Jet hustle

Has Mccagnan spoke to media since firing?

Has he been rehired to be on Anyone's staff?  Any interviews or quotable material since the firing?  I havent seen or heard anything......

8 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Has he been rehired to be on Anyone's staff?  Any interviews or quotable material since the firing?  I havent seen or heard anything......

Like a gigolo?

• Haha 3

I’d just retire if I was Macc

Why go from making $2 million a year as a GM to back to being an area scout constantly on the road profiling kids at Saginaw Valley State for $45k a year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why go from making $2 million a year as a GM to back to being an area scout constantly on the road profiling kids at Saginaw Valley State for $45k a year?

Gotta feed his family some sort of way when Woody’s checks stop coming in.

He declined to comment on article detailing Gase’s takeover of the team 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Hey leave SVSU out of it......and that 45k is 90k in NY.......at least that's what Macc will probably be telling himself.

• Haha 2

The Jets just re-upped him last year so hes sitting pretty right now.  He wont have to work for awhile if he doesnt want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets just re-upped him last year so hes sitting pretty right now.  He wont have to work for awhile if he doesnt want to.

He is still pretty young so not working is not healthy but if properly invested all his Jet money could easily provide a nice income for life.

His exit interview must have been interesting.window.gif.55ddc52a39ee1779f72e8a082812be55.gif

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And by work we mean drinking coffee.

• Like 1

nobody should be crying for mac.  he made a bunch of money and is still under contract.  if he played it right, he doesn't need to work again and if he wanted he could drop into a vp role with some team just like idzik and tanny did.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

nobody should be crying for mac.  he made a bunch of money and is still under contract.  if he played it right, he doesn't need to work again and if he wanted he could drop into a vp role with some team just like idzik and tanny did.

Agreed.  For the job he did the guy did he really is better than a lottery ticket winner.

NFL is such a closed shop, lots of nepotism also.  If it were up to me the only way the guy would get hired is if I owed Casserly a huge favor, and it’d be a janitors position.  You look at all his picks from Rd 2 on, outside of Herndon virtually a total disaster.  Graded worse than Idzik by someone who did an analysis.  No way do you want the guy choosing anyone on a roster.  That’s not my opinion that’s based off his choices not only with the Jets but Houston also.

If Woody Johnson wasn’t out to lunch there was no way the guy deserved to be offered the lowest scout on the Jet totem pole, much less GM.

GM...Jeez what a travesty, the guy was actually about to be FIRED in Houston.  But I don’t blame Maccagnan.  Lots of people don’t belong in the jobs they have.  Casserly gets all the blame.

• Upvote 4

Francesca invited him on after he was fired, and he declined.

It's not his way to air grievances or bad mouth anyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This. No chance we hear much from him till after the cash we owe him ends.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

He is still pretty young so not working is not healthy but if properly invested all his Jet money could easily provide a nice income for life.

His exit interview must have been interesting.window.gif.55ddc52a39ee1779f72e8a082812be55.gif

Not healthy? I mean I could see it being "not healthy" if he begins to be too self indulgent with his free time or something along those lines. However, an extended break from work can be very therapeutic for some people. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, dbatesman said:

6307B057-191B-4960-A8D3-9E67221640DF.jpeg.3dea5f5586ebc9c24f1b3f3032c06cb3.jpeg

Uh-oh.  If SAR I sees this, he'll be back on his "let's get the media!" agenda.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

What would you like to hear.

I'll say them for Macc.

14 hours ago, dbatesman said:

6307B057-191B-4960-A8D3-9E67221640DF.jpeg.3dea5f5586ebc9c24f1b3f3032c06cb3.jpeg

We really do have the worst beat writers in the sport.  Make that all of sports.

14 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

One of the funniest gifs I've ever seen here 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's  the next Mac thread?

Does Mac cry into his pillow at night for not signing Paradis like Gase wanted him to?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What's  the next Mac thread?

Does Mac cry into his pillow at night for not signing Paradis like Gase wanted him to?

Lol. Im sure that will be a question on every future interview he is on. “ with all the cap $$ you had, a glaring need at center, with a 2nd yr qb, no late first or 2nd round pick, why didnr you make a push at a FA center “ or “ why the hell didn’t you pick a OL before 6 round more than twice in five years?” 

• Upvote 1

He'll be fine. He probably won't be in charge of players again for a while, but he'll end up with another NFL franchise. He will land on his feet. You guys are a bunch of cruel yahoos for the things you're saying/thinking/posting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

And don't get so carried away? Joe Douglas COULD end up being another jibroni. You never know. We just THINK it's a good hire right now.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Did they interview Czar Nicholas, Louis the 16th and Shah of Iran after they left?

Probably yeah. 

• Haha 1

Supposedly the Raiders want to hire Mac and create the NFL’s next superteam of Hackenberg, Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin and Darron Lee

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

And don't get so carried away? Joe Douglas COULD end up being another jibroni. You never know. We just THINK it's a good hire right now.

We have absolutely no idea what Douglas is until next offseason

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I think I saw him working at a Dunkin Donuts outside Atlanta 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think I saw him working on a large coffee at a Dunkin Donuts outside Atlanta 

fixed it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1