Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BROOKLYN JET

Joe Namath: Brady is the greatest quarterback ever

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

I think that's just it different players, different rules, christ there will be male cheerleaders soon.  How are we defining GOAT,  there are a few different qualifications  to argue over or standards. Unitas, Marino, Montanna, etc. etc. Dickhead has the most overall accomplishments divisions, rIngs, but how were they obtained? It's a team game, is he a product of his team? Or was he the Qb that did everything by himself?

This is why I love Namath and respect his opinion, this one line, he answers with no hesitation.

9.24 and on, No "We are....King of the hill. A winner, a leader, a great!!

 

That grin at the question. Pure unadulterated love of the game. Only one Joe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think it’s Montana - he went to another team and still played well. I only bring this up because patriots backups have done very well in the system there and gone to other teams and sucked. Just something to note when comparing 2 great QBs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Still think it’s Montana - he went to another team and still played well. I only bring this up because patriots backups have done very well in the system there and gone to other teams and sucked. Just something to note when comparing 2 great QBs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you want to argue Brady is a system QB, Montana probably isn't your best bet.  Didn't someone else have some success there after he left?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you want to argue Brady is a system QB, Montana probably isn't your best bet.  Didn't someone else have some success there after he left?

Yes but Montana went to another team and had success - which was my point. Brady is a complete unknown in that aspect.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you want to argue Brady is a system QB, Montana probably isn't your best bet.  Didn't someone else have some success there after he left?

The patriots 3rd string QB has looked like a stud in that offense is my point


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Still think it’s Montana - he went to another team and still played well. I only bring this up because patriots backups have done very well in the system there and gone to other teams and sucked. Just something to note when comparing 2 great QBs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Montana did play well in his 2 years in KC going 11-5 and 9-7.. 3 years before he came they were 11-5,10-6,10-6 with Deberg and Krieg as QB's..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So Brady is better but you wont say hes better because youre actually trying to make the case that hes never hit?  

I’m glad that this is all you took from my comment. But that wasn’t my main points.

But please, keep trying to suggest Brady has gotten hit as much as Montana, that the rules haven’t changed BECAUSE of Brady and his constant complaining. 

The 49ers got penalized for cap manipulation (just like we all know the Pats manipulate the cap). 

The Patriots and Brady got  penalized, fined, suspended for ON FIELD criminality. 

But I get it, you think Brady is better than Montana. 

Perfectly reasonable OPINION. 

I don’t agree and it certainly isn’t “isn’t close”. 

That other dude arguing here seems to be obsessed with Brady. Big Namath hater, apparently, too. 

Good company. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montana did play well in his 2 years in KC going 11-5 and 9-7.. 3 years before he came they were 11-5,10-6,10-6 with Deberg and Krieg as QB's..

Deberg had 1 good year with them in 1990, outside that year, they won despite him. Krieg was an established good QB before going to KC so irrelevant to this convo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Still think it’s Montana - he went to another team and still played well. I only bring this up because patriots backups have done very well in the system there and gone to other teams and sucked. Just something to note when comparing 2 great QBs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Of course the haters will say Young did just as well but he was a HOF talent as well. 

He wasn’t Matt Cassell, but who is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:


Deberg had 1 good year with them in 1990, outside that year, they won despite him. Krieg was an established good QB before going to KC so irrelevant to this convo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not if Montana was the Goat it is relevant..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Still think it’s Montana - he went to another team and still played well. I only bring this up because patriots backups have done very well in the system there and gone to other teams and sucked. Just something to note when comparing 2 great QBs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Matt Cassell didn't make the playoffs in NE, he won a division title in KC.  Garropolo is 6-2 as a starter in SF, since 2015 all other SF QBs are 11-45.

Without Brady BB is well under .500 for his career as a HC and has 5 losing seasons in 7 years with just 1 playoff app.  Other forget NE assistants?

Romeo Crennell 28-55 record

Josh McDaniels 11-17, fired in year 2

Eric mangini: 33-47, 1 Playoff app in 5 years, 0 playoff wins

Jim Schwartz: 29-51, 1 playoff app in 5 years, 0 playoff wins

Bill O'brien: the most successful, 42-38, 1 playoff win in 5 seasons

Matt Patricia 6-10

Charlie Weis: failed at ND and Kansas in college

 

Brady is the best, it's not close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m glad that this is all you took from my comment. But that wasn’t my main points.
But please, keep trying to suggest Brady has gotten hit as much as Montana, that the rules haven’t changed BECAUSE of Brady and his constant complaining. 
The 49ers got penalized for cap manipulation (just like we all know the Pats manipulate the cap). 
The Patriots and Brady got  penalized, fined, suspended for ON FIELD criminality. 
But I get it, you think Brady is better than Montana. 
Perfectly reasonable OPINION. 
I don’t agree and it certainly isn’t “isn’t close”. 
That other dude arguing here seems to be obsessed with Brady. Big Namath hater, apparently, too. 
Good company. 

