Which of these NY Sports teams has the brightest future

On 6/20/2019 at 5:17 PM, WayneChrebet80 said:

I hate the Giants. That said I respect their organization and I respect Gettleman.

Sure you do.

And you respect Jones I guess.  You know, a young FQB.  LOL  But heres the thing, not Darnold.  Even funnier.

Why the hell would anyone respect Gettleman, he's done nothing.  Anywhere.  Well other than being a "world class talent evaluator" OMG, thats ridiculously funny.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

So, you're opinion is based upon the track record of a GM's past.

Based upon that alone, I can't take your analysis seriously.

I have to go by what I see, and the direction of both franchises.  Gettleman made a huge mistake IMO by getting a running back who should be a piece of a puzzle to get you over the top, not to build around, since the position has a life span of around 8 years, and in year #2, the Giants look not to have a very good team, and your future QB is probably 3 years away, with Eli playing this year.

As for the Jets, I do not believe that Sam has to be elite, only a top 10 QB, which I believe he will be. I like our head coach more than I like the Giants head coach, who I believe will be fired within the next year or two, so they will be starting over in that department.  I like the Jets players better overall than the Giants, and I love the team of executives that have taken over the Jets.

I say based upon what I see, the Jets are the team on the rise, and I feel the Giants will be mediocre for at least the next 2 years if not 3 years.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, Hackenberg said:

Giants average  a super bowl  every 10 years, and playoffs every 2.7.. it' a given they'll do well relatively  soon. 

You think the knicks screwed up, but they didnt. Whether it's a year from now or sooner,  Zion or someone  else big time, will end up there. Zion won't  remain a Pelican if the script is that  he's the next big thing.

Anyone with a brain can make statistics say whatever you want them to say, but it's fools gold, and total nonsense.  Using the statistics, the Jets win the Super Bowl every 8 years if you stopped and looked at the Jets in 1969.

We can say the same thing about he Mets after 1969.  After 1973, we could say the Knicks will continue to make the playoffs and win the Championship every decade or so.

Maybe the Giants won't win the Super Bowl for the next 30 years, and then the average will only drop to winning a superbowl every 15 years!

You must think we are all stupid!

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Anyone with a brain can make statistics say whatever you want them to say, but it's fools gold, and total nonsense.  Using the statistics, the Jets win the Super Bowl every 8 years if you stopped and looked at the Jets in 1969.

We can say the same thing about he Mets after 1969.  After 1973, we could say the Knicks will continue to make the playoffs and win the Championship every decade or so.

Maybe the Giants won't win the Super Bowl for the next 30 years, and then the average will only drop to winning a superbowl every 15 years!

You must think we are all stupid!

Lol the Giants have in fact Gone as often as I said. It's obvious  the league gives them a seniority,  the Jets will never have. I'm not making stats say anything. They say exactly  what history  has shown. Like I said, they have gone to playoffs every 2.7 years. Thats throughout about a 100 years history.

The Jets have been around 50 years and got one SB. They didn't even go to another one to lose. 

since 1925 ,the Giants have been to 20 championships and won 8. Thats nearly one a decade ,minus two, for wins.. twice a decade in appearances . Not only that, they spawned the championships of the rest of the league in one way or another.. Landry, Lombardi, Belichick, the Tuna.

The only way New York stops winning is if half the population  leaves and they need to focus on raising revenue  in another city. The Giants and Yankees will always cycle up to the championship round, sooner then other teams. You aren't dumb. Just poor at research and comprehension

49 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol the Giants have in fact Gone as often as I said. It's obvious  the league gives them a seniority,  the Jets will never have. I'm not making stats say anything. They say exactly  what history  has shown. Like I said, they have gone to playoffs every 2.7 years. Thats throughout about a 100 years history.

The Jets have been around 50 years and got one SB. They didn't even go to another one to lose. 

since 1925 ,the Giants have been to 20 championships and won 8. Thats nearly one a decade ,minus two, for wins.. twice a decade in appearances . Not only that, they spawned the championships of the rest of the league in one way or another.. Landry, Lombardi, Belichick, the Tuna.

