See all of Robbie Anderson's Career Touchdowns

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Nice little collection vid of the guy who is about to explode on to the NFL main stage this coming season.  Let them try and stick 8 in the box to key on Bell. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/see-all-15-of-robby-anderson-s-career-touchdowns

That's exactly the kind of thing that gives me the chills about the potential for this season.  We'll be able to threaten the opposing defense at all three levels.  Running Bell or hitting him underneath with a pass in the flat or check down, looking for the willy Crowder in the intermediate area or Herndon down the seam or across the middle, or going over the top to Robby or even Enunwa.

I'm confident Gase can draw it up.  If Darnold can quickly diagnose and recognize what's open with enough time from the OLine then lookout.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's exactly the kind of thing that gives me the chills about the potential for this season.  We'll be able to threaten the opposing defense at all three levels.  Running Bell or hitting him underneath with a pass in the flat or check down, looking for the willy Crowder in the intermediate area or Herndon down the seam or across the middle, or going over the top to Robby or even Enunwa.

I'm confident Gase can draw it up.  If Darnold can quickly diagnose and recognize what's open with enough time from the OLine then lookout.

You and me both. Anderson is legit. He has worked hard and progressed nicely. He and Sam seem to have developed a solid rapport which can be seen on some of the Darnold scramble completions/TD's.  That relationship can take another step forward this season. 

We have a lot of potential and if Sam can read the D's quickly and make decisions like you mentioned, I believe the weapons are there. Sure we lack star power outside of Bell, but what we lack there we make up for with a solid stable of lunch pail types. The other x factor will be if Enunwa can stay healthy. I actually hope to see more 12 personnel packages with Enunwa being the guy on the sideline to keep him in good health.  If he  can manage to stay healthy it will go a long way toward the progression we hope to see with Darnold.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Nice little collection vid of the guy who is about to explode on to the NFL main stage this coming season.  Let them try and stick 8 in the box to key on Bell. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/see-all-15-of-robby-anderson-s-career-touchdowns

nothing like a little eye candy for breakfast! THANK YOU!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Explode? No but I’d be happy with 80 catches 1,000 yards and 9 tds

I'd say 80 catches or above would qualify as an explosion. Especially when you consider Bell is more than likely going to have at least 60 catches out of the backfield.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Explode? No but I’d be happy with 80 catches 1,000 yards and 9 tds

I think that 80 catches would produce more like 1,600 yards based on his route tree. This guy is pure speed.... He's running vertical posts, slants and 20+ yd. outs most of the time. Small frame, so I keep him away from where the linebackers dwell.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Best pure deep threat in the game.

I love the "Homer" in you but Robbie has some stiff competition for that title. Deandre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans and Julio Jones come to mind. AB had an off year but still a stud.

I do believe Robbie can make a case this year if Gase game plans well, Sammy develops into a top 15 QB this year and the OL gives enough protection to allow the routes to develop!!

Go Jets!!

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You can totally see most of these corners retreating so fast when they realize that they just can’t keep up with Robby’s straight line speed. It also helps this guy can track the ball in the air so naturally, has strong hands and his skinny ass CAN make 50/50 contested catches.

Robby is a baller.

His hands are really surprisingly strong. I love high side hands catches when the DB's are right there. Robbie does that in addition to being able to burn right past the DB's. Love this guy. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

His hands are really surprisingly strong. I love high side hands catches when the DB's are right there. Robbie does that in addition to being able to burn right past the DB's. Love this guy. 

He really still can get a lot better too. If that route running comes into shape...Robby is going to be really dangerous.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

You and me both. Anderson is legit. He has worked hard and progressed nicely. He and Sam seem to have developed a solid rapport which can be seen on some of the Darnold scramble completions/TD's.  That relationship can take another step forward this season. 

We have a lot of potential and if Sam can read the D's quickly and make decisions like you mentioned, I believe the weapons are there. Sure we lack star power outside of Bell, but what we lack there we make up for with a solid stable of lunch pail types. The other x factor will be if Enunwa can stay healthy. I actually hope to see more 12 personnel packages with Enunwa being the guy on the sideline to keep him in good health.  If he  can manage to stay healthy it will go a long way toward the progression we hope to see with Darnold.

