kelly

a supreme court decision serves as a victory for the redskins’.. ~ ~ ~

Whether they change it or not, I refuse to call Washington that name.

Knowing the history of that word, it would be very disrespectful to do so

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

So I assume you would be against many Rap lyrics?? 

Certain words, yes. And I try my best not to use those words as much (I know which word you're referring to btw, nice try)

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Really wasn't a try.  Very accurate that it's hard to take this serious if you can't drive down the street with out hearing the "ethnic slur" being screamed from every other open car window.

Or you can't watch a highlight reel on a player with out hearing it screamed at you.    LOL

Context is king

• Upvote 2

Funny thing is alot of the people who were ok with (or at the very least indifferent towards) the Redskins name were also up in arms over this...

636688036433336056-IMG-8919.jpg?width=53

he7alvr1broplxlecguo.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I see racism in a different way..If the color of one's skin keeps someone from having a better life,job or being able do do what everyone one else does obviously that's wrong.. But words themselves to me is meaningless. BTW Caucasians shouldn't be the only group on earth that are being blamed for being racist.. Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you?? People constantly try to use a food group or a article of clothing to mean something it shouldn't IMO..

Maybe to you words are meaningless, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. I mean words at their very core have to have meaning behind them, or else it would be gibberish.

That mentality of "it's just words" is what gets people in trouble, because people think they can just say whatever the hell they want with no type of repercussions. Then get mad when something happens to them.

People saying "society these days is too PC/sensitive!" really mean "Why can't I say whatever I want without consequence!"

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

People should be able to say what ever they want. The fact is govt has no business  in my speach/words.

Nobody's saying you can't say whatever you want.

You have the right to say whatever you want, just as the person you're talking to has the right to react however he wants.

As long as you understand that; go right ahead

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

So freedom of speech is not your cup of tea?? Okay then..B)

No, freedom of speech is my cup of tea. You're  free to say whatever you want to. Somebody else is also free to curse you out or slap you upside your head for what you said.

Freedom of speech =/= Freedom from consequences

Seems like the latter is not your cup of tea 😉😁

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company