How Jamal Adams is Able to Predict Plays (Video)

6 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You know, it's funny. For all of the talk about how much of a "leader" Jamal Adams is, I wonder if his teammates actually respect and/or even like him.

I bring this up because a few weeks ago Jamal Adams sent this tweet:

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.cbd8a0e23be4ad32134c6a9f604c2f16.jpg

And because I'm a salty pr*ck, I sent this (critical) tweet to Jamal in response:

IMG_2253.thumb.jpg.e7f442774803a93c5fb347df22444a20.jpg

And wouldn't you know it....a current NFL player, and several former LSU teammates of Jamal Adams, added me to a private group on Twitter to say, and I quote, "thank you for your service."

They continued, "we saw your tweet, and wanted to like/retweet it because we all feel the same way as you....but we couldn't do that publicly, for obvious reasons...but nonetheless, we wanted to add you to this group to say thank you for your service!" 

These were his former teammates at LSU, for god's sake...I'm not sure what that says about Jamal Adams' likability in the locker room, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

Just as you did for the first two tweets, can you please post a screen cap of the private group where someone said to you: “thank you for your service”? 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Just as you did for the first two tweets, can you please post a screen cap of the private group where someone said to you: “thank you for your service”? 

I wasn't able to take screenshots of the entire initial conversation because I was added and removed before I could capture everything. But here's an abbreviated secondary version of what they sent...

IMG_2254.thumb.jpg.7bcb3bb261a30fca60a0fb143cc641be.jpg

IMG_2256.thumb.jpg.ca85e8633a4dd692289c7a88aada675b.jpg

• Upvote 2

So, say you work next to a guy. He’s young. He was sold to your company by a recruiter and pocketed a huge signing bonus. This guy—

—Is loud, constantly running his mouth, incessantly talking about how good he is at the job you all do, but

—Despite his claims, he’s had absolutely no impact on the bottom line. In fact, the company has performed worse since he was hired.

—But, the company is moribund and lacks curb appeal, so the company makes this non-performing, loud goofball the statutory face of the organization, except he’s never asked to bear any responsibility for the company’s failings.

—The trade media, desperate for content, opts to play along and labels this guy as your “best” employee. 

—For the second year in a row since he’s been hired and, now, anointed, the morale in the company is declining to the point where the organization has straight-up quit. Your organization has gone 1-7, combined, in the final quarter of the past two fiscal years.

—Despite the quitting, this very loud employee starts referring to himself as “The CEO,” declaring himself the de facto leader of your company. 

—Literally no one else has ever referred to this person as “The CEO” in your presence, but the company website splashes his picture on the marquis with the graphic “THE CEO” underneath. 

—After the second consecutive year of bankrupt performance, this loud, underperforming, low-impact, self-promoting new hire declares to a trade publication that the company needs “more dawgs,” explicitly saying that it’s *your fault* that the company has gotten worse since this new hire was put on the payroll. 

Question: as a coworker of this gentleman, what are your feelings toward someone like that? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, say you work next to a guy. He’s young. He was sold to your company by a recruiter and pocketed a huge signing bonus. This guy—

—Is loud, constantly running his mouth, incessantly talking about how good he is at the job you all do, but

—Despite his claims, he’s had absolutely no impact on the bottom line. In fact, the company has performed worse since he was hired.

—But, the company is moribund and lacks curb appeal, so the company makes this non-performing, loud goofball the statutory face of the organization, except he’s never asked to bear any responsibility for the company’s failings.

—The trade media, desperate for content, opts to play along and labels this guy as your “best” employee. 

—For the second year in a row since he’s been hired and, now, anointed, the morale in the company is declining to the point where the organization has straight-up quit. Your organization has gone 1-7, combined, in the final quarter of the past two fiscal years.

—Despite the quitting, this very loud employee starts referring to himself as “The CEO,” declaring himself the de facto leader of your company. 

—Literally no one else has ever referred to this person as “The CEO” in your presence, but the company website splashes his picture on the marquis with the graphic “THE CEO” underneath. 

—After the second consecutive year of bankrupt performance, this loud, underperforming, low-impact, self-promoting new hire declares to a trade publication that the company needs “more dawgs,” explicitly saying that it’s *your fault* that the company has gotten worse since this new hire was put on the payroll. 

Question: as a coworker of this gentleman, what are your feelings toward someone like that? 

This needs its own thread on Twitter!

