MetLife Atmosphere

3 hours ago, 20andOut said:

This is not the slightest bit true. I don't think you could have attended games at both stadiums and have made this statement. I have had season tickets in both stadiums and sat in all three levels of both. In addition to the extra levels of club seats raising the upper deck at least 30 feet, at Met life the 2nd and third levels are stepped back as opposed to being stacked over one another at Giants Stadium. The net effect being that the upper deck is MUCH further from the field then at Metlife. As much as I hated playing in "Giants" stadium, while it was a very bare bones stadium there was not a bad seat in that building.

Upper deckers get what they pay for and if they are pushed up and back that's too bad.  There are 55,500 much better seats in the mezzanine and lower levels, they just need to spend the extra few dollars.

Look at the photo I posted earlier, as someone who has lived in the mezzanine for the last 20 seasons the pushback isn't that much, we're talking about a few feet at most.  And there are more seats in the lower level.  And there are 8,000 more fans in the building overall.  The end result is that even though the upper deck is a little further back you have more Jets fans closer to the field than you had in Giants Stadium. 

And take a look at the smaller, open-ended stadiums in the league like New England and Pittsburgh and MetLife is definitely louder than those.  And take into account that we are in New York, a huge tourist destination, and we're destined to have a lot of enmy fans in our building.  But trust me, when the day comes that a huge defensive stand needs to happen at home to propel the Jets into the playoffs or beyond, the place will be as noisy as Seattle or MSG.  It was that way in 2015, it will be that way again. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Eh.

Went to Giants Stadium a bunch of times as a youngen, be it Jets, Giants, Jets AND Giants, or WLAF (Yup). Went to MetLife a few times in the first 2 years and also had season tickets for the first and only time in 2012. Sorry, kid was born in '13. 

All that said, and maybe it's nostalgia from my youth, but MetLife is a freaking warehouse, period. Gray is an excellent way to describe it. 

Not to mention $12 beers and jacked up food prices (probably more now), potentially sh*tty weather any time of the season inside October, tolls, parking, girlfriend or wife can't bring her bag in with her in the name of 'safety' (Bullsh*t), but it's all so they don't miss out on a $6 box of M&M's, I could go on. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully season ticket holders STOP selling tickets to opposing teams fans and we get more NY Jets fans in the seats like it used to be pre-INTERNET.

Fixed.

Internet has changed it all.  In the old days you wanted to dump out tickets for whatever reason you sold them to someone you knew or someone who knows someone you know.  Key is someone local.  Better chance of the tix going to a Jet fan than if someone can bye them online through a service and the tix sent to you in an email

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, BCJet said:

Where are you getting your decibel readings from?  Im curious what game were the Jets registering a 100db.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, ECURB said:

They show it on the screen during the games.

Ah well that settles it.  Those readings MUST be accurate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fixed.

Internet has changed it all.  In the old days you wanted to dump out tickets for whatever reason you sold them to someone you knew or someone who knows someone you know.  Key is someone local.  Better chance of the tix going to a Jet fan than if someone can by them online through a service and the tix sent to you in an email

Fans that had season tickets back then would never think of selling to opposing teams fans. As they knew the people sitting next to them week after week, season after season unlike now. Game time, weather,opponent NY Jets win-loss record never dictated my attendance. 

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fixed.

Internet has changed it all.  In the old days you wanted to dump out tickets for whatever reason you sold them to someone you knew or someone who knows someone you know.  Key is someone local.  Better chance of the tix going to a Jet fan than if someone can by them online through a service and the tix sent to you in an email

726,000 = Minneapolis/St. Paul Twin Cities Population

19,980,000 = NYC Metro Area Population

Internet or not, NY area sports fans outnumber Twin Cities area sports fans 27-to-1.  And when for the average Jets game there are only 8,000 seats available on Stubhub with ticket prices below face value in the range of a staggering 30% to 80% off, there is no excuse whatsoever for non-season ticket holding Jets fans not to scoop them up.

The issue isn't season ticket holders who can't physically attend 10 games a year.  The issue is non-season ticket holders too cheap to attend 1 game a year. 

In the case of the Vikings game, it's dumbfounding.  Darnold.  Two straight wins against Denver and Indy.  Marvel bobblehead giveaway.  1pm.  Good weather.  Tickets at flea-market prices.  And the place had its typical 10% to 15% of enemy fans. Unacceptable.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fans that had season tickets back then would never think of selling to opposing teams fans. As they knew the people sitting next to them week after week, season after season unlike now. Game time, weather,opponent NY Jets win-loss record never dictated my attendance. 

