Which of these NY Sports teams has the brightest future

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Covered by every outlet?  It's called  propaganda.. Look..point blank..my last 3 posts covered  every base of sports history and Giants superiority. You lost before you even started. No, I have no team, the Giants  aren't  my team. They just happen to be a new York team in the mix of the discussion. If the Jets were the one with the 100 years wins supremacy,  they would be the example..but they arent. 

Propaganda?   Lol, because it got the papers what, clicks?  

It was in their best interest because what?  

On 6/22/2019 at 5:16 PM, Hackenberg said:

Lol the Giants have in fact Gone as often as I said. It's obvious  the league gives them a seniority,  the Jets will never have. I'm not making stats say anything. They say exactly  what history  has shown. Like I said, they have gone to playoffs every 2.7 years. Thats throughout about a 100 years history.

The Jets have been around 50 years and got one SB. They didn't even go to another one to lose. 

since 1925 ,the Giants have been to 20 championships and won 8. Thats nearly one a decade ,minus two, for wins.. twice a decade in appearances . Not only that, they spawned the championships of the rest of the league in one way or another.. Landry, Lombardi, Belichick, the Tuna.

The only way New York stops winning is if half the population  leaves and they need to focus on raising revenue  in another city. The Giants and Yankees will always cycle up to the championship round, sooner then other teams. You aren't dumb. Just poor at research and comprehension

I'm sorry to say I give up!  You call yourself a "critical thinker", which is a term I respect, since it is my goal to think critically without bias.  However, you appear to me to be inflexible and rigid in trying to defend your opinion, relying too much on statistics, and not taking in anyone else's viewpoint with giving proper thought and analysis on why you might be incorrect in your thought process.

I feel that one of my greatest attributes is my ability to think about other opinions and points of view, and change my point of view and admit that I was wrong in my thinking.  It is something that I am very proud of.

7 minutes ago, Alka said:

I'm sorry to say I give up!  You call yourself a "critical thinker", which is a term I respect, since it is my goal to think critically without bias.  However, you appear to me to be inflexible and rigid in trying to defend your opinion, relying too much on statistics, and not taking in anyone else's viewpoint with giving proper thought and analysis on why you might be incorrect in your thought process.

I feel that one of my greatest attributes is my ability to think about other opinions and points of view, and change my point of view and admit that I was wrong in my thinking.  It is something that I am very proud of.

Don’t feed the troll. 

He fashions himself as being smarter than anyone else here, a philosophical savant. 

Bunch of dudes here more educated, more erudite, maybe having more graduate or post graduate degrees and are much smarter than this POS trolling faker. 

He’s an idiot savant without the savant part. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 4:34 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

Rangers.  And I HATE the Rangers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He fashions himself as being smarter than anyone else here, a philosophical savant. 

Bunch of dudes here more educated, more erudite, maybe having more graduate or post graduate degrees and are much smarter than this POS trolling faker. 

He’s an idiot savant without the savant part. 

I need to get a life.  I'm so bored with myself this is what I am reduced to.  lol

Thanks for your encouragement.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, nj meadowlands said:

NY/NJ team future power rankings

1. Yankees - could win a title this year and any of the next few years.
  2. Nets - playoff team this past year, and if they land any big fish, could contend to *win* the eastern conference.
  3. Islanders - playoff team, good GM and coach in place, budding star at center
  4. Rangers - a dumpster fire prior to sort of winning the lottery and pulling off the Trouba heist.  Adding Trouba, Kakko, and likely a FA will make them a borderline playoff team (unfortunately).
  5. Jets - borderline playoff team if all breaks right. It appears their franchise QB and a relatively competent front office :: knocks on all wood :: finally in place.
  6. Devils - all depends on whether Taylor Hall re-signs, which depends on whether they make any quality moves in the FA / trade market. If they do all that, they're a perennial playoff contender. If they don't, they have to burn it down again and start over with Hughes and Nico.
  7. Giants - Dave Gettleman is as much of a world class talent evaluator as SAR I is a one percenter.
  8. Mets - further proving the point that young hitting trumps young pitching. The Mets aren't awful (save for Callaway, who is awful), but they appear to be constantly treading water and nowhere close to a playoff spot.
  9. Knicks - the Knicks are in as good of shape as Kevin Durant's achilles, but probably won't rebound as well in 2020-21.

Post-weekend revision to this list: the Devils have taken huge steps toward re-signing Taylor Hall and could rise a few spots.  They drafted Jack Hughes, traded for PK Subban, and allegedly have more deals in the pipeline.

