WowOhWow

MetLife Atmosphere

18 hours ago, ECURB said:

Yeah the old place just screams NY JETS football... Please stop. The old stadium was a worn out POS that looked like the JETS slapped a banner on and were a JV team. The new stadium is bland... Who cares... It is as loud as the JETS are winning.

NY-Jets-40-11x14-StadiumArtCom-2048px_Store__91083.1528950767.jpg

Nobody is saying anything good about the aesthetics of the old stadium.  Or the fact that the Jets were tenants and not co-owners like in the new stadiium.

However, it can't be denied that 1) The acoustics of the old stadium were better in terms of making things tough on the opponent and 2) The true fans were closer to the action.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ECURB said:

Don't back pedal for them.

The acoustics? Stop acting like you have side by side recordings and decibel meter readings. How many games have you been on the left hash during third down to hear the noise on the field. C'mon man.

True fans? You mean grumpy old men that would read the paper and yell down in front all game? Then leave after half time? Or do you mean the trashy drunks who were hoping for a peep show after the game?

I've been to countless games in both stadiums and sat all over.  You are wrong.  The old stadium was definitely louder.  And people tell me to sit down just as much in the new stadium.

• Upvote 3

Jets/Pats 2009 (last season in the old stadium) was the loudest NFL game I've ever been to.  That was the week Rex left a message for all season ticket holders to be loud.  We answered the bell and made a real difference.  One of the few times I can say with certainty the fans really affected the outcome of the game.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company