Cant agree.  There wasnt the same opportunity to see tix to a fan of the visiting team.  How many Bills fans live in NYC, how many Cots fans, who many Oiler fans, Jag fans? 

Ignore the fact that easiest way to sell tix, to reach as many buyers as possible is on the internet.  I've done it a handful of times, the few games I actually have missed because its as easy as it gets, you dont have to talk to anyone or negotiate a price.  Truth is I have no idea who bought them.  Unlike the couple a games tix I sold before the net

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Cant agree.  There wasnt the same opportunity to see tix to a fan of the visiting team.  How many Bills fans live in NYC, how many Cots fans, who many Oiler fans, Jag fans? 

Ignore the fact that easiest way to sell tix, to reach as many buyers as possible is on the internet.  I've done it a handful of times, the few games I actually have missed because its as easy as it gets, you dont have to talk to anyone or negotiate a price.  Truth is I have no idea who bought them.  Unlike the couple a games tix I sold before the net

Back in the pre-internet era, the people sitting next to me at Giants Stadium games wearing Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Steelers, or 49ers colors told me time and time again "I live on Long Island and I got these tickets from my neighbor".

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Back in the pre-internet era, the people sitting next to me at Giants Stadium games wearing Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Steelers, or 49ers colors told me time and time again "I live on Long Island and I got these tickets from my neighbor".

SAR I

Back in the pre internet days the couple of games I missed I usually usually sold or better yet game the Tix to a Jets fan I knew.

Today if I don't know anyone who wants to go the Internet iis just too easy.  

Also need to understand when they opened MTS & added PSLs, like it or not, lots of fans on fixed incomes or on principle didn't sign up.  May have been an opportunity for people who didn't want to wait on a lengthy waiting list like in the past but also allowed casual fans and non Jets fans to buy tix.  They don't give a damn who buys the tix. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Back in the pre internet days the couple of games I missed if I usually sold or better yet game the Tix to a Jets fan I knew.

Today if I didn't know anyone who wanted to go the Internet it too easy.  

Also need to understand when they opened MTS & added PSLs, like it or not, lots of fans on fixed incomes or on principle didn't sign up.  May have been an opportunity for people who didn't want to wait on a lengthy waiting list like in the past but also allowed casual fans and non Jets fans to buy tix.  They don't give a damn who buys the tix. 

There is a particular breed of entitled Giants Stadium fans who were incredibly selfish then and are incredibly selfish now.  Most of the whining in threads like this one are from them.

Back when they had season tickets, life was great because they had the best seats in the house and they were not only free, they were a profit center!  They inherited these seats from their fathers, they sold half the tickets to brokers for 2x or 5x face value, and essentially got paid to attend 4 Jets games a year.  I know several fans like this from my days as a season ticket holder at GS, one  used to brag how he bought a car with the money the brokers were paying him, another was using it as tuition for his kids college.  And the brokers sold those tickets to, you guessed it, enemy fans.

Today, those same Giants Stadium opportunists with all the good seats refused to reciprocate decades of being paid to attend Jets games with (wait for it) actually spending money.  So they said no to the PSL's, but took a flyer on upper deck seats.  But when it was clear that the playoff runs were over, and with no PSLs to tie them down, off they went, disappearing to their basements and their TV's.  27,000 missing voices. 

And now they have the audacity to blame the existing season ticket holders for some lack of enthusiasm or some allowance of enemy colors in the stadium.  The truth?  They're mad that they aren't being paid by ticket brokers anymore and the gravy train has ended.  Watch them scurry like rats to buy season tickets again the first time Gase and Darnold make the playoffs.  Watch the Jets announce "10,000 upper deck subscriptions sold in a week" this February or next.

Me, and the other 18,000 people on the 1980's and 1990's waiting list?  We're happy as a clam because after decades of being blocked by selfish profiteers we got the good seats now and after 8 years of pain the Jets are about to turn it around.  It's awesome.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Pre-PSL fans earned season tickets by waiting on a waiting list like I did every year nothing was gifted or handed down to me, that little post card came with your # in line. MONEY didn't buy them a ticket into the game like it did with PSL's

Some people think MONEY is the answer to everything and because they have it they are ENTITLED to stuff like in this case PSL and season tickets. 

The best fans were in that stadium week after week pre-PSL and many are gone now. 

Less fans pre-PSL sold game tickets because there was no internet or brokers who bought blocks of tickets like they do now selling off to opposing teams fans with travel packages. 

