Sign in to follow this  
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Where are they now , Lance Mehl ?

Always liked Lance. I thought he was a steady lead by example type of guy. I'm glad to see he contributed to society and wish him well.

image.png.23f0c2bae6b0edc2aafeb11468cbe5f5.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

interesting.

2 INTS late v LA Raiders. Thnaks for your service to the NYJ and society.

Always loved him as a player. Honestly feel that he  was the best all around LB we have ever had. When he tore up his knee vs New Orleans in 1986 that was the killer.

• Upvote 1

Dude would have never had to work a post NFL job if he was in the league now.

Think about that, could you imagine a pro-bowl NFL player taking on a regular 9-5 job for 20 years after retirement now?

One of the most underrated Jets of all time.  Overshadowed by many of the 1980s big name NFL LBs, but definitely a quality player.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

One of the most underrated Jets of all time.  Overshadowed by many of the 1980s big name NFL LBs, but definitely a quality player.  

Indeed. Steady Eddie type of player. Hard worker and passionate player who got the job done. Always one of my favorite Jets. 

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Dude would have never had to work a post NFL job if he was in the league now.

Think about that, could you imagine a pro-bowl NFL player taking on a regular 9-5 job for 20 years after retirement now?

A lot of these guys continue to work.  Need a purpose in life, and health insurance.  

Kevin Mawae is on Herm Edwards’ staff.  McCown is in broadcasting.  It is great that Lance Mehl was able to give back to society and his community.

I think of those great players in the 80s like Wesley walker, one of my all time favorites, also works a regular job because he made nothing compared to what they make today, and he suffered the same bruises and physical abuse to his body as they do today, probably moreso. I remember somebody posted an article here how he is in pain these days from his playing days. It was a tough read.