kelly

a supreme court decision serves as a victory for the redskins’.. ~ ~ ~

A Supreme Court decision this morning will serve as a victory for the Washington Redskins’ ongoing efforts to protect their team name.

The Court ruled that the federal government may not prohibit trademarks on “immoral” or “scandalous” materials, in a case brought by a clothing line known as FUCT. Although the Redskins were not a party to the case, it represents a victory for the team because opponents of the team name have argued that they should lose their trademark protection under the “immoral or scandalous” laws that have now been ruled unconstitutional.

This is the second recent case in which the Supreme Court has ruled that the First Amendment defends the free speech of companies that have offensive trademarks.Losing trademark protection wouldn’t have forced the team to change its name, but it would have potentially cost the team money in merchandise sales, which might have been a first step toward Dan Snyder changing his stated determination “never” to change the name. Now Snyder doesn’t have to worry about that.

>       https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/24/supreme-court-hands-redskins-a-victory-in-trademark-case/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Totally can't wait to see where this thread goes.

..just  NOT...

171106-messer-sexual-harrasement-tease-3

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You know who sucks?

Announcers who won't call them Redskins and will only call them "Washington".

So weak.  

true !  B)

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Stop/ Thanks./ Or I will put everyone of your post in your very own thread. Again!

ok  :unsure:.. Go Jets !  :wub:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, you know what I heard recently?

The term  :Chrismaz_PDT: “Eskimo”  :Chrismaz_PDT: is an incredibly offensive slur. 

So what we were actually taught in the 4th grade is now unacceptable. 

Apparently Obama signed an executive order in 2016 to remove it from all federal laws. 

Who knew?

Call me a WOP or a Guinea I don’t care. 

i Luv the Edmonton  Eskimos  !   :wub:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hang in there, millennials. Only 23.69 years until the last Baby Boomer dies off. 

..when  your/my  mascara is $43.00... there is no time for crying   :-( 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company