Pre-PSL you wanted to sell tickets you had to sell to people you knew. 

There are more season ticket holders and brokers now selling tickets than there ever was. 

Some of us were bumped back in our seats because of seniority and that was fine those people deserved the choice seats but bumping season ticket holders back to a section where the seats were way more MONEY and then offering us UD seats as a replacement I tried it 1 year in the new stadium and the UD is way further up and further away from the action in MetLife. 

Im not jealous of anyone who has season tickets I hope they enjoy them week after week and see success and winning, but those who do who tell us we don't deserve them can go to hell. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

They pay for 1 measly game a year every 2 years.

They complain about the rest of us who pay for 10.

Someday, they'll come to the understanding that the culture change at the stadium starts with them, not us.  They're the ones whose voices are missing.  They're the ones who wouldn't be texting.  They're the ones who'd show up in their shiny new Jets jerseys.

SAR I

For anyone new to the site, who hasn't blocked SAR yet, just understand this guy has admittedly sold 2 or 3 games a year every season so I honestly have no idea what hes talking about.

The other great thing is that you referenced how the Jets and Giants are in the top % of overall league attendance - um, you think that could be because the NYC metro area has millions more people then Minnesota or Seattle?  You actually posted population numbers and then cite attendance as if its a reflection of the stadium or the team.

PSL GOLD!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

For anyone new to the site, who hasn't blocked SAR yet, just understand this guy has admittedly sold 2 or 3 games a year every season so I honestly have no idea what hes talking about.

The other great thing is that you referenced how the Jets and Giants are in the top % of overall league attendance - um, you think that could be because the NYC metro area has millions more people then Minnesota or Seattle?  You actually posted population numbers and then cite attendance as if its a reflection of the stadium or the team.

PSL GOLD!

All PSL owners, can't physically attend 10 games a year, sometimes we travel for business and sometimes we have a family obligations.  So we put our tickets up for sale on Stubhub below face value for Jets fans on tight budgets to enjoy.  Not sure why you view that as a problem.  We pay, in full, face value, for 10 games a year.  For games we can't attend, we can make a few dollars back and help a fellow Jets fan get into a good seat at a discount.  That's all good.

We have millions more fans so we built a stadium that could hold 20,000 more of them than Seattle or Pittsburgh ever could.  That's why it is as big as it is.  That's why it has completely enclosed endzones and lacks some so-called 'charm' like Gillette's food court apparently does.  Somehow a tiny stadium in a blah town like Seattle is worthy of emulating?  LOL, no.

The takeaway you should have is that despite being a pathetic, last-place franchise for the past 3 seasons, and despite having a stadium that (theoretically) fans don't think is special, the Jets are still #1 in the AFC in attendance.  It means the Johnson's got it right.  It means that loyal Jets fans buy tickets and loyal Jets fans attend games.  The ones that don't?  No excuse for them at all.  No excuse to not spend $30 to see a Jets game at 1pm on a nice Sunday.  Fans like that don't deserve tickets at all, and when they try scurrying back into the fold when the Jets start making playoff runs, good luck with that, and remember to say thank you to the table scraps PSL owners throw on the floor for you.

PSL's are gold.  PSL's got rid of the profiteers selling off tickets to brokers and ticket agencies advertising in the back of the NY Post and NY Daily News every day for 30 years.  PSL's got the waitlisters into the seats they deserved.  It was never about the money to us.  It was about getting our hands on the good seats, finally.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

PSL GOLD!

He sells way more than 2 or 3 games a year fair weather fan literally always an excuse. 

Only owns season tickets to be able to brag about them. 

SELLOUT

If it weren't others quoting his posts I wouldn't see them. 

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I.

• WTF? 1

SARs heart is in the right place, but he just can't help sounding like an epic douchebag when he tries to make points. It's a deep seated inferiority complex of some sort. Whatever. Who gives a ****. If the team is GOOD for a change, who cares about the building?

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

SARs heart is in the right place, but he just can't help sounding like an epic douchebag when he tries to make points. It's a deep seated inferiority complex of some sort. Whatever. Who gives a ****. If the team is GOOD for a change, who cares about the building?

Probably Not ok to  label someone a douchebag even if your hearts in the right place. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He sells way more than 2 or 3 games a year fair weather fan literally always an excuse. 

Only owns season tickets to be able to brag about them. 

SELLOUT

If it weren't others quoting his posts I wouldn't see them. 

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I.

OMG go take a nap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Probably Not ok to  label someone a douchebag even if your hearts in the right place. 

