What is Wrong with NY Sports Fans?

22 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Chicago and NY compete for pizza (both are very good IMHO and better than anywhere else on this planet), Chinese food is better in NY, Steaks are better in Chicago unless you like chewy fat "more flavorful" steaks in NY LOL, Italian food is close with amazing traditional places in both cities, Chicago wins BBQ and has more variety with hot dogs but nothing like a dog from a street vendor in NYC with sauerkraut and chestnuts in the winter from the same vendor (sadly almost a lost art these days)

NY is closer to the ocean for seafood but not sure anyone wants to eat from the polluted waters around NY so it's all from a plane unless  you are way out on the island

I don't eat meat, do eat a ton of seafood, and live out on the Island. So I'm good. NYC gets plenty of fresh seafood, though, too. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, Warfish said:

+Rep farming again, are we? 

Describing John McCown's career accurately is not remotely the same as 40,000 NY'ers booing a 21 year old kid who just showed up in town and had no control over who and where he was picked. ?‍♂️

While we're correcting people who may or may not have been mistaken somewhere else.  

ITS JOSH, NOT JOHN 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

a very nice part of the world - Suffolk county? close enough to the city life but also parts of an oasis (outside of brentwood)

Live in Suffolk, GF in Brooklyn, summers on Fire Island. Outside of the winters, it's all very good. :) 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

a very nice part of the world - Suffolk county? close enough to the city life but also parts of an oasis (outside of brentwood)

47 minutes ago, slats said:

Live in Suffolk, GF in Brooklyn, summers on Fire Island. Outside of the winters, it's all very good. :) 

Home is where you are happy...  I went to Brentwood HS, lived in West Islip as an adult.   Here in NC I have never met a person from Long Island with children that would move back.  But where you are happy is a state of mind. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Home is where you are happy...  I went to Brentwood HS, lived in West Islip as an adult.   Here in NC I have never met a person from Long Island with children that would move back.  But where you are happy is a state of mind. 

As I approach retirement, the winters and cost of living will chase me out. If it were milder on my sensitive skin and wallet, I probably wouldn't leave. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Chicago and NY compete for pizza (both are very good IMHO and better than anywhere else on this planet), Chinese food is better in NY, Steaks are better in Chicago unless you like chewy fat "more flavorful" steaks in NY LOL, Italian food is close with amazing traditional places in both cities, Chicago wins BBQ and has more variety with hot dogs but nothing like a dog from a street vendor in NYC with sauerkraut and chestnuts in the winter from the same vendor (sadly almost a lost art these days)

NY is closer to the ocean for seafood but not sure anyone wants to eat from the polluted waters around NY so it's all from a plane unless  you are way out on the island

Interestingly I had a Detroit native staying at my house for the past few days. He was trying to tell me about the deserved respect Detroit Pizza was now receiving nationwide. Jet's Pizza (no relation) being the gold standard of the genre.  True story is I almost fired(not really) my receptionist one day for ordering Jet's pizza for a business meeting I was having  a few years ago. It was THAT bad  lol

Jet's Pizza aka Pizza Hut 

photos.medleyphoto.5735756.jpg.51006c61ac671c860b91fceca9c62491.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jgb said:

“NYC is the greatest city in the world,” said no one who has been outside the US.

I have to disagree as someone who has been all over the world

The only cities I think that come close to NY are Rome, Prague and Vancouver.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Am I wrong?

Would booing Sam before he took a snap have been ok?

I say no. What about you?

Hmm, but you trashed him here and said he had a noodle arm coming out of college.  Obviously you did so without ever seeing him play. 

So the difference comes down to?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I have to disagree as someone who has been all over the world

The only cities I think that come close to NY are Rome, Prague and Vancouver.

Glad some people like it. It is an opinion after all. It doesn't even crack my top 10. Hell it's not even my favorite city in the US.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Glad some people like it. It is an opinion after all. It doesn't even crack my top 10. Hell it's not even my favorite city in the US.

Thats ok.

But NYC is so different than anywhere else in the world.  There is no city in the world like it.  Theres a vibe and sould like nowhere else.  Good and bad.

If you love being here, there is nothing close and not surprisingly those people would disagree

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interestingly I had a Detroit native staying at my house for the past few days. He was trying to tell me about the deserved respect Detroit Pizza was now receiving nationwide. Jet's Pizza (no relation) being the gold standard of the genre.  True story is I almost fired(not really) my receptionist one day for ordering Jet's pizza for a business meeting I was having  a few years ago. It was THAT bad  lol

Jet's Pizza aka Pizza Hut 

photos.medleyphoto.5735756.jpg.51006c61ac671c860b91fceca9c62491.jpg

Holy sh*t dude, what are you talking about!  I live close to the Michigan border.  Jets Pizza is awesome!

What the hell is wrong with you New Yorkers!  :)

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So the difference comes down to?

I don't have the energy to explain every single thing to you, and then debate it for 100 posts as per usual.

If you don't see a difference between a stadium full of NY'er booing a 21 year old kid simply for his team drafting him vs. one poster on a forum discussing the draft and raising questions re: arm strength before the draft, well, ok. 

To you they are clearly the same. 

They're not, at all, but believe what you like.  I have no intention to debate you on it.

More generally to the current thread: Detroit Pizza is basically a variation of Sicilian Pizza, and both are awesome IMO.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats ok.

But NYC is so different than anywhere else in the world.  There is no city in the world like it.  Theres a vibe and sould like nowhere else.  Good and bad.

If you love being here, there is nothing close and not surprisingly those people would disagree

Every city I’ve been to is unique, but I understand your point. PS I don’t hate NY just not near the top of my list 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Holy sh*t dude, what are you talking about!  I live close to the Michigan border.  Jets Pizza is awesome!

What the hell is wrong with you New Yorkers!  :)

Jet's Pizza literally has the same crust as Pizza Hut. Thick, greasy yet somehow still dry.  I guess I could appreciate how difficult that is to do lol

Truth is I can eat any of it of course, but there are tiers man.  Tiers!!!!