kelly

a supreme court decision serves as a victory for the redskins’.. ~ ~ ~

The Washington Palefaces

Washington Blackskins?

17 minutes ago, King P said:

Context is king

Contains lyrics not safe for work or those easily offended. Context?

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Slats' old ass translating Tim Dog lyrics is just about my favorite moment here in forever.

What's slats age?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You two can shut the **** up about it.  We are in a protected class. 

Don't know what you mean.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do feel strongly, yes.  We all should IMO when it comes to rooting out and ending racism.

While I do not root for the Burgundy & Gold, I DO live here.  I have a vested local interest.

Here is a good test of the pro-Redskins folks: 

Go ahead and refer to every poster at JN and every person you meet in public as "whiteskin", "blackskin", "redskin", "yellowskin" and "brownskin" for the rest of the week. 

Since it's clearly no big deal to use such terms, and definitely not racism, surely only, say 9% (the safe space snowflakes, right?) of JN forum users or randoms on the street will be offended, right?  And that would justify the continuing to use these terms forever, right? 

It would be tradition then, and heaven forbid we screw with tradition!  

Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. :-k

You're never going to totally end racism, people are always going to think they are better than someone else. It's human nature.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We cannot 100% eliminate it, so why bother at all? :blink:

I didn't say that. I already see examples of greater acceptance within the younger generation in my family and society.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is an awful viewpoint.  Kids aren't born racist.  They're taught racism.  Kids play together with kids of all backgrounds without a care in the world until they're told not to. 

How old are you.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

"It's human nature to be racist."

- Guy On Internet That Is Definitely Not Racist, 2019.

It is, not for everyone, just racists.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The term "human nature" refers to being true across the board.  You can't use that term and apply it only to a group of humans. 

And the world isn't divided into, say, 90 % "regular people" and 10 % "racists".  There's a continuum involved here.  And people who say they're not racist but then shrug their shoulders at racism are doing a lot more harm than good. 

" The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Yeah, Ok.

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Not your problem, right?

No, I am a conservative it's up to the individual, not society.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

It's govt turning society against itself. While they laugh, like a cat batting a mouse around

You can't think for yourself? I know a guy with a North Dallas Forty avatar is more than capable.

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Maybe to you words are meaningless, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. I mean words at their very core have to have meaning behind them, or else it would be gibberish.

That mentality of "it's just words" is what gets people in trouble, because people think they can just say whatever the hell they want with no type of repercussions. Then get mad when something happens to them.

People saying "society these days is too PC/sensitive!" really mean "Why can't I say whatever I want without consequence!"

I hear  yah,  really I do, words don't bother me. Some get bothered by them and I respect their point of view. 

Just now, Warfish said:

I bet I could say some words that would bother you.  \\:D/

And I would say some back, we would get into a fist fight or go our separate ways, it would be between us.

This thread still going and who said Jet fans are  animals?

33 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lets' put it this way..

You dont need to learn how to read, to learn words.

As a child/baby, before schooling. You learned an entire language by sight, sound and memory alone. Your mind was pure and free to a point.

Then you walked into a class room where the immediate  dumbing down began. You  learned an entire language as a child....then they sit you down and...

See Dick run. Run Dick run. 

School is a waste of time and intelligence. 

Yes, but is Dick dick'in Jane?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company