"Oh, how droll, lovey! The plebeian riff-raff have the audacity to try to co-mingle with their social betters within the confines of our social-sporting establishment! Can't these unwashed serfs get back to doing some manual labor and viewing these proceedings from the shelter of their stinking hovels and keep their pedestrian cheers and excitement elsewhere? Harrumph!! Harrumph!"

How else would you describe that guys schtick? I think I was quite accurate. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think it's a superiority complex, actually.

Agreed on the building.  All seating bowls are the same.  All that matters are how many Jets fans are in them.  And we are #2 in the entire NFL which is pretty damned amazing considering we haven't sniffed the playoffs in almost a decade.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but to PSL owners, most of whom were on the waiting list for 18+ years, it was not about the money.  It was about getting seats in our name after waiting an eternity.  Period.  For some bizarre reason, they care about how others spend their money, they've been waiting a decade for one of us to say "man, PSL's were a waste, I was ripped off" and none of us do.  Because none of us feel that way.  Even today, less than 3% of all PSL's sold in 2008 are up for sale on the popular resale sites.  Why?  Because it was never about the money.  It was about access.

The people who make it all about the money, the ones with the shtick, are those who don't attend games.  They use the "big bad PSL" as an excuse not to go to MetLife "because its too expensive" as if we all don't use Stubhub and know that tickets are cheaper than a case of beer.  They're full of sh-t and they know it.  I'll be thinking of them as I sit in my Mezz A palace, watching the confetti fly and the AFC Championship trophy hoisted.

SAR I

On 6/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Thats great news!  Ticket brokers buy the seats in groups for this purposes. I miss the days of the stadium being 95% full of diehard NY Jets fans. 

If you build it they will come! (See 2009 old, and 2010 places packed with green and white.

Jets sucked since, 8 years of losing fair weather fans to a team who won a SB, had one of the most exciting WR in all of football even when not winning, and now a dynamic offensive weapon (that’s the name of his position not RB) we haven’t seen in some time, we have seen guys do most great some good some excellent, this guy Barkley does everything excellent on, AND off the field, and is a great kid though he is stuck playing for the Giants which will keep the Giants very exciting to the young kids for the uppty Giant fan PSL holders he is raising, you know the guy who hated seeing his kid wear that such and such sum blah blah weird blonde haired soccer looking lunatic, and couldn’t wait to see him shipped out of town so Barkley keeps the “Classy” Giants fans, AND their young children wearing a jersey of who they perceive as a good guy as do I, well anyway the kids want to see Barkley regardless of record, father digs the kid wanting to watch a good dude like Barkley, and buy him one of his jerseys maybe 2 home and away while renewing his tickets without a peep while only winning 5-7 games a year while in QB purgatory like the Jets were from 2012-2017, some night say since 2008, others 2003, others 1998, others 1965ish which ever year Namath was drafted.

Jets will be winning with a franchise QB who can win any game at the end just give him a chance for the better part of 15 years IMO with Darnold, the Giants fans will grumble some while Barkley keeps the future world leaders happy, but no true rebellion till Barkley is ineffective for whatever reason, if he is a fairly healthy guy consistently he is going into the HOF like Barry Sanders, and Tomlinson before him HOF player just on losing teams.

Just wait 2020 season you will hear a quick highlight on Barkley in the Giants 33-17 lose, then now to the Jets!  Another big win this one on the road in Foxboro giving the Jets essentially with a 1.5 game lead with 4 games to play week 17 home vs Patriots!  Giants who?  J E T S Jets Jets Jets!  

P.S.

This will come with tons of annoying local Ford/Nissan/Toyota awkward Darnold commercials, but that just means they are winning so I probably won’t even notice how bad they are like Eli, and Sanchez.

• Upvote 1

I don't live in the NYC area anymore. But doesn't everyone up there, all yous included, know fans of all kinds of different teams? I sure did when I was there. There ARE fans of other teams there. Quoting the 19 million population number wouldn't there HAVE to be? And some teams really DO have some good fanbases.

And yes, tickets are put up on StubHub. A Jets fan might go on really close to game day to see what's available. Meanwhile, an opposing fan living in the area was on top of that the minute they heard their team was coming to town that season. In other words, they ARE selling to locals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

If the team wins it will be a great atmosphere, if we continue the Bowles era results it will continue to be a terrible atmosphere.

This

I can’t answer this question until I’m sitting in my seats mid 2nd quarter vs the Colts in the 2002 playoffs game after another score to go up like 30-0, or whatever place was rocking, amazing atmosphere.

