WowOhWow

MetLife Atmosphere

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So there is an effort underway by the team to help this cause. Heard about it this week, but the team is going out of their way to try and stop groups from coming in. There is nothing they can do on a seat by seat basis. But I was glad to hear they are stopping large groups.

Thats great news!  Ticket brokers buy the seats in groups for this purposes. I miss the days of the stadium being 95% full of diehard NY Jets fans. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Last year’s gf bought us tickets to a Jets game and I had to feign excitement over this tone-deaf development while at the same time dying on the inside because I knew she paid retail instead of the $8 per you can find them for on StubHub. Anyway, we get to the game and we’re sitting four rows back on the visitor’s sideline and it’s cold and we’re in one of the 250 TV timeouts where the players just mill about on the field and chitchat with each other about golf or strippers or whatever, and then they squeeze in a few plays before a challenge flag flies and there’s another stoppage. At the eight minute mark of the second quarter, the gf asks me where “all the people went,” referring to the club seats on the other side of the field and I had to explain to her that those seats weren’t occupied by actual fans, but were instead owned by Citibank and the like, and those fine folks only show up to the stadium to entertain lower-tier clients for an hour and then flee for the exits once their sales pitches were over. At halftime, I figured I should show her the stadium, so we walked through the concourse and had to do that weird sh*t where you kept having to take escalators down and up for some reason. She said it was “very gray.” We found beer and ate very cold, wet pretzels until the second half started and the stadium had mostly cleared out except for opposing fans who were incredulous that the lower bowl was so quiet you could actually hear the click-click-click of people texting each other. When the game mercifully ended, we all marched to the parking lot with those opposing fans trying to talk sh*t to people in Santonio Holmes jerseys who just kinda shrugged as if to say, “yes, I’m aware we suck.” And then there was the traffic and the tolls and trying to get the stale pretzel taste out of our mouths. 

So who won the game. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Took a German au pair and it was frigid and I paid 5 bucks each for seats in the first few rows of Mezz A.

Did you buy them on StubHub?  

Investment Gold 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

I was at that game two years ago. I believe it was a very low scoring game and the Powell broke a long run to the house? Anyways, I remember taking my brother and his two kids. I payed $6 per ticket. 

Chump change. 

On 6/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, jetscrazey said:

I've been to countless games in both stadiums and sat all over.  You are wrong.  The old stadium was definitely louder.  And people tell me to sit down just as much in the new stadium.

Agree more loyal diehard NY Jets fans were in the seats every week regardless of the weather,opponent,game time unlike now. 

The old stadium was louder. 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fixed.

Internet has changed it all.  In the old days you wanted to dump out tickets for whatever reason you sold them to someone you knew or someone who knows someone you know.  Key is someone local.  Better chance of the tix going to a Jet fan than if someone can by them online through a service and the tix sent to you in an email

Fans that had season tickets back then would never think of selling to opposing teams fans. As they knew the people sitting next to them week after week, season after season unlike now. Game time, weather,opponent NY Jets win-loss record never dictated my attendance. 

• Thumb Down 1

Pre-PSL fans earned season tickets by waiting on a waiting list like I did every year nothing was gifted or handed down to me, that little post card came with your # in line. MONEY didn't buy them a ticket into the game like it did with PSL's

Some people think MONEY is the answer to everything and because they have it they are ENTITLED to stuff like in this case PSL and season tickets. 

The best fans were in that stadium week after week pre-PSL and many are gone now. 

Less fans pre-PSL sold game tickets because there was no internet or brokers who bought blocks of tickets like they do now selling off to opposing teams fans with travel packages. 

Pre-PSL you wanted to sell tickets you had to sell to people you knew. 

There are more season ticket holders and brokers now selling tickets than there ever was. 

Some of us were bumped back in our seats because of seniority and that was fine those people deserved the choice seats but bumping season ticket holders back to a section where the seats were way more MONEY and then offering us UD seats as a replacement I tried it 1 year in the new stadium and the UD is way further up and further away from the action in MetLife. 

Im not jealous of anyone who has season tickets I hope they enjoy them week after week and see success and winning, but those who do who tell us we don't deserve them can go to hell. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

For anyone new to the site, who hasn't blocked SAR yet, just understand this guy has admittedly sold 2 or 3 games a year every season so I honestly have no idea what hes talking about.

The other great thing is that you referenced how the Jets and Giants are in the top % of overall league attendance - um, you think that could be because the NYC metro area has millions more people then Minnesota or Seattle?  You actually posted population numbers and then cite attendance as if its a reflection of the stadium or the team.

PSL GOLD!

He sells way more than 2 or 3 games a year fair weather fan literally always an excuse. 

Only owns season tickets to be able to brag about them. 

SELLOUT

If it weren't others quoting his posts I wouldn't see them. 

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I.

• Confused 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company