How Jamal Adams is Able to Predict Plays (Video)

Against suspect teams and coaching this pre snap 'knowing the play is great', vs well coached teams it is used to suck in overly aggressive players for big plays.

And that is where good solid coaching comes in. The really good stuff is when Adams can use his aggressive tendencies to let the offense think they are setting him up and do something totally different. Mind games and chess man.

Great coaching can take a guy with his willingness to learn and refine him to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

He's pretty boastful in this video, and people that don't like his personality are going to like him even less after watching this...  :-)

But I found it fascinating to watch.  Just how much goes through the head of a defensive player pre-snap.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/how-jamal-adams-is-able-to-predict-plays

There’s so much that goes on post snap too that I shake my head when people complain about a play and blame a certain guy when they/we really don’t even know half the time. Especially with Defensive backs 

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So awful that we have this guy.

Gotta hate an All Pro Safety that takes film studying seriously.

Name 1 safety who made the pro bowl in his first 2 years that ONLY had 1 interception. I dare you! Oh wait Jamal ?

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

So many wanna be TOmShane’s 

slim shady eminem GIF

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

image.png.afa72ef167e279121f46e924b4ee6efe.pngimage.png.596ea4884448bdcca28153a21a2233b7.png  Never going to live that one down Jamal.

17 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Name 1 safety who made the pro bowl in his first 2 years that ONLY had 1 interception. I dare you! Oh wait Jamal ?

It's really cool having such an incredibly talented and passionate player on the NY Jets.  We dont get to enjoy players like this often.  Glad to have Jamal on the team.  He's amazing.  Cant wait to see him playing in a real system that schemes for each game under coaches who actually deserve their job.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know its lame when folks still have to reach for "rookie" clips.

Now I remember what it was that I responded to from you while you were on vaca. 

He got outrun and fanceplanted thirty yards downfield by Alex Smith, but that was just a rookie mistake that often happens to sixth overall picks.

You know, it's funny. For all of the talk about how much of a "leader" Jamal Adams is, I wonder if his teammates actually respect and/or even like him.

I bring this up because a few weeks ago Jamal Adams sent this tweet:

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.cbd8a0e23be4ad32134c6a9f604c2f16.jpg

And because I'm a salty pr*ck, I sent this (critical) tweet to Jamal in response:

IMG_2253.thumb.jpg.e7f442774803a93c5fb347df22444a20.jpg

And wouldn't you know it....a current NFL player, and several former LSU teammates of Jamal Adams, added me to a private group on Twitter to say, and I quote, "thank you for your service."

They continued, "we saw your tweet, and wanted to like/retweet it because we all feel the same way as you....but we couldn't do that publicly, for obvious reasons...but nonetheless, we wanted to add you to this group to say thank you for your service!" 

These were his former teammates at LSU, for god's sake...I'm not sure what that says about Jamal Adams' likability in the locker room, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

You know, it's funny. For all of the talk about how much of a "leader" Jamal Adams is, I wonder if his teammates actually respect and/or even like him.

I bring this up because a few weeks ago Jamal Adams sent this tweet:

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.cbd8a0e23be4ad32134c6a9f604c2f16.jpg

And because I'm a salty pr*ck, I sent this (critical) tweet to Jamal in response:

IMG_2253.thumb.jpg.e7f442774803a93c5fb347df22444a20.jpg

And wouldn't you know it....a current NFL player, and several former LSU teammates of Jamal Adams, added me to a private group on Twitter to say, and I quote, "thank you for your service."

They continued, "we saw your tweet, and wanted to like/retweet it because we all feel the same way as you....but we couldn't do that publicly, for obvious reasons...but nonetheless, we wanted to add you to this group to say thank you for your service!" 

These were his former teammates at LSU, for god's sake...I'm not sure what that says about Jamal Adams' likability in the locker room, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

Who cares...  I defy you to find a teammate of Aaron Rodgers who likes him.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Who cares...  I defy you to find a teammate of Aaron Rodgers who likes him.

People legitimately despise me but I produce, so I can sympathize with Aaron Rodgers' plight. If anyone in this board worked in the same office with someone like Jamal Adams, you'd likely murder him at some point. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know its lame when folks still have to reach for "rookie" clips.

Now I remember what it was that I remember you while you were on vaca. 

Well that did happen back then and the second one was the only pic I could find where it looked like Jamal was showing some humility...........every other one was all about him.