Who is the other TE in 12? Wesco? And no 12 until Herndon returns from exile. I'd prefer 11 with Q and Crowd, but you're right that it makes sense to keep Q on some kind of pitch count. Need him there for the whole season. I'd prefer more 21 with Powell, Montgomery or McGuire, whichever makes the team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Who is the other TE in 12? Wesco? And no 12 until Herndon returns from exile. I'd prefer 11 with Q and Crowd, but you're right that it makes sense to keep Q on some kind of pitch count. Need him there for the whole season. I'd prefer more 21 with Powell or McGuire, whichever makes the team.

Yeah. We need time to see how he will do in the NFL, but I like the idea of having Wesco in line and Herndon split at the same time. That literally puts 5  receivers on the field at the same time and is also a solid protect.  Wesco and Bell are very good blockers. Wesco slipping off of his block can be something we exploit this season.  I would agree no 12 until Herndon is back though. That 's a good point. I consistently forget about that. I also don't know much about that other TE we have. Daniel Brown?  Who knows what he can bring to the table? Gase seems to like him. 

Truth is I am also excited about some 22 or 21 with Bell and Montgomery(or Powell) out there at the same time. We have a lot of range with the personnel we have this year. I would still think 11 is what we see more of than anything else, and rightfully so, but we can play around quite a bit. Especially if Wesco comes along.   The Enunwa health issue is real and it would be nice to see some foresight there.  Crowder would be the first thought when going into the 12 or 22 packages but I think Enunwa may be the smarter move for health reasons.  Maybe even Anderson but I'd like to keep the deep threat on the field. 

Moving the chains was great last week with the dissecting of the personnel packages for each team. I'm sure you heard it. It got me thinking. :) 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah. We need time to see how he will do in the NFL, but I like the idea of having Wesco in line and Herndon split at the same time. That literally puts 5  receivers on the field at the same time and is also a solid protect.  Wesco and Bell are very good blockers. Wesco slipping off of his block can be something we exploit this season.  I would agree no 12 until Herndon is back though. That 's a good point. I consistently forget about that. I also don't know much about that other TE we have. Daniel Brown?  Who knows what he can bring to the table? Gase seems to like him. 

Truth is I am also excited about some 22 or 21 with Bell and Montgomery(or Powell) out there at the same time. We have a lot of range with the personnel we have this year. I would still think 11 is what we see more of than anything else, and rightfully so, but we can play around quite a bit. Especially if Wesco comes along.   The Enunwa health issue is real and it would be nice to see some foresight there.  Crowder would be the first thought when going into the 12 or 22 packages but I think Enunwa may be the smarter move for health reasons.  Maybe even Anderson but I'd like to keep the deep threat on the field. 

Moving the chains was great last week with the dissecting of the personnel packages for each team. I'm sure you heard it. It got me thinking. :) 

I've reached the point where I'll listen to a rewind of a show of theirs I've missed rather than a live different show with other hosts. However, I do appreciate Polian's boundless knowledge and endless ability to provide real NFL examples. Like him or not, he is great on the air. They have Marvez there to keep him from rambling. He does a good job of keeping Bill on a leash. I rarely listen to NY sports stations any more. 

And even though it's a national show, there's ample Jets discussion. Kirwan loves to talk about his time at Hofstra and drop little nuggets of info about the Hess-Jets when he was there. I sometimes find myself trying to figure out what unnamed Jet from the 90s he's talking about.  Funny, he never tells us just how much he sucked at his own job.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've reached the point where I'll listen to a rewind of a show of theirs I've missed rather than a live different show with other hosts. However, I do appreciate Polian's boundless knowledge and endless ability to provide real NFL examples. Like him or not, he is great on the air. They have Marvez there to keep him from rambling. He does a good job of keeping Bill on a leash. I rarely listen to NY sports stations any more. 

lol  I've recently done pretty much the same thing.  I struggle with Weiss and his attitude/weasing.   Moving the Chains is the best show on there and it's usually more than I have time for anyway. I pretty much find their most recent show and go with that.  Unless there is some new news I want to hear discussed like the hiring of the new GM or how Arron Rodgers is already in a power struggle with LeFleur in Green bay. lol 

I liked the personnel package discussions and they were more complintary of the Jets 11 personnel than I would have thought. I think people are cautious to heap praises on our group because there are a lot of question marks (How will bell show up after a year off, Gase's offense, Darnold's progression, Enunwa and Crowder's health, our OL etc) but we have boat loads of potential and could surprise a lot of people if it comes together. 