The only way New York stops winning is if half the population  leaves and they need to focus on raising revenue  in another city. The Giants and Yankees will always cycle up to the championship round, sooner then other teams. You aren't dumb. Just poor at research and comprehension

You're right that the Giants have a storied franchise and a very old one with all the pedigree that comes with it. However, Alka's point is also relevant regarding the way forward. Past performance does not predict future returns, as they say in the market. The Giants are in a bit of a scramble right now -- banking on an over the hill QB and side-stepping Darnold, dumping OBJ, using a high pick on Daniel Jones when I would surmise no one rated him even in the first round, defense in a mess, offensive line issues as well. And Gettleman.... an old timer in a hurry to win now. This is not a recipe for a super bowl run any time soon, IMHO.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You're right that the Giants have a storied franchise and a very old one with all the pedigree that comes with it. However, Alka's point is also relevant regarding the way forward. Past performance does not predict future returns, as they say in the market. The Giants are in a bit of a scramble right now -- banking on an over the hill QB and side-stepping Darnold, dumping OBJ, using a high pick on Daniel Jones when I would surmise no one rated him even in the first round, defense in a mess, offensive line issues as well. And Gettleman.... an old timer in a hurry to win now. This is not a recipe for a super bowl run any time soon, IMHO.

Forward past performance  does in fact predict  the future when 100 years have shown the same thing over and over. Who do you think came up with the term- history  repeats itself.. the very people doing it to you. Who cares if Daniel ain't the guy? Someone else will be.. and another thing history has shown is Giants win with mid range QBs  all the time. Hostetler, Simms, they went to a SB with a Penn state guy who's  name I forget lol. The players are irrelevant. Being the oldest football team in the most  populated city, is why they win. 

Hell, even Buffalo has done better then the Jets.  

how can you.. arm  chair fan guy. Say you know more than nfl people ,about  who's good and who isnt? Why would a pro team draft a guy you think is bad,  because  media told you he's bad. 

it obviously  means  they were supposed to. To fit a narrative. To make you think you know something. You know  more than people involved first hand, in a billion dollar business? More than scouts? Of course you don't and neither would a journalist.  If they say he's bad and he ends up being bad. It means it was supposed to happen. Entertainment. 

3 hours ago, Alka said:

I have to go by what I see, and the direction of both franchises.  Gettleman made a huge mistake IMO by getting a running back who should be a piece of a puzzle to get you over the top, not to build around, since the position has a life span of around 8 years, and in year #2, the Giants look not to have a very good team, and your future QB is probably 3 years away, with Eli playing this year.

Agree.  Except that RBs dont usually have a 8 year life span.  But like you said, even with a 8 year span when you factor in a 3 year developmental period for Jones, what do they have time wise together?  Would have made much more sense to start the developmental process.  Another factor is if youre really lucky and SBarkley is a top of the charts RB for 4 seasons then you'll have to dump a small fortune his way, right when you need to be finalizing your roster for a serious playoff push.

Ass backwards IMO

21 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Forward past performance  does in fact predict  the future when 100 years have shown the same thing over and over. Who do you think came up with the term- history  repeats itself.. the very people doing it to you. Who cares if Daniel ain't the guy? Someone else will be.. and another thing history has shown is Giants win with mid range QBs  all the time. Hostetler, Simms, they went to a SB with a Penn state guy who's  name I forget lol. The players are irrelevant. Being the oldest football team in the most  populated city, is why they win. 

how can you.. arm  chair fan guy. Say you know more than nfl people ,about  who's good and who isnt? Why would a pro team draft a guy you think is bad,  because  media told you he's bad. 

it obviously  means  they were supposed to. To fit a narrative. To make you think you know something. You know  more than people involved first hand, in a billion dollar business? More than scouts? Of course you don't and neither would a journalist.  If they say he's bad and he ends up being bad. It means it was supposed to happen. Entertainment. 