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine using bullet points to compare working conditions for an all-pro NFL player to a patagonia vest wearing “analyst bro” just to beat the deadest horse on JN.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm telling you, if not for LUCKING into Sammy D., I think I'd truly be a menace to society, because every time I hear Adams getting overly loud I just think about Mahomes being the Jet QB, but thankfully I don't really have those bad feelings anymore.  Adams is a very good player, no argument there, but he was not the right pick at that time, a QB was, for a QB starved team.  He was the kind of pick that a guy scared for his job makes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You know, it's funny. For all of the talk about how much of a "leader" Jamal Adams is, I wonder if his teammates actually respect and/or even like him.

I bring this up because a few weeks ago Jamal Adams sent this tweet:

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.cbd8a0e23be4ad32134c6a9f604c2f16.jpg

And because I'm a salty pr*ck, I sent this (critical) tweet to Jamal in response:

IMG_2253.thumb.jpg.e7f442774803a93c5fb347df22444a20.jpg

And wouldn't you know it....a current NFL player, and several former LSU teammates of Jamal Adams, added me to a private group on Twitter to say, and I quote, "thank you for your service."

They continued, "we saw your tweet, and wanted to like/retweet it because we all feel the same way as you....but we couldn't do that publicly, for obvious reasons...but nonetheless, we wanted to add you to this group to say thank you for your service!" 

These were his former teammates at LSU, for god's sake...I'm not sure what that says about Jamal Adams' likability in the locker room, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

It makes sense that fellow players and people in general dont like baggarts

Don't give away your secrets Jamal! You know Bill Belicheat has someone watching that video. Belicheat will devise a play that looks exactly the same as that one with the guard pulling and even have the guard light on his hands to signal he's pulling but then BB will trick Adams and it will be a totally different play - just be careful. Belicheat is always watching and waiting for the perfect moment to spring a trap!

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Imagine using bullet points to compare working conditions for an all-pro NFL player to a patagonia vest wearing “analyst bro” just to beat the deadest horse on JN.

They’re not really bullet points. I don’t know HTML.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Have you written any fiction books? I always wondered what you did for a living. Or is it just something of a side job? Interesting piece in any event. ?

By the way my prediction is that Adams has his breakout year 2020. We’ll see how many pics he has at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, Jack Straw said:

Are these former LSU teammates using their degrees to the fullest extent at Walmart?

250 guys in a major college program passed through while Jamal was there and a few of them are envious of his success?

I'm in a Mother Theresa group chat and there are three former nuns that served with her and they are constantly referring her to as "Mother Whore".

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Are these former LSU teammates using their degrees to the fullest extent at Walmart?

250 guys in a major college program passed through while Jamal was there and a few of them are envious of his success?

I'm in a Mother Theresa group chat and there are three former nuns that served with her and they are constantly referring her to as "Mother Whore".

Fun fact: not one of the 251 guys you’re mentioning ever finished higher than third in the SEC West. 

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Imagine blaming Jamal for this for a third consecutive year.

Lol imagine if we had drafted one of the other highly rated QBs that the fake Mahomes/Watson lovers were pining over? Guys who “just wanted a QB because we needed a QB”?

Roger Goodall steps up to the mic and booms  “With the 6th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Deshone Kizer, Quarterback, Notre Dame.”

How great does Jamal Adams look now?

The fake hindsight 20-20 love for  Mahomes is LOLworthy but Watson?  

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Lol imagine if we had drafted one of the other highly rated QBs that the fake Mahomes/Watson lovers were pining over? Guys who “just wanted a QB because we needed a QB”?

Roger Goodall steps up to the mic and booms  “With the 6th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Deshone Kizer, Quarterback, Notre Dame.”

How great does Jamal Adams look now?

The fake hindsight 20-20 love for  Mahomes is LOLworthy but Watson?  

On the plus side, we would have ruined both Watson and Mahomes.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:24 PM, GREENBEAN said:

And that is where good solid coaching comes in. The really good stuff is when Adams can use his aggressive tendencies to let the offense think they are setting him up and do something totally different. Mind games and chess man. 

Great coaching can take a guy with his willingness to learn and refine him to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Spot on as football is nothing but a game of chess between two guys playing with biological pieces. It's why I get frustrated when we've had coaches who come off as absolutely clueless. Slow people don't generally win chess matches.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:25 PM, T0mShane said:

Dude it’s football