I prefer being overlooked at this point in our team building process. Let everyone think we're shlubs who can't get out of the circus tent.  Then lets smack the Pats right in their mouths while they are getting the TE thing worked out early in the season. 

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

@Raideraholic is snooping around this thread. 

Gonna tell us that Tyrell Williams is better than Robby in 3... 2... 1...

I'm not going to insult anyone intelligence by even going down that path.( no need to make that argument).   The fact is when Robby Anderson becomes a 1000 yard receiver once in his career , than I might take him serious as a Wr.       

So many bad Wr who played on bad teams were able to put up 1,000 yards receiving season ( T Pryor) .    Robby Anderson hasn't done it yet, and with addition of L Bell, and the slot receiver getting their share of the football - he most likely won't get it in 2019 either.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gase being able to put Westco, Herndon, Q and Robby/Crowder on the field with Bell gives the offense a huge advantage in being able to dictate matchups.

If the defense stays in a base defense he can split Bel and Herndon out in a 4 WR set with an empty backfield and wetco staying in to max protect and have 4 truly legit players out on routes against safeties and LBs.

If the defense goes to nickel, we can have a true 2 TE set, with Westco as a big blocking TE and Q as an Hback to run the ball down their throats with Bell.  

As for Robby, Gase needs to take advantage of the cushions he gets and hit him on some short passes early in the season to force the defense to play both short and deep routes.  Robby's height and speed give him such an advantage, I think the 80-1000-8 is very reasonable with Sam in this offense

• Sympathy 1

Gase being able to put Westco, Herndon, Q and Robby/Crowder on the field with Bell gives the offense a huge advantage in being able to dictate matchups.
If the defense stays in a base defense he can split Bel and Herndon out in a 4 WR set with an empty backfield and wetco staying in to max protect and have 4 truly legit players out on routes against safeties and LBs.
If the defense goes to nickel, we can have a true 2 TE set, with Westco as a big blocking TE and Q as an Hback to run the ball down their throats with Bell.  
As for Robby, Gase needs to take advantage of the cushions he gets and hit him on some short passes early in the season to force the defense to play both short and deep routes.  Robby's height and speed give him such an advantage, I think the 80-1000-8 is very reasonable with Sam in this offense

Right. Seeing how Wesco develops is one of the points of interest for me this year. Having a Todd Heap type of TE threat with stout blocking would change everything. Getting a solid blocker who is a legit threat in the passing game is immeasurably beneficial.

I wouldn’t want to see Herndon lose too many snaps to Wesco overall though. That’s were the idea of 12 or 22 personnel comes into the fray. Herndon and Wesco, if he can be a receiving threat, would be mismatch heaven. Especially when you consider bell and crowder with Robbie up top.

I like what you’re saying about setting up Robbie with shorter routes early too. If the DB has to respect his short game, it makes the deep stuff that much more possible. Robbies development is key. I bet JEFFERSON is having a great time with him. So much potential.

My thought about enunwa is we have to be careful. I would like to see his snap count managed more than it was last year. He obviously can’t make it through a season with how aggressive he is on the YAC. I’d like to see him come out more times than not when we go to 12 over crowder or Anderson. Of course there will be packages for all of it but you know what I’m saying.

Either way it’s gonna be fun to have an actual offensive schemer on our side. It’s been a long time since I really felt we could have the smartest guy in the room calling our plays. We’re not all the way there yet, but we have enough pieces to have some fun and be effective this season.

We’re going to at least split with the Pats this year. Mark it down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 6/19/2019 at 11:34 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I love the last TD, Darnold threw the same TD pass to Herndon a few weeks later where he just cut into the middle with no one there so he could walk in.

Great vision.

Btw, wasn't a big fan of Robby's off field persona last few years but he seems to have matured quite a bit and is ready to take it to the next level.