Giants had a 20 year run of the most embarrassing football from ownership down to their FO.  They had a 30 year run without a championship.  They literally had Rosell threaten to take the franchise away from them, forced them to hire George Young.  They had fans boycott their games.  Hired planes to fly over GS with banners ridiculing their team and HC. 

Your team went over 40 years without winning anything.  49'rs went about the same until they won.  

History means nothing, thats as ridiculous as it gets.  Whoever ran a team 30 years ago, whoever coached them, whichever players they had, have absolutely nothing to do with what goes on years later

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Giants had a 20 year run of the most embarrassing football from ownership down to their FO.  They had a 30 year run without a championship.  They literally had Rosell threaten to take the franchise away from them, forced them to hire George Young.  They had fans boycott their games.  Hired planes to fly over GS with banners ridiculing their team and HC. 

Your team went over 40 years without winning anything.  49'rs went about the same until they won.  

History means nothing, thats as ridiculous as it gets.  Whoever ran a team 30 years ago, whoever coached them, whichever players they had, have absolutely nothing to do with what goes on years later

The fact they make the playoffs every 2.7 years. Renders your 30 year wannabe example, meaningless.

They still went to championships in that span, even if losing them. And of course your Rozell  example is made up, staged drama.

Lol  at history means nothing. Thats why you're able to be fooled year after year. You don't learn from the past. Who's  my team? Lol at fans boycotting  games. Another story,  or not enough people to even matter. As usual, you're relying on media, instead of thinking for yourself.

The Giants win and win often. There's no explaining it away or making excuses  around it. And as I told you. They are obviously  the sun that the league revolves around. They are the reason the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots had so called dynasties. Hell, even putting Giants coach as a GM ,got Jags to conf championship. Who did the Pats lose to twice? Giants. It was an obedience ritual. 

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gaps? How long has a Jets gap been?

Basically  the entire  history  of the franchise except for the start. 50 years..

Giants have a top 2 team 20 times in 95 years. Thsts once every five years on average. They have never not been relevant in football history,  even taking the 70s off to give Pitt and Dallas and Rams some juice. Rams, 1 SB but won division  and made playoffs  numerous  times. Other than that, the Giants are constantly Nfl royalty. They can take a 15 year break from SB and it won't matter. They'l go to another in year 16 and still be one the winning estate franchises. They are second only to Packers, if at all.

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Whoa. The arrogant, smug tone is unnecessary since we are engaged in pure speculation. You want to believe that the past predicts the future in a business that has tremendous turnover and rules changes, ownership, management, etc.? So be it. You have a right to your opinion. As I have mine. Unless you are part of Giants management, then your opinion is worth no more than mine, including my assessment of the risk the Giants took in drafting Jones. Ironically, one could make the very same argument for your avatar -- billion dollar organization, scouts, and stuff picked Hackenberg. And the list of QB's picked in the first round who busted is long and painful. Drafting is in truth a crapshoot, with extremely few exceptions. The number of variables that can result in a  player underachieving or busting is substantial. Your Giants are currently headed the wrong way. And I don't need more than two nickels to rub to come to that conclusion. Entertainment, indeed.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree.  Except that RBs dont usually have a 8 year life span.  But like you said, even with a 8 year span when you factor in a 3 year developmental period for Jones, what do they have time wise together?  Would have made much more sense to start the developmental process.  Another factor is if youre really lucky and SBarkley is a top of the charts RB for 4 seasons then you'll have to dump a small fortune his way, right when you need to be finalizing your roster for a serious playoff push.

