kelly

a supreme court decision serves as a victory for the redskins’.. ~ ~ ~

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

9/10 Native Americans surveyed are not offended by the term "redskins." If they're not offended, then I don't see any reason why I should be...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html?utm_term=.76a09bc46b61

I’ve also read articles discrediting that poll, so yeah. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

We should never try to erase history be it statues,books,films or names. Some people now think concentration camps exist on our southern border but not in Europe 80 years ago.. 

"Some people," are idiots and think all sorts of incorrect things. 

Some statues are fake history, put up at a time to intimidate. They can come down. People can choose to rename a town or road or building and should feel free to do so. If you're showing, Birth of a Nation, I'd prefer it be in the context of, "oh, look how racist this piece of early 20th century propaganda is." Some other people think that's the way things should still be today. We should learn lessons from history and teach those lessons and evolve as a result of our education. Some things that were okay 50-100 years ago are seen as wrong now, and that's a good thing, IMHO. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Which is why you don't erase things you learn from history, as far as the Redskins name goes if it doesn't bother Indians it shouldn't bother you.. I grew up in a era where sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.. Hell if you took bad words out of Rap would it still exist?? But I guess if one doesn't want to ever hear disagreement one can always find a safe space on a college campus and pet a therapy dog..  B) 

I find the name to be a little racist, and if there are people who want to take on that fight, I welcome them to. It's not my fight, though. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Contains lyrics not safe for work or those easily offended. Context?

So, without listening to this video, it seems to me that black folks looking to take back this infamous slur and use it to empower themselves is dramatically different than if I let the word slip thru my lips. Love Tarantino, too, but I cringed pretty hard when he used it himself in Pulp Fiction. But yeah, rap artists and Samuel L. Jackson can have at it as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Slats' old ass translating Tim Dog lyrics is just about my favorite moment here in forever.

I'm not hip, but I play hip on the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you??

Let's leave the red hats out of this. As soon as you get the answer you're fishing for here, the thread will be locked again. Probably for good. 

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So, this thread is going well.

We're nearing peak thread. I sorta hate to look away. 

• Haha 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company