tell

• Upvote 2