Ass backwards IMO

Gettleman put his chips on Eli last year and went win-now. It was a disaster. He's followed that up with a desperation move to draft a fourth round QB with the sixth pick in the draft. Meanwhile he shed a young superstar WR for peanuts, because the Giants organization couldn't successfully manage OBJ's temperament. Gettleman is an old man trying to resurrect an old paradigm and hope it fools somebody. It won't. He's an old GM in a hurry, and they're the worst kind.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Whoa. The arrogant, smug tone is unnecessary since we are engaged in pure speculation. You want to believe that the past predicts the future in a business that has tremendous turnover and rules changes, ownership, management, etc.? So be it. You have a right to your opinion. As I have mine. Unless you are part of Giants management, then your opinion is worth no more than mine, including my assessment of the risk the Giants took in drafting Jones. Ironically, one could make the very same argument for your avatar -- billion dollar organization, scouts, and stuff picked Hackenberg. And the list of QB's picked in the first round who busted is long and painful. Drafting is in truth a crapshoot, with extremely few exceptions. The number of variables that can result in a  player underachieving or busting is substantial. Your Giants are currently headed the wrong way. And I don't need more than two nickels to rub to come to that conclusion. Entertainment, indeed.

Oh, dear god. There was absolutely  no arrogant, smug tone to speak of. I simply stated facts and stats . I made absolutely  sure nothing personal  was said. You chose to read it, with a negative  emotion. 

Lol yep, all that turn over and rules changes and Giants keep winning. If the sport were real, outcomes would be a hell of alot more random and the Giants wouldn't average  playoffs every 2.7 years. Lol they aren't my Giants. They don't pay me. I'm a sports fan. Not a gang member , myopic , team fan. For the record, I do have a Jets jersey, but no Giants.

Wrong direction?  I already told you, they can miss a SB for another 15 years and they'll still be a top 2  franchise in football history. They'll undoubtedly make the playoffs at some point in the next 15 years regardless.  

On 6/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

You’re not even good at trolling.

53 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Oh, dear god. There was absolutely  no arrogant, smug tone to speak of. I simply stated facts and stats . I made absolutely  sure nothing personal  was said. You chose to read it, with a negative  emotion. 

Lol yep, all that turn over and rules changes and Giants keep winning. If the sport were real, outcomes would be a hell of alot more random and the Giants wouldn't average  playoffs every 2.7 years. Lol they aren't my Giants. They don't pay me. I'm a sports fan. Not a gang member , myopic , team fan. For the record, I do have a Jets jersey, but no Giants.

Wrong direction?  I already told you, they can miss a SB for another 15 years and they'll still be a top 2  franchise in football history. They'll undoubtedly make the playoffs at some point in the next 15 years regardless.  

I could give a rat's ass about where the Giants stand in history. What I do care about is what I will be watching on Jets game day in the next few years. Most Giants fans I know are worried about the franchise and the decision-making of late. But hey, I'll just remind them how great the Giants used to be. That should immediately quell their discontent, right? 

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

The fact they make the playoffs every 2.7 years. Renders your 30 year wannabe example, meaningless.

They still went to championships in that span, even if losing them. And of course your Rozell  example is made up, staged drama.

Lol  at history means nothing. Thats why you're able to be fooled year after year. You don't learn from the past. Who's  my team? Lol at fans boycotting  games. Another story,  or not enough people to even matter. As usual, you're relying on media, instead of thinking for yourself.

The Giants win and win often. There's no explaining it away or making excuses  around it. And as I told you. They are obviously  the sun that the league revolves around. They are the reason the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots had so called dynasties. Hell, even putting Giants coach as a GM ,got Jags to conf championship. Who did the Pats lose to twice? Giants. It was an obedience ritual. 

History means squat.  Your Giants were a discrace as bad or worse than any other team, ever.  You don't believe there were boycotts, good for you son.  It mattered to the point of being covered by every outlet.  

The Ginats went from the late 50s to 86 without winning.  Pick up a book, read up on your team and then do the same with the other examples I gave.  

WTF does a Ginats fan give a hot about the Jets?  

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Gaps? How long has a Jets gap been?

Basically  the entire  history  of the franchise except for the start. 50 years..

