See all of Robbie Anderson's Career Touchdowns

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I don't like the Jets in 22, but I do find both 21 and 11 potentially very effective as change of pace no huddle sets with Wesco and Montgomery. Lock the defense into nickel by starting in 11, and then you can get whatever matchup you want including running power with Wesco as full back, or splitting Bell Wide for 4 wide receiver sets, you could even put Crowder and Robbie in the slot and really get some mismatches,

What do you do with Herndon in your 21 and 22 if Wesco is on the field?  I would think Herndon gets most of those snaps. In order for Wesco to have success in 11 or 21 that is going to keep Herndon off. If you are talking about Wesco being the FB in the 22, I could see that.  I'd rather see Wesco in line TE than FB though. At least that's my first thought. All this talk of him being a FB seems off to me. I could be wrong but I struggle to see it.  21 with Bell and Powell/ Montgomery seems more dangerous to a D. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

What do you do with Herndon in your 21 and 22 if Wesco is on the field?  I would think Herndon gets most of those snaps. In order for Wesco to have success in 11 or 21 that is going to keep Herndon off. If you are talking about Wesco being the FB in the 22, I could see that.  I'd rather see Wesco in line TE than FB though. At least that's my first thought. All this talk of him being a FB seems off to me. I could be wrong but I struggle to see it.  21 with Bell and Powell/ Montgomery seems more dangerous to a D. 

Oh I agree with most of that. Wesco went to the combine as a fullback. What I was saying is that it could be sort of a surprise package where you stay in no huddle/no substitution and Wesco gives you the option of going vertical or playing run power. I suspect early that we are like an 80% 11 personnel team, maybe use some 22 in goal line, and use Wesco mostly inline on early downs with the occasional slip play action seam. I can also see us using a lot of 10 personnel with Crowder and Burnett double slot and designed passes to Bell and slants to Crowder/Burnett setting up deep posts and gos for Q and Robbie. I also agree 21 can be dangerous, but something tells me that they will save that for later as it puts a lot on Darnolds plate. I think they go Aaron Rodgers scheme with losts of single and two person reads with fast checkdowns early to get Darnold's comp percentage up, but not sure that maximizes Darnolds strengths

One thing for sure is that we do have much greater package flexibility than we have had in years.

21 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Oh I agree with most of that. Wesco went to the combine as a fullback. What I was saying is that it could be sort of a surprise package where you stay in no huddle/no substitution and Wesco gives you the option of going vertical or playing run power. I suspect early that we are like an 80% 11 personnel team, maybe use some 22 in goal line, and use Wesco mostly inline on early downs with the occasional slip play action seam. I can also see us using a lot of 10 personnel with Crowder and Burnett double slot and designed passes to Bell and slants to Crowder/Burnett setting up deep posts and gos for Q and Robbie. I also agree 21 can be dangerous, but something tells me that they will save that for later as it puts a lot on Darnolds plate. I think they go Aaron Rodgers scheme with losts of single and two person reads with fast checkdowns early to get Darnold's comp percentage up, but not sure that maximizes Darnolds strengths

One thing for sure is that we do have much greater package flexibility than we have had in years.

Agreed. We have a very interesting array of weapons for this year.  If Gase is worth a $hit as an offensive game planner, he can have a lot of fun with multiple packages to exploit specific weaknesses of any particular defense. I love our potential. 

The 10 personnel is interesting as well. If Burnett can stick this year he would add a nice compliment to having Crowder, Anderson, Enunwa  and Bell on the field at the same time. That's a lot to account for.  I just wish our Damn OL was more secure. At least KO is here and adds some potential aggression to the left side. I'm also hoping Pollack and Frazier can get more out of these guys and help them take a step forward as a group. That would be a very positive development . If our OL can play better this year than they did last season, that will make all of the difference when trying to utilize these personnel packages we are talking about.