I didn’t even think to bring up this argument - kinda like comparing LeBron and Jordan... Jordan played in a much tougher era. Montana played in an era where they didn’t protect the QB at all. It was a free for all as far as what we would consider dirty hits today. You give Montana today’s rules and he’d put up video game numbers


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:


I didn’t even think to bring up this argument - kinda like comparing LeBron and Jordan... Jordan played in a much tougher era. Montana played in an era where they didn’t protect the QB at all. It was a free for all as far as what we would consider dirty hits today. You give Montana today’s rules and he’d put up video game numbers


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Did you watch Montana play?  That statement couldn't be more incorrect. Montana didn't play in the 50s and 60s.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:


I didn’t even think to bring up this argument - kinda like comparing LeBron and Jordan... Jordan played in a much tougher era. Montana played in an era where they didn’t protect the QB at all. It was a free for all as far as what we would consider dirty hits today. You give Montana today’s rules and he’d put up video game numbers


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You’re going to have jerkoff millennials disagree with you. 

Montana played in a MUCH different era. Not the 60s or 70s but the 80s were nearly as brutal and no where near as protective as today’s players.

Brady is the biggest complaining POS in the history of the league and even though he was a convicted cheater they continued to genuflect at his presence. 

Honestly have never seen a bigger pussy complainer than Brady in any of the 4 major sports. 

He’s like a European soccer player. 

But youngsters will disagree because they WANT to disagree, not that they are right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahahaaaaa still with the “it’s not close” as if that’s dispositive of the discussion.  

How about this. 

Montana never losing a SB, never getting convicted for cheating, is the best. 

And it’s not even close. 

Btw, in the truest test, in 4 SBs Montana never threw an INT and has the highest SB QB rating ever.  In an era that didn’t protect QBs. 

Not bad. 

Actually, just looked it up, Eli has a higher SB QB rating than Brady. As does about 10 other QBs. 

Yeah, it’s not even close. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montana playing in an era where they allow more hits doesnt make him better or tougher 

 

The athletes are stronger, faster and bigger now. Point blank.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Montana playing in an era where they allow more hits doesnt make him better or tougher 

 

The athletes are stronger, faster and bigger now. Point blank.

 

Oh point blank. 

So that ends it, right?

Regardless of how big fast strong anyone is or was, you were legally allowed to crush QBs and mug receivers in Montana’s day. 

You can’t touch a receiver and you can’t hit a QB above or below the belly button and sometimes if you hit them perfectly in the belly button, if it looks violent you still get the call and they watch you the rest of the game.

Point blank.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Montana playing in an era where they allow more hits doesnt make him better or tougher 

 

The athletes are stronger, faster and bigger now. Point blank.

 

Btw, never said that made him tougher or better, just that it was a different era and stats need to be taken into account for that. 

Besides, Brady is the biggest whiner in the league today. 

Point blank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, never said that made him tougher or better, just that it was a different era and stats need to be taken into account for that. 

Besides, Brady is the biggest whiner in the league today. 

Point blank. 

Stats tell a part of any story for an athlete but it doesnt tell the whole story...still the QBs of this era are playing with bigger athletes, still getting hit hard..still require to stay in the pocket and make the throw..

They have to execute, read more complex schemes that have grown and evolved over decades and different eras.

 

So cuz a QB isn't getting hit below the knees or has a 280 pound lineman crush him to the ground deliberately that should count against them?

That's my point...you guys should love this era because you guys are grooming someone you want to be the next great QB..

 

Let me know if you will feel the same way about the diff eras if darnold is taken out of a AFC championship game cuz he was "crushed" by A lineman coming up the middle 

Will you still compare eras, if something like that happens to darnold and he is out a year (God forbid...I dont wish that on any player)

I agree some of the calls are ridiculous. .but 

I don't think Brady should be punished cuz he is not getting hit below the knees anymore...

 

He still gets hit..and wakes up with pain that you nore I can  imagine..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I dont have any problem with anyone picking Montana as the greatest. The only time I have to shake my head is when there is b.s. reasons for picking Montana over brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Of course the haters will say Young did just as well but he was a HOF talent as well. 

He wasn’t Matt Cassell, but who is?

What haters?

I said he was my favorite QB.  But Brady's better.  Makes people haters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

He still gets hit..and wakes up with pain that you nore I can  imagine..

This is irrelevant to the discussion of who is better.

And you have no idea what pain I have endured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

And I dont have any problem with anyone picking Montana as the greatest. 

So you’re saying it isn’t “isn’t even close”?

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m glad that this is all you took from my comment. But that wasn’t my main points.

