WowOhWow

MetLife Atmosphere

Please stop. You guys are using revisionists history.

Full of die hard fans? You mean almost empty and wearing paper bags over their faces??

The Texans game when Sanchez hit Holmes for a late TD... That atmosphere was insane! The butt fumble game... Yeah it sucked but that place was jamming and loud as can be in a fight for the division. If they won that game it goes down as a great night in history and the stadium was rocking.

It's all about winning. Stop kidding yourselves and blaming the seats.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

We have a new look (uniforms).  New coaches.  New front office.  New playmakers (Sam, Bell).  And I think it's safe to say we actually have a sense of optimism for the first time in a long time.

Will all of this translate into a new atmosphere at our stadium?

I understand we have to win, etc etc etc. and the atmosphere will come.

I'd love to see the NY Jet crazies come out and have something to cheer for.  We could be a living hell for opposing teams when we're legit and I'd love to get nutty again instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop...

That would be the final piece...

Yeah the old place just screams NY JETS football... Please stop. The old stadium was a worn out POS that looked like the JETS slapped a banner on and were a JV team. The new stadium is bland... Who cares... It is as loud as the JETS are winning.

NY-Jets-40-11x14-StadiumArtCom-2048px_Store__91083.1528950767.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Non-season-ticket holder‘s watching games on TV should get off the couch once or twice a season and buy up the 3,000 available tickets on Stubhub that PSL owners have graciously put up for sale for you to buy.

That’s what keeps enemy fans out.

SAR I

They would rather complain that it isn't green enough. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sheags.jpg

They romanticize the past instead of remembering how awful it was. A baseball diamond, a Montreal Expos banner, and a red/blue themed building called “Giants” were atrocious places that we didn’t own or feel at home in. 

SAR I

These grumpy fans would rather have a baseball field or a red and blue stadium than this?

Oh and before you say "west side stadium" keep your pipe dreams away.

8072670714_9159951f7f_b.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How dare they build a bigger better stadium in the same shape without the stupid staircases! Where will I get drunk and convince girls to flash me!

image-placeholder-title.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, BCJet said:

A successful team, which we should be, will undoubtedly make the atmosphere better.

That being said, the stadium design will never give us the same acoustic advantage as the old stadium. Ive been going to games for a long time and the 2009 game vs the pats was the loudest Ive ever heard the stadium.  That simply can't happen again due to the logistics.

The reason seattle's stadium is so loud is that it was specifically designed to hold noise in - thats what you get when your owner is a genius.  Our stadium is modeled after a soccer stadium, where noise doesnt matter and actually was built in a way that lets crowd noise escape.  Thats what you get when Woody Johnson is the owner (ie NOT a genius).

Maybe we will have a new stadium in 10 years but for now it is what it is.

You are just wrong. The noise on the field (where it matters btw) is regularly in the 90-100db range. Same or better than most stadiums.

Before you waste time going to Google The Seahawks, yes they hit in the 130s one time for one blip of time.

130s causes hearing damage so I'm all set at 93db.

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Nobody is saying anything good about the aesthetics of the old stadium.  Or the fact that the Jets were tenants and not co-owners like in the new stadiium.

However, it can't be denied that 1) The acoustics of the old stadium were better in terms of making things tough on the opponent and 2) The true fans were closer to the action.

Don't back pedal for them.

The acoustics? Stop acting like you have side by side recordings and decibel meter readings. How many games have you been on the left hash during third down to hear the noise on the field. C'mon man.

True fans? You mean grumpy old men that would read the paper and yell down in front all game? Then leave after half time? Or do you mean the trashy drunks who were hoping for a peep show after the game?

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, BCJet said:

Where are you getting your decibel readings from?  Im curious what game were the Jets registering a 100db.

They show it on the screen during the games.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company