WayneChrebet80

Which of these NY Sports teams has the brightest future

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 27

24 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be

Shocked.

Never would have guessed

• Haha 3

Well I don't care about baseball or basketball so out of the Jets-Giants I have to say the Jets.  The Giants had their time and now they can suck it.  

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Youre crediting Gettleman for being in a FO that went to a SB apparently?  OK

Hes been a GM with the Panthers and Giants.  Those would be the only SBs he gets credit for.  How many is that?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes been a GM with the Panthers and Giants.  Those would be the only SBs he gets credit for.  How many is that?

And the Panthers core was built before their SB trip, it can easily be argued he made them worse and about a year after the SB he was fired.  Gettleman is awful and I'm so happy he's their GM.  I hope both he and Eli are around for many years to come.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

And the Panthers core was built before their SB trip, it can easily be argued he made them worse and about a year after the SB he was fired.  Gettleman is awful and I'm so happy he's their GM.  I hope both he and Eli are around for many years to come.

He had most of the team hating him and hated being Panthers.  He was a failure in Carolina.

Then again the troll actually said the Giants have a ton of picks, imaginary cap space and a franchise QB.  But he has questions about Darnold.  Somehow in his dream becoming the FQB for the Giants doesnt bring the same pressure as becoming a FQB for the Jets

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The guy you quoted is a fake I believe, I think he's the one that credited Gettleman with drafting John elway and JimKelly even though he wasn't GM for either team AND wasn't even working for those teams when they were drafted 😂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The guy you quoted is a fake I believe, I think he's the one that credited Gettleman with drafting him John elway and him Kelly even though he wasn't GM for either team AND wasn't even working for those teams when they were drafted 😂

My point was he’s been around great QBs. He knows what one looks like.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The guy you quoted is a fake I believe, I think he's the one that credited Gettleman with drafting him John elway and him Kelly even though he wasn't GM for either team AND wasn't even working for those teams when they were drafted 😂

His first NFL job was with the Bills in 1986 as a scout.  Thats well after those two were drafted.  

Nevermind they were drafted in the same year so drafting Elway and Kelly, working for two teams at one time is kind of stupid

• Upvote 1

Just now, WayneChrebet80 said:

I believe you said he was involved in drafting them, that's a huge difference.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I watched great QBs play too.

So have every single FO person who has been around for a while.

Doesnt make my choice or another GMs choices right

You have no point

• Upvote 3

Every team seems to be treading water until further notice. The Knicks find new ways to get worse.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

Cornering the market on Neg reps, well played

• Haha 2

There's got to be a Giants forum if you like stroking Dave Gettleman so much. 

• Upvote 1

Where'd the Rangers go?  They have a strong GM and have made some terrific moves to shed the old players with big cap hits and reload on youth.

Brightest future list:

Yankees
Jets
Rangers

I'm not a fan, but the Devils and Nets should be on the list.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Throw your phone in a lake

Now that’s world class evaluating right there. 

Of those teams, based on personnel, I think I would say the Jets. If Darnold is as good as I think he is, the Jets are going to be very good. 

The only thing that would give me pause, is that the Giants ownership is better than the Jets. I trust Mara more than Woody/CJ. But that is basically the only thing I give the Giants over the Jets. Maybe RB as well. 

I don't trust Mets or Knicks ownership to ever do the right thing. Perry is intriguing for sure, but the Knicks could easily sign Middleton and Tobias Harris and ruin the rebuild they're doing.

The troll game is strong on the board these days.  Really up'd their game.  Impressive. 

• Upvote 3

nice troll, but missed opportunity not talking about the great ownership of the Knicks - I hear cable is making a comeback, all this streaming and the internet is just a fad, If the Nets sign Kyrie Irving and KD the Knicks will have to move - much like MSG they will be irrelevant

Haskins will beat the vagiants twice a year for the next decade, 3 times per year after they fire Gettleman and get out from under the bad contracts 

• Upvote 1

The answer is easy and it's the Jets - and it's the Jets solely because they have Sam Darnold.  

That gives them a pretty big leg up on the other three.

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Is this a joke?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Brooklyn Nets

They’ll **** it up once they sign Kyrie Irving. They finally get a young stud PG in DLo and now they wanna **** it up by moving one to shooting guard. 

DLo is NOT a shooting guard. His style of play tells you that he’s better suited being a playmaker. That’s his game. Dishing the ball out and scoring when he gets the chance. Being 6’5 doesn’t mean throw him at 2 guard.

whatever the nets are goin to mess this up. 

Im going with the Jets right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Ok, I'll play along.

The Knicks will turn it around the fastest

They will get a really good player with the 3rd pick tonight even if it isn't  Zion, and they have two max slots. KD would have been one of those players but Irving is a major upgrade at PG and Leonard wouldn't  be such a bad choice if he doesn't  stay with Toronto.  There is also DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmy Butler who are FA. Bam. Instant contender.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

nice troll, but missed opportunity not talking about the great ownership of the Knicks - I hear cable is making a comeback, all this streaming and the internet is just a fad, If the Nets sign Kyrie Irving and KD the Knicks will have to move - much like MSG they will be irrelevant

Haskins will beat the vagiants twice a year for the next decade, 3 times per year after they fire Gettleman and get out from under the bad contracts 

You do know streaming is still pretty unreliable. Unless you are paying for 200 to 400 service which is so expensive, what is the point of Roku or Sling

• Confused 1

The optimist in me is saying the Jets

The realist in me is saying the Islanders. 

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They’ll **** it up once they sign Kyrie Irving. They finally get a young stud PG in DLo and now they wanna **** it up by moving one to shooting guard. 

DLo is NOT a shooting guard. His style of play tells you that he’s better suited being a playmaker. That’s his game. Dishing the ball out and scoring when he gets the chance. Being 6’5 doesn’t mean throw him at 2 guard.

whatever the nets are goin to mess this up. 

Im going with the Jets right now.

DLo kinda sucks and he’s going to be a Knick in a few days 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going with the Celtics as the team he picks if he leaves...and I use to think DLo sucked...

But He really don’t bro. He’s tall enough to grab boards easier than most PG’s, he’s obviously not a volume shooter but he can score from anywhere on the court and he’s ability to pass is probably the best thing about him. He’s developed nicely and still only 22 years old.

But I don’t like the situation regardless because Kyrie is not a leader and he can’t lead a team deep into the playoffs. Kyrie went out saaaad this year when they got 4-1’d. They made it further the year before with 19 year old rookies lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is not true

• Upvote 1