But please, keep trying to suggest Brady has gotten hit as much as Montana, that the rules haven’t changed BECAUSE of Brady and his constant complaining. 

The 49ers got penalized for cap manipulation (just like we all know the Pats manipulate the cap). 

The Patriots and Brady got  penalized, fined, suspended for ON FIELD criminality. 

But I get it, you think Brady is better than Montana. 

Perfectly reasonable OPINION. 

I don’t agree and it certainly isn’t “isn’t close”. 

That other dude arguing here seems to be obsessed with Brady. Big Namath hater, apparently, too. 

Good company. 

I didn't suggest anyone got hot harder or more often.  I said Montana wasn't battered, didn't take a beating.  He didn't.  Don't know what you're even suggesting.  What's the difference, you think Montana was better able to take hours than Brady?  Why, because you say so?

You brought up cheating, I reminded you that the 49rs were caught too.  You want to add criminally to the cheating?  Sure, Pat's cheating was criminal, circumventing the cap and getting caught is exactly the same as the fans who advise the Pats without a stitch of proof.

You know there's no big deal thinking one or the other is the best.  There's a case for each, somehow.  What's amazing is the ass hurt over someone thinking Brady, with all his accomplishments is the GOAT. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is irrelevant to the discussion of who is better.

And you have no idea what pain I have endured. 

The irony of you claiming someone is bring up something irrelevant to the point.

 

Please go ahead and make up a lie and explain what pain you went through that is the same to what an NFL QB?

Or claim you can endure their pain..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So you’re saying it isn’t “isn’t even close”?

Thank you. 

Have no clue what this statement means..but u should check your talking points or at least try to remember them better

because after all, it's your "opinion" so other posters shouldn't have a problem with your opinion..but you started off in this thread having an issue with Namath's "opinion.."

 

You cant deal w Brady's "systematic" cheating..but Montana's teams have "systematically" cheated as well....you sire side step those point when brought up before.

Your turn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is the GOAT.  I think that subject has been put to bed.  Regardless of our personal feelings on the matter.  And frankly, if Joe feels that way too, shouldn't that settle the argument, right then and there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:


Yes but Montana went to another team and had success - which was my point. Brady is a complete unknown in that aspect.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Revis treats football like a business and goes to another team: "Mercenary, selfish, disloyal loser!!!"

Brady spends his entire career for one team, accepting a massive hometown discount and wins 6 rings: "System QB, no proven success anywhere else."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I didn't suggest anyone got hot harder or more often.  I said Montana wasn't battered, didn't take a beating.  He didn't.  Don't know what you're even suggesting.  What's the difference, you think Montana was better able to take hours than Brady?  Why, because you say so?

You brought up cheating, I reminded you that the 49rs were caught too.  You want to add criminally to the cheating?  Sure, Pat's cheating was criminal, circumventing the cap and getting caught is exactly the same as the fans who advise the Pats without a stitch of proof.

You know there's no big deal thinking one or the other is the best.  There's a case for each, somehow.  What's amazing is the ass hurt over someone thinking Brady, with all his accomplishments is the GOAT. 

 

You can think Brady is the GOAT, that’s fine. I have no problem with folks thinking that. Perfectly legit.

Don’t end arguments based on opinions with “and it’s not even close” because it sounds stupid. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Have no clue what this statement means..but u should check your talking points or at least try to remember them better

because after all, it's your "opinion" so other posters shouldn't have a problem with your opinion..but you started off in this thread having an issue with Namath's "opinion.."

 

You cant deal w Brady's "systematic" cheating..but Montana's teams have "systematically" cheated as well....you sire side step those point when brought up before.

Your turn 

My Namath point was a joke. Sarcasm as it were. 

If you think cap circumvention and taping walk throughs before a SB is the same thing then sure. I don’t. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You can think Brady is the GOAT, that’s fine. I have no problem with folks thinking that. Perfectly legit.

Don’t end arguments based on opinions with “and it’s not even close” because it sounds stupid. 

 

Someone gave me numbers, I said they arent even close.  Theyre not.  Their stats might not be on the same planet.  To argue that makes for a stupid argument.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The irony of you claiming someone is bring up something irrelevant to the point.

 

Please go ahead and make up a lie and explain what pain you went through that is the same to what an NFL QB?

Or claim you can endure their pain..

As a seven year old I was pushed out the window of a tower when I saw my queen screwing her brother. 

Hurt so much I grew a third eye. 

Not going to go into my injury issue on a message board but suffice it to say it involved a long hospital stay with very labored breathing. I think it qualifies. 

Plenty of people have endured MUCH more than what football players endure. It’s irrelevant to the topic of who is better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

 

Someone gave me numbers, I said they arent even close.  Theyre not.  Their stats might not be on the same planet.  To argue that makes for a stupid argument.

 

Numbers from different eras. 

Well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...