WowOhWow

MetLife Atmosphere

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The atmosphere will be improved but still not as good as the old stadium....just can't compete with the acoustics of the old stadium.  It was shaped like a bowl with the fans right on top of the players, and the upper deck still was decently close to the field.  Not the case in the new stadium.

Additionally having high end club seats mid field at field level instead of second tier like most stadiums kills the atmosphere. Leaves the section closest to the field half empty and dead quiet as all the bouggies sit inside the club.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You just described Gillette Stadium to a tee. 

How the Pats doing?

SAR I

Did I say the stadium was the reason for the on field performance? No, I did not.

In fact I am sure the opposite is true. If they are winning more of those club seat holders would be in their seats instead of the club, and more demand for tickets by local fans would keep out opponent fans.

As for Gillette, have never been and have no intention of going. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Us, in the club seats, look around the stadium and don’t understand what all the raucous is about. The match would be much more enjoyable if everyone were to just sit back and take in the scenery.

Match? It aint soccer bro.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's a whole pile of anti-MetLife mythology right there.  The geometry of MetLife is practically identical to Giants Stadium, the lower level and mezzanine are very comparable.  The upper deck has been elevated 30 feet to accommodate suites and increase capacity by about 8,000 seats, that's about it.

This is not the slightest bit true. I don't think you could have attended games at both stadiums and have made this statement. I have had season tickets in both stadiums and sat in all three levels of both. In addition to the extra levels of club seats raising the upper deck at least 30 feet, at Met life the 2nd and third levels are stepped back as opposed to being stacked over one another at Giants Stadium. The net effect being that the upper deck is MUCH further from the field then at Metlife. As much as I hated playing in "Giants" stadium, while it was a very bare bones stadium there was not a bad seat in that building.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company