22 hours ago, Alka said:

Opinions don't matter. Only actuality and truth. Youre thinking with emotion. What exactly  is your problem with it? History has shown  that the Giants get all the juice and they are the root of  3 other teams dynasties. Opinions have nothing to do with it.

Someone trying to say they didn't  do anything for 30 years, when they in fact played in 6 championships in that time, proves I know exactly  what I'm talking about. 

I think I already said here..who knows? The Jets might get some juice over the next decade. But won' amount to 20 to 50 years of being better then the Giants. They'll get a one hit wonder, like Tampa Bay or something..and then pendulum  will swing right back to the Giants. As 100 years have shown it always does.

Just like the Lakers going to 15 finals in 30 years.. taking a 5 year break. Then boom, they magically  get best player ever of this recent decade. It's  a stone cold  guarantee that they be in finals next year.  LA, NY, highly populated, major media centers, equals more championship runs. The Jets just happen to be the Clippers, Chargers,Angels, in this scenario. The secondary tax write off, team.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, Hackenberg said:

The fact they make the playoffs every 2.7 years. Renders your 30 year wannabe example, meaningless.

They still went to championships in that span, even if losing them. And of course your Rozell  example is made up, staged drama.

Lol  at history means nothing. Thats why you're able to be fooled year after year. You don't learn from the past. Who's  my team? Lol at fans boycotting  games. Another story,  or not enough people to even matter. As usual, you're relying on media, instead of thinking for yourself.

The Giants win and win often. There's no explaining it away or making excuses  around it. And as I told you. They are obviously  the sun that the league revolves around. They are the reason the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots had so called dynasties. Hell, even putting Giants coach as a GM ,got Jags to conf championship. Who did the Pats lose to twice? Giants. It was an obedience ritual. 

This is completely ******* retarded. 

Just stop. 

Go back to bigblew.com

25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is completely ******* retarded. 

Just stop. 

Go back to bigblew.com

But its true regardless. It has nothing  to do with any teams favoritism.

Also notice I didn't  complain about you using the word "retarded" lol.

Some pc freaks would have a riot over that! 

On 6/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

With the Rangers adding Kakko and Trouba and the Devils adding Hughes and Subban, look for the Islanders to make a splash in free agency.

All 3 teams in the same division and all potential playoff contenders, the local rivalries in hockey are unparalleled.

Except the Islanders dont have any money to spend. 

On 6/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, Patriot Killa said:

No way man. You’re just being biased lmao. Kawhi just enrolled his daughter in school in Toronto. The Bucks will KILL the Nets and even though the 76ers choke they will still kill the Nets. The Celtics lose Kyrie(which is a plus) and they probably gain D-Lo...plus Jayson Tatum and Jaylon Brown aren’t slackers, they pushed Bron to a game 7 in the ECF as rookies.

I have no horse in this race. I’m a Portland Trail Blazer fan (RIPCITTYYYY) but I just don’t see the Nets doing better than 4th or 5th seed...at their best. They don’t have it yet. Crowder would be nice for them. They need a big man who can do a little of everything but I gotta see what happens with D-Lo first... and Butler is a locker room cancer.

Lol @OldTakesExposed

On 6/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, Patriot Killa said:

They’ll **** it up once they sign Kyrie Irving. They finally get a young stud PG in DLo and now they wanna **** it up by moving one to shooting guard. 

DLo is NOT a shooting guard. His style of play tells you that he’s better suited being a playmaker. That’s his game. Dishing the ball out and scoring when he gets the chance. Being 6’5 doesn’t mean throw him at 2 guard.

whatever the nets are goin to mess this up. 

Im going with the Jets right now.

if you say so no GIF by Identity

On 6/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

Rangers

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Jets, they have been in the dark the longest. Unless you like hoop, then Nets.

oh boy.  i am not a fan of the nets nor of their signings of durant and irving.  durant is coming back after an achilles and 4 years at that?  good luck. he won't be physically ready to play until year 2.  irving?  the guy is a bit of a cancer.  he may be a nice guy and talented as all get out but he isn't a leader.  he had guys like tatum and brown to feed to ball too and he just didn't get the job done.  good luck to the nets to even get above .500.

• Upvote 1

Things must be really rough on the Giants side. Not only are the trolls out in full force, but they are starting to post like men walking around with vaginas.

But but but .... it’s true just look at the last 100 years. Just look. Please. You’ll see it’s true.