Joe Namath: Brady is the greatest quarterback ever

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Numbers from different eras. 

Well done. 

And the dwarf Montanas.  

Exactly as I said.  And one more time, in answer to someone who thought the numbers were significant and brought them up.  I didnt.  If theyre significant enough to bring them up with you think theyre making a point for you, suck it up and move on when its pointed out that you were wrong.  He wasnt wrong with an excuse, he was wrong.  

I watched both, think Brady and his playoff and SBs back it up.  Not using stats, using my eyes.  You dont agree, thats fine.   Theres no right or wrong but you want to keep arguing while I keep repeating this.  Its over 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And the dwarf Montanas.  

Exactly as I said.  And one more time, in answer to someone who thought the numbers were significant and brought them up.  I didnt.  If theyre significant enough to bring them up with you think theyre making a point for you, suck it up and move on when its pointed out that you were wrong.  He wasnt wrong with an excuse, he was wrong.  

I don’t care what anyone else said about numbers, it’s stupid to compare numbers from era to era. 

In 10 years when guys are throwing for 6000-7000 yards a season Brady’s numbers will be dwarfed. 

I don't base my opinion on numbers.

I’m not “wrong” about my opinion just like you aren’t “wrong” about yours. 

48 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t care what anyone else said about numbers, it’s stupid to compare numbers from era to era. 

In 10 years when guys are throwing for 6000-7000 yards a season Brady’s numbers will be dwarfed. 

I don't base my opinion on numbers.

I’m not “wrong” about my opinion just like you aren’t “wrong” about yours. 

I'll say it again, when someone tells me Montanas QBR is better, that his INTS to TDS is better I'll point out that they werent, that it wasnt true. 

And like I said 10 or so times already, I watched them both, I think Brady is better.

You keep going back to numbers and giving reasons for why they mean nothing to you.  Thats fine but not what I base my choice of GOAT

Revis treats football like a business and goes to another team: "Mercenary, selfish, disloyal loser!!!"
Brady spends his entire career for one team, accepting a massive hometown discount and wins 6 rings: "System QB, no proven success anywhere else."

No one saying he’s not great, but greatest? Joe Montana holds that easily. Did it on 2 teams, did it in the much tougher era. Like I said in another post, Montana would put up video game numbers with the rules that are in place today

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll say it again, when someone tells me Montanas QBR is better, that his INTS to TDS is better I'll point out that they werent, that it wasnt true. 

And like I said 10 or so times already, I watched them both, I think Brady is better.

You keep going back to numbers and giving reasons for why they mean nothing to you.  Thats fine but not what I base my choice of GOAT

But that's the thing--I'm NOT going TO numbers or NOT back to numbers.  And again, I don't care what anyone else has said either numberswise or otherwise.

I'm not basing my opinion on numbers or not numbers.  

I've seen them both too and I think Montana was better.  

That's my opinion.  

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

My Namath point was a joke. Sarcasm as it were. 

If you think cap circumvention and taping walk throughs before a SB is the same thing then sure. I don’t. 

No evidence or factual base of a walk through and DEFINITELY NO facts or evidences for cap