Josh McCnown on NFL Live talking about Darnold

That didn't take long now did it?  Josh hangin out with the C team to get his new career started.  Good stuff. 

I can't wait to see what Sam can do this coming season under Gase and with some of the new weapons he has. If they can stay healthy and actually allow some real consistency and comfort to develop it may be a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 3

Fluff stuff for the most part but what I thought was the most encouraging part of that bit was when Josh said,"he's the best young QB I've seen from the meeting room to the field".

That ability, to identify, understand in the film room but then to make the proper improvements on the field is what makes the great ones, great.  Sam has the tools.  That's clear as day.  It's going to be about what goes on between the ears that sets him apart.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fluff stuff for the most part but what I thought was the most encouraging part of that bit was when Josh said,"he's the best young QB I've seen from the meeting room to the field".

I have to admit my ignorance.....what other young QB's did McCown see in the meeting room and field?

Long career as that, I presume it's quite a few, were any notable?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have to admit my ignorance.....what other young QB's did McCown see in the meeting room and field?

Just by looking at the teams he was playing on as well as what young QB’s they might of had those years... I’d say none notable, no.

So Myers Park HS here in Charlotte. Interesting. He coached at Marvin Ridge which is the next county over. MP is my neighborhood , a bit upscale and encompasses a few upper class neighborhoods as well as many middle class neighborhoods.  

Confident I’ll run in to him as I live in walking distance of the HS.

Excited to know he chose to return to Charlotte.  

Love the the reference to LAST in AFC east last three years.   

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Well, he was here with Petty and Hack.  hahahhaha

In Arizona, they drafted John Navarre.

In Oakland, Jamarcus Russell

In Carolina, Matt Moore.

In Chicago, Nathan Ederle, Dan Lefevour, Jay Cutler, Caleb Henie.

Tampa, Mike Glennon.

Cleveland, Johnny Manziel and Cody Kessler.

And I'm sure there are more. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

In Carolina, Matt Moore.

Tampa, Mike Glennon.

Wow Sam is the best of that bunch!  That’s quite an endorsement!  He played with real lousy young qb’s. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

In Carolina, Matt Moore.

Tampa, Mike Glennon.

A generally awful list but I suppose we can take solace that Darnold should be far better than any of these guys.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Wow Sam is the best of that bunch!  That’s quite an endorsement!  He played with real lousy young qb’s. 

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A generally awful list but I suppose we can take solace that Darnold should be far better than any of these guys.

Yes, uninspiring list but I think we're taking the comment in away that I dont think Josh intended.  It's one thing to suck.  90% of QB's who are drafted fail.  It's another thing to be able to see something on film, go the practice field and fix it.  I'm sure the later is easier to do and even those who have failed, probably could do this to a certain extent.  It's still encouraging he's the best he's ever seen at it.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:17 AM, Warfish said:

Over the last 16 years?

Nevermind, he probably didnt see Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, etc etc.  He never had cable and all

Yes, uninspiring list but I think we're taking the comment in away that I dont think Josh intended.  It's one thing to suck.  90% of QB's who are drafted fail.  It's another thing to be able to see something on film, go the practice field and fix it.  I'm sure the later is easier to do and even those who have failed, probably could do this to a certain extent.  It's still encouraging he's the best he's ever seen at it.  

Agreed. If it means nothing else it could insinuate that Sam will more than likely not go the way of that group. That’s a good thing all by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app