Rank the NYJ Executives

36 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I am not defending Mac... I have no idea what douglas would have done... the idea that Mac had a bad offseason for bringing in some of the best talent they have seen in years is hating Mac just for hating Mac... not being objective... 

The coach Parcells turned Kotite's draft picks into playoff teams... Parcells the executive... drafted like sh*t... see above and destroyed the salary cap by mortgaging the future for FAs... 

Parcells also wouldn't commit to Manning, traded down twice for farrier and could have taken Orlando Pace a HOF player.... Drove Belichick out of NY to the rival NE team who would torture the Jets franchise for the next 20 years... 

Again what did Parcells do as an executive that was good for this franchise.

Do you admit you are defending mac still ?  Lol. No doubt with most cap space in nfl we were going to bring in the heavy hitters. That is not skill. I wasn’t even being too hard on Mac for drastically overpaying, but anyone who says no one could have done better than Mac with this cap space is a clear moron and Mac fan boy. And not going after top FA center, a huge need for us, was idiotic. Which Mac was. 

Parcells was top five best HC’s of all time. I agree he should have stayed a coach. As you mentioned he used rich k team like he never could. Rex Ryan also took manginis D, ranked 16 and 18 Mangini’s last 2 years, and made that same D number 1 and 3 overall his first 2 years.  Only added basically B Scott.. He too was not a gm type and couldn’t help m t bring in right players.  

Let's hope we finally have a real HC, and a real gm for once. 

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

So by this theory Mac might be the best executive too because he brought in Bell, Osmele, Crowder, Mosley, and had what seems to be a great draft in 2019... Drafted Adams, Leo, Maye, and Sam.... which if they make the playoffs and go on runs, is it because of Douglas or because the guys that Mac brought in??

Only difference is that Mac actually managed the cap way better and is set up for future success and Parcells destroyed the future cap.... So maybe you can even argue that Mac is better then Parcells (I obviously don't think that Mac is a good GM, I am just using that as a reference to why you think Parcells is a great executive)

Difference is that Parcells actually won games when he was here. I’m sure his record would be better if he had four top 6 picks and traded a few decent players drafted by previous GMs for assets. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do you admit you are defending mac still ?  Lol. No doubt with most cap space in nfl we were going to bring in the heavy hitters. That is not skill. I wasn’t even being too hard on Mac for drastically overpaying, but anyone who says no one could have done better than Mac with this cap space is a clear moron and Mac fan boy. And not going after top FA center, a huge need for us, was idiotic. Which Mac was. 

Parcells was top five best HC’s of all time. I agree he should have stayed a coach. As you mentioned he used rich k team like he never could. Rex Ryan also took manginis D, ranked 16 and 18 Mangini’s last 2 years, and made that same D number 1 and 3 overall his first 2 years.  Only added basically B Scott.. He too was not a gm type and couldn’t help m t bring in right players.  

Let's hope we finally have a real HC, and a real gm for once. 

Again... you must not read... Because I said Parcells was a good HC... no problem there... As an executive, he was terrible... your defense is that he is a top 5 best HCs of all time or whatever... That is not the argument here ,,, Changing the argument and calling me a fanboy doesn't make you all of a sudden correct...

I think that Mac was bad as an executive. He did do some things well .... He managed the cap well, and he traded well, And he didn't make a mistake in the top of the 1st rounds when other executives have in the past... Just because he had cap space (which he created) doesn't mean he automatically would bring in top tier talent... So not giving him any credit for that is again just hating Mac for the sake of hating Mac.

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Difference is that Parcells actually won games when he was here. I’m sure his record would be better if he had four top 6 picks and traded a few decent players drafted by previous GMs for assets. 

Please try to separate Parcells the GM versus Parcells the Coach... Which I am doing... Parcells the coach was good, Parcells the GM was very bad.... Look at his track record and the assets the Jets gave up to get Parcells and not get Manning or Pace.

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Please try to separate Parcells the GM versus Parcells the Coach... Which I am doing... Parcells the coach was good, Parcells the GM was very bad.... Look at his track record and the assets the Jets gave up to get Parcells and not get Manning or Pace.

Parcells The Terrible GM built a roster that made Al Groh and Herm Edwards look like competent coaches for the majority of their terms. Same as he did in New England and Dallas. The teams he took over had (iirc) a cumulative win percentage of 36% over the three years prior to his arrival, which flipped to (iirc) 63% for the three years after he left them. That's franchise building grandeur. 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells The Terrible GM built a roster that made Al Groh and Herm Edwards look like competent coaches for the majority of their terms. Same as he did in New England and Dallas. The teams he took over had (iirc) a cumulative win percentage of 36% over the three years prior to his arrival, which flipped to (iirc) 63% for the three years after he left them. That's franchise building grandeur. 

Most of that 1998 team was already on the roster.  Parcells inherited the #1 overall pick and made 30+ picks from 1997-1999 with 90% being out of the league within 3 years.

They turned bill Belichick and keyshawn into a decent 1st Rd in 2000 with groh running the show.

Parcells is an all time great HC, he was a terrible GM for us

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Most of that 1998 team was already on the roster.  Parcells inherited the #1 overall pick and made 30+ picks from 1997-1999 with 90% being out of the league within 3 years.

They turned bill Belichick and keyshawn into a decent 1st Rd in 2000 with groh running the show.

Parcells is an all time great HC, he was a terrible GM for us

Al Groh, running the show you say? 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Al Groh, running the show you say? 

Parcells himself said it back in 2000, of course when it appeared the moves worked out then he took the credit but at the time he said Al was in total control.  Based on his awful drafts from 1997-1999 I believe him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/30/sports/pro-football-he-s-just-barely-settled-in-but-groh-holds-jets-reins.html?searchResultPosition=1

46 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells himself said it back in 2000, of course when it appeared the moves worked out then he took the credit but at the time he said Al was in total control.  Based on his awful drafts from 1997-1999 I believe him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/30/sports/pro-football-he-s-just-barely-settled-in-but-groh-holds-jets-reins.html?searchResultPosition=1

Thank you, junc. I will update the spreadsheet. 

Jim Royer was a close family friend.  He gave us access to the practice fields back in the day when they practiced at Hofstra.  Hooked us up with tickets.  He's basically the reason my family are Jets fans.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not but he's my #1! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you, junc. I will update the spreadsheet. 

Either way 2000 sucked too when you factor in getting rid of keyshawn and losing Belichick.  Parcells did a good job with free agency in 1998(Curtis and mawae big ticket and Vinny and Cox off the scrap heap), other than that he was a total disaster as a GM for us.