Giants have a top 2 team 20 times in 95 years. Thsts once every five years on average. They have never not been relevant in football history,  even taking the 70s off to give Pitt and Dallas and Rams some juice. Rams, 1 SB but won division  and made playoffs  numerous  times. Other than that, the Giants are constantly Nfl royalty. They can take a 15 year break from SB and it won't matter. They'l go to another in year 16 and still be one the winning estate franchises. They are second only to Packers, if at all.

The worst kind of troll. 

4 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

That might be one of the dumbest posts this board has ever seen. There is not one iota of sense in it at all.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That might be one of the dumbest posts this board has ever seen. There is not one iota of sense in it at all.

It’s either sarcasm or a truth.

If you call him out on the truth he will say it was sarcasm. 

If you say his sarcasm sucks, he’ll counter it was actually a truth.

He’s a boring troll.  

Just now, Peace Frog said:

It’s either sarcasm or a truth.

If you call him out on the truth he will say it was sarcasm. 

If you say his sarcasm sucks, he’ll counter it was actually a truth.

He’s a boring troll.  

You can have sarcasm and truth at the same time.  You need that explained to you, at your age?

Troll, . It's just your go to excuse  when you don't  agree with something. 

It's just a dumb abused, meaningless, internet slang. For childish people to throw around when things don't' go their way.  

On 6/20/2019 at 7:35 AM, dbatesman said:

Throw your phone in a lake

Just saw that @Mogglez liked this, so in the interest of fairness, I need to bring up this post

On 7/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, dbatesman said:

He built a 15-1 team that went to the Super Bowl. If you think this conversation needs to continue beyond that, you are in legitimate need of professional help.

and eat some major crow

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just saw that @Mogglez liked this, so in the interest of fairness, I need to bring up this post

and eat some major crow

Hahaha, I almost forgot about this!

It's ok, I've eaten enough crow myself to give you some tasty recipes lmfao.  Hackenberg alone was enough for Thanksgiving dinner for a family of 5.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

History means squat.  Your Giants were a discrace as bad or worse than any other team, ever.  You don't believe there were boycotts, good for you son.  It mattered to the point of being covered by every outlet.  

The Ginats went from the late 50s to 86 without winning.  Pick up a book, read up on your team and then do the same with the other examples I gave.  

WTF does a Ginats fan give a hot about the Jets?  

I told you they finished top 2 during that 30 year period, a few times. In the 50s and 60s ,they went to 6 championship games and won 1. That's not sucking for 30 years, by any stretch the imagination. Top 2 finish, 6 times, equals  a championship game every 5 years. 

Covered by every outlet?  It's called  propaganda.. Look..point blank..my last 3 posts covered  every base of sports history and Giants superiority. You lost before you even started. No, I have no team, the Giants  aren't  my team. They just happen to be a new York team in the mix of the discussion. If the Jets were the one with the 100 years wins supremacy,  they would be the example..but they arent. 

What's  a ginat? 

I'll give you this. Maybe, just maybe, because  a 100 year span has happened. They might finally let the Jets be a top 2 team within the next 10 years. But then Giants will cycle up again, as history as shown time and again. 

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’ve never understood the compulsion to act like a complete and utter fool in full view of absolute strangers on the internet. 

Weird.

Where's' the foolish part? I've shown an ability  for research and stat crunching, far superior  to any typical fan. I'm   not the one acting like a child and calling people names. I'm obviously  the least foolish here. The least  childish and the least ignorant. 

Giants fans are butt hurt. It’s going to be rough for those fans in the coming years. Decided to check out some of their blogs which I rarely do. But since a few seem to be popping here and there, I was wondering what the vibe was over there.

One of their blogs ran an article about who is better Giants or Jets. Lots of infighting. Some called the QB situation a draw. Others said Darnold by a landslide.  Others said Eli > Darnold. 

Maybe they wanted to get the Jets fans take on it. Not sure any Jets fan is taking the Giants roster moving forward over the Jets. It’s not even debatable in my mind mostly because of the QB situation. 

• Sympathy 1