WowOhWow

MetLife Atmosphere

A successful team, which we should be, will undoubtedly make the atmosphere better.

That being said, the stadium design will never give us the same acoustic advantage as the old stadium. Ive been going to games for a long time and the 2009 game vs the pats was the loudest Ive ever heard the stadium.  That simply can't happen again due to the logistics.

The reason seattle's stadium is so loud is that it was specifically designed to hold noise in - thats what you get when your owner is a genius.  Our stadium is modeled after a soccer stadium, where noise doesnt matter and actually was built in a way that lets crowd noise escape.  Thats what you get when Woody Johnson is the owner (ie NOT a genius).

Maybe we will have a new stadium in 10 years but for now it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ECURB said:

You are just wrong. The noise on the field (where it matters btw) is regularly in the 90-100db range. Same or better than most stadiums.

Before you waste time going to Google The Seahawks, yes they hit in the 130s one time for one blip of time.

130s causes hearing damage so I'm all set at 93db.

Where are you getting your decibel readings from?  Im curious what game were the Jets registering a 100db.

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

They pay for 1 measly game a year every 2 years.

They complain about the rest of us who pay for 10.

Someday, they'll come to the understanding that the culture change at the stadium starts with them, not us.  They're the ones whose voices are missing.  They're the ones who wouldn't be texting.  They're the ones who'd show up in their shiny new Jets jerseys.

SAR I

For anyone new to the site, who hasn't blocked SAR yet, just understand this guy has admittedly sold 2 or 3 games a year every season so I honestly have no idea what hes talking about.

The other great thing is that you referenced how the Jets and Giants are in the top % of overall league attendance - um, you think that could be because the NYC metro area has millions more people then Minnesota or Seattle?  You actually posted population numbers and then cite attendance as if its a reflection of the stadium or the team.

PSL GOLD!

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company