Would could have a gamer here. I'm liking this guy.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, Patriot Killa said:

You can totally see most of these corners retreating so fast when they realize that they just can’t keep up with Robby’s straight line speed. It also helps this guy can track the ball in the air so naturally, has strong hands and his skinny ass CAN make 50/50 contested catches.

Robby is a baller.

All true but his hand strength would be something to continue working on. Naturally a smaller frame dude. 

I love the last TD, Darnold threw the same TD pass to Herndon a few weeks later where he just cut into the middle with no one there so he could walk in.
Great vision.
Btw, wasn't a big fan of Robby's off field persona last few years but he seems to have matured quite a bit and is ready to take it to the next level.
Would could have a gamer here. I'm liking this guy.

Robbie has a nice long stretch of time since he’s had any issues. Truth is it was really one bad verbal exchange that most people reference to label him a trouble maker. I’ve done way worse lol

If you watch that Jets life vid of him
And how hard he worked to be able to play at temple, it paints the picture of a guy who really wants to make it and will put in the work. He’s just a young kid. He will make mistakes. Look at his jewelry. lol

We have a real baller out there. As a speedy piece to a larger group of talented offensive guys he could absolutely light defenses up. I’m
So happy to have him and would be In
Favor of Douglas giving him a longer term contract before the season to lock him up for a few years. He’s that good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Again in sixteen game season being a 1,000 yard receiver shouldn't be that difficult if you're one of your teams top weapons. You have to average just  62.5 yards per game.

Robby Anderson has never had a 1,000 yard season when he was the Jets top weapon. Now the Jets added more receiving weapons ( Bell , slot receiver) Robby Anderson receiving numbers aren't going up , but down. ( Darnold can spread the ball around to more options). 

Robby Anderson does serve a big role in the Jets offense as he there to stretch the field / defense.    Jets need to find a true number 1 Wr for Darnold .   Robby Anderson isn't that receiver.

How many Jet fans who play fantasy football are picking Robby Anderson for their team. ( not too many as he isn't consistent enough). 

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Again in sixteen game season being a 1,000 yard receiver shouldn't be that difficult if you're one of your teams top weapons. You have to average just  62.5 yards per game.

Robby Anderson has never had a 1,000 yard season when he was the Jets top weapon. Now the Jets added more receiving weapons ( Bell , slot receiver) Robby Anderson receiving numbers aren't going up , but down. ( Darnold can spread the ball around to more options). 

Robby Anderson does serve a big role in the Jets offense as he there to stretch the field / defense.    Jets need to find a true number 1 Wr for Darnold .   Robby Anderson isn't that receiver.

How many Jet fans who play fantasy football are picking Robby Anderson for their team. ( not too many as he isn't consistent enough). 

I hear ya and your points are valid. The thing to keep in mind when discussing him is that he came in as an UDFA. Those guys aren't being looked at as the major offensive weapon. He has had to earn his place on the team. I think he simply made the best of his situation which was based on necessity due to a void in WR talent.  Let's also consider that he is now on his 4th OC in as many years. That's ridiculous when you think about it. lol  

He hasn't had the easiest road to get where he is. 

Even last year he was seen as little more than a one trick pony and we only saw his expanded route tree when there were no other options out there at the end of the season. We had our 4th and 5th WR's running around as starters. Robbie has had to play the game and make the best of every opportunity. And while he most likely needed to progress that way, I really believe this is the first staff that really understands how talented he is. It will be interesting to see how much his role expands or not under Gase.  If he sees him as a more rounded receiver, he will get more looks and touches. If he see's him as a deep threat and decoy, he will have a lower catch rate but with a lot of big plays.  One thing for sure is Robbie has a big opportunity this season and I'm looking forward to see how he does with it. 

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You have to take into account his QBs were Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown and a Rookie. 

And he wasn’t the number 1 option in 2016. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I don't like the Jets in 22, but I do find both 21 and 11 potentially very effective as change of pace no huddle sets with Wesco and Montgomery. Lock the defense into nickel by starting in 11, and then you can get whatever matchup you want including running power with Wesco as full back, or splitting Bell Wide for 4 wide receiver sets, you could even put Crowder and Robbie in the slot and really get some mismatches,

• Sympathy 1