Has Mccagnan spoke to media since firing?

What benefit could he gain by talking to the media? He won't burn the Jets because that is basically the one thing that will guarantee no team hires him in the future in any role. If he tells the truth about the decisions made about his job he will sound like he is criticizing the Jets. If he defends his own decisions it will sound like criticizing the Jets. There is nothing he could say right now that would help his career other than a generic expression of gratitude to the team. 

He might still be contractually limited in what he can say to the press because he is still being paid so that might also be an issue. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

He'll be fine. He probably won't be in charge of players again for a while, but he'll end up with another NFL franchise. He will land on his feet. You guys are a bunch of cruel yahoos for the things you're saying/thinking/posting. 

33wy01.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

And don't get so carried away? Joe Douglas COULD end up being another jibroni. You never know. We just THINK it's a good hire right now. 

Mike Maccagnan was about to get fired from his job as Director of Scouting by the Texans, an organization that has never made it past the Divisional Round of the playoffs in its history.

The Eagles were doing everything they could to keep Joe Douglas, who won a Super Bowl with the Eagles and worked under Ozzie Newsome for 15 years.

It's a good hire.  Maccagnan was a bad hire. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Maccagnan was about to get fired from his job as Director of Scouting by the Texans, an organization that has never made it past the Divisional Round of the playoffs in its history.

The Eagles were doing everything they could to keep Joe Douglas, who won a Super Bowl with the Eagles and worked under Ozzie Newsome for 15 years.

It's a good hire.  Maccagnan was a bad hire. 

Let's see how accurate you are 4 years from now.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:43 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets just re-upped him last year so hes sitting pretty right now.  He wont have to work for awhile if he doesnt want to.

Right... so the alternative is to sit home, smell your wifes farts and execute honey do lists 4 days out of the week.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, because that’s not what I’m arguing. I’m arguing that the process by which the 2 GMs were hired was very different, as well as the pedigree of each.

Macc was a poorly executed hire. This was a good hire.

Wth does the hiring process have to do with anything? What matters is who will ultimately end up being the best GM. Who gives a sh*t about the hiring process? 

Wth does the hiring process have to do with anything? What matters is who will ultimately end up being the best GM. Who gives a sh*t about the hiring process? 

The hiring process the last 4 GM hires was atrocious, and led to atrocious results.

This hire was done competently.

I think that’s worth caring about.
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The hiring process the last 4 GM hires was atrocious, and led to atrocious results.

This hire was done competently.

I think that’s worth caring about.

Well I don't and I'll guarantee you right now about draft time the fan base won't give a hoot how Douglas was hired. The ONLY thing anyone cares about is, "Can he draft talent?"

On 6/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Where did this come from?

I dont ever remember hearing this until Macc was fired here.  

17 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I think what he is saying Mac had no track record should never been considered for the Job while Douglas has experience in working with 2 organizations that won SBs and constantly went to the playoff. Mac worked as a scout in a organization that had a dismal record who when they made the playoffs couldn't win more then a game. I agree with him only reason Mac was hired was he was close to Casserly from his Washington Redskin days same with Bowles it was a terrible hiring process that a former GM who the Jets trusted used them to get his friends hired. 

• Sympathy 1

Well I don't and I'll guarantee you right now about draft time the fan base won't give a hoot how Douglas was hired. The ONLY thing anyone cares about is, "Can he draft talent?"

Duh. This would be true regardless of the hire. You’re not adding any valuable insight into the discussion here.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Duh. This would be true regardless of the hire. You’re not adding any valuable insight into the discussion here.

and you are?  your opinion of what constitutes a superior hiring process means about as much as the sh-t my pug just took on my neighbors lawn.

The fact is that if this is a playoff roster, which I believe it could be, then it was Macc who built it.  If Douglas can improve on that while being able to handle Gases mood swings then it was a good hire.  no one cares who liked him in Philadelphia.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

and you are?  your opinion of what constitutes a superior hiring process means about as much as the sh-t my pug just took on my neighbors lawn.

The fact is that if this is a playoff roster, which I believe it could be, then it was Macc who built it.  If Douglas can improve on that while being able to handle Gases mood swings then it was a good hire.  no one cares who liked him in Philadelphia.

You owning a pug is too on brand for words, really. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pac said:

Douglas needs to rebuild the entire O-Line by 2021 because of Mike Maccagnan.

And your opinion means less than mine given that a few weeks ago you were ripping the owner for having the audacity to fire a bad GM in the spring.  Oh the horror!

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

No, because that’s not what I’m arguing. I’m arguing that the process by which the 2 GMs were hired was very different, as well as the pedigree of each.

Macc was a poorly executed hire. This was a good hire.

Honestly, Joe Douglas was hired because of his relationship with Gase. That is why the Jets went at him so hard. It had nothing to do with pedigree, the Eagles wanting to keep him or any of that stuff. That being said, this doesn't  make it a bad hire. I think Douglas will be good and I am really excited about next seasons draft where there are a lot of skill players available in the first round but let's  be honest.  Gase wanted him and CJ was making Gase's approval a priority. That is why he was hired. 

At least he seems like a good hire despite the process was once again flawed and dysfunctional. Seems to be the flavor for the way ownership does things here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, Joe Douglas was hired because of his relationship with Gase. That is why the Jets went at him so hard. It had nothing to do with pedigree, the Eagles wanting to keep him or any of that stuff. That being said, this doesn't  make it a bad hire. I think Douglas will be good and I am really excited about next seasons draft where there are a lot of skill players available in the first round but let's  be honest.  Gase wanted him and CJ was making Gase's approval a priority. That is why he was hired. 

At least he seems like a good hire despite the process was once again flawed and dysfunctional. Seems to be the flavor for the way ownership does things here.  

Isn't it possible that Gase wanted Douglas BECAUSE he knows Douglas is competent?

Yes, they worked well together.  Probably because all Gase wants to do is win, and knows Douglas has the capability of making that happen. 

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Isn't it possible that Gase wanted Douglas BECAUSE he knows Douglas is competent?

Yes, they worked well together.  Probably because all Gase wants to do is win, and knows Douglas has the capability of making that happen. 

Ok, so you think the hiring of the GM should fall to a HC who has been here for a hot minute and has not really accomplished  much in the league? 

Again, it might turn out well. On the surface he seems like a good hire but this is not how it should be done. Your newly minted HC shouldn't  be making these decisions.  I mean is Gase BB or something? 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so you think the hiring of the GM should fall to a HC who has been here for a hot minute and has not really accomplished  much in the league? 

Again, it might turn out well. On the surface he seems like a good hire but this is not how it should be done. Your newly minted HC shouldn't  be making these decisions.  I mean is Gase BB or something?  

When the ownership is completely incompetent, absolutely. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the ownership is completely incompetent, absolutely. 

To add to this, here's what I said in a different thread last month:

On 5/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

In 2001, Paul Tagliabue told us to hire Herm Edwards, so we did.

In 2009, we hired Rex Ryan despite the Ravens opting to give their HC job to a ST Coordinator over him. 

In 2013, Korn Ferry told us to hire John Idzik, so we did.

In 2015, Charlie Casserly told us to hire Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles, so we did. 

I'll take the military coup. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

That's  pretty much my point. 

The hire was basically taken out of the hands of the owners this time around.  So you should be agreeing with me that Gase making that call is better than the Johnson's heading up the hiring process, no?

• Upvote 1