GREENBEAN

Where are they now: Blair Thomas

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

2:18:40  The fumble.

Thanks!  I truly enjoy kicks to the nuts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peebag said:

still ?  :wacko:..

delusions_of_normalsy___no_3_by_del_usio

On 6/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Even Rodney Hampton would have been better in retrospect.  Reading the article and hearing about his frustrations with the RB by committee thing is telling though. We had this 2nd overall pick sharing carries with Jonny Hector.  We may have been better too just give Blair the load and let him try to get into a groove. 

Spot on. Never used correctly. Coslet embarrassing the rookie RB, by benching him on MNF after the fumble, Thomas was never the same.  Coslet ruined his career 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

So I take it you wouldn't want to see a 2002 clip of Chrebet fumbling against the Bears whilst trying to hurdle defenders? 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, bitonti said:

In that scenario maybe Emmitt Smith becomes Blair Thomas

and if Blair Thomas ends up on the Jimmy Johnson era Cowboys

et cetera 

Emmit was a very durable back. Thomas wasn't. 

Good for Thomas. You hear a lot of stories about players being down on their luck or having a rough go. Sounds like he has his head together and is doing good for himself and his school's students. And his statements ring true; in the northeast anyway while football is a fall sport and lax is a spring one, a lot of parents prefer their sons play lax. There was no lax when I was a tyke, now it's exploded around here. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, Peace Frog said:

2:18:40  The fumble.

Jesus!   I remember watching that damned game!  I think I said something like "Mr Reliable" just before the kick Leahy missed kick in OT. That was the last time I ever said anything like that during a game. And the last time I ever had confidence that the Jets would pull through.  It all ended that night. 

I just watched a lot of it again and was just as disappointed as I was then. I hoped for something different to happen this time, lol 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Jesus!   I remember watching that damned game!  I think I said something like "Mr Reliable" just before the kick Leahy missed kick in OT. That was the last time I ever said anything like that during a game. And the last time I ever had confidence that the Jets would pull through.  It all ended that night. 

I just watched a lot of it again and was just as disappointed as I was then. I hoped for something different to happen this time, lol 

Went to visit the Texas Book Depository in Dallas and I kept screaming “Turn Right!! Turn Right!!”

• Upvote 1

Went to visit the Texas Book Depository in Dallas and I kept screaming “Turn Right!! Turn Right!!”

Exactly. Sometimes the denial can be thick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Blair Thomas draft was the first NFL draft I really followed because the Jets were picking so high. I remember being excited about the Thomas pick because he destroyed the Senior Bowl that season and won MVP honors.