After Sam Darnold becomes the first QB to host, AND first QB to win while hosting in a dominant impressive performance at MetLife Stadium I can’t truly give an honest answer nothing sports related surprises me much anymore who knows the whole $95 no PSL Mezz end zone sections are now 19-27 year old knuckle heads who couldn’t get the scratch for PSL’s wouldn’t buy up stairs but always went to like 2-4 games off stub hub depending on if the team was any good.  They all of a sudden send down some new noise, Firemen Ed sits in one of these sections (Ed got rowdy for a little bit with the Darnold week 1 performance like I haven’t seen since 2011ish, those sections were full loud all game that’s what got Ed’s juices going that day those were unplanned chants he was starting like the old days cutting in on the new guys), then that trickles down to the lower end zone hopefully then as the team keeps winning more and more including playoff wins, or more.... even the upper deck situated further away from the field then they are from Goodyear blimp for some ungodly reason actually pack that whole upper bowl, and the rest of the stadium with major Jets fan majority instead of opposing teams fans are filled in as well and all 3 bowls are now watching the Jets defense hold a 6 point lead that Darnold just got the Jets in a playoff game trying to stop Patrick Mahomes who in typical Mahomes fashion has pushed the ball all the wayup to the Jets 7 yard line with :13 seconds left 4th and goal.

When that blissful day comes as Polite gets an excellent jump off the snap coming in clean around the edge because the Tackle didn’t hear the line audible because 82,000 big majority Jets fans are all trying to out cheer the other sections/bowls/tiers (possibly causing a decent enough advantage to the D) to just hit Mahomes as he is throwing way earlier then he wants because Polite got there so fast Mahomes had no option, but to chuck, and duck.  Polite gets there late, but early enough to disrupt throw while pressuring Mahomes which gets gobbled up by Jamaal Adams who starts running as he is tucking away and then bobbles 4 times as the ball hits the floor, but it’s HILARIOUS because game over Jets win MetLife Stadium atmosphere?  TBD till an event of this magnitude IMO.

CAN’T WAIT!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Oh, how droll, lovey! The plebeian riff-raff have the audacity to try to co-mingle with their social betters within the confines of our social-sporting establishment! Can't this unwashed serfs get back to doing some manual labor and viewing these proceedings from the shelter of their stinking hovels and keep their pedestrian cheers and excitement elsewhere? Harrumph!! Harrumph!"

His schtick hasn’t changed in 15 years. Everyone knows what it is so no need to describe it. Just ignore it.,

• Upvote 1

if a guy was rich and he wanted his tickets to go to a local jet fan he could easily go to any boys and girls club , YMCA or local school and find a fan to give them away-when he puts them on stub hub to make a few bucks he knows odds are they are not going to  a jet fan but an out of town fan

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 1:48 AM, SAR I said:

Stop with the Ed stuff.  Ed never made a difference in getting the crowd up.  He did his stupid chant after we scored.  It was a celebration of a TD while in a TV timeout, it didn't pump anyone up.

What got the crowd pumped up was consistent strong play on the field.  Which really only happened for half of Pennington's seasons and a few of Sanchez' seasons.  Outside of that, it's been a bad product on the field and thus bad crowd participation.

What "died" wasn't Ed leaving.  That Thanksgiving game was truly the nail in the coffin for the '09 and '10 teams and from that point forward all the Giants Stadium fans who didn't pay for PSL's and ran to the upper deck gave up their season tickets.  Because they could.  And that's fine.  But they should keep their mouths shut until they start paying up and showing up again.  Which they will when we start winning again.  Fairweather fans are like that.

SAR I

YOU

?

SELL

?

YOUR

?

TICKETS

?

TO

?

OPPOSING

?

FANS

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

YOU SELL YOUR TICKETS TO OPPOSING FANS

Internet sales are anonymous.  Nobody knows who is buying their tickets.  The old days are gone.  Get over it.  When anyone sells tickets on Stub Hub or the other internet ticket sites, you do not get to chose your buyer.  You are living in the past if you think pointing your finger at a season ticket holder for selling tickets on stub hub or ticket master is some kind of "wrong" thing for a Jets fan to do.  You and a few others just love this incredibly false narrative.  

Complete nonsense.  I wish people would stop this incessant bullsh*t that they have been whining about for the last 10 years.   If people are tired of seeing so many opposing fans, especially the loud complainers here who are NOT season ticket holders (and being a former season ticket holder doesn't excuse anyone), then buy some tickets and fill those seats.  

Otherwise they should STFU and get off their slippery soap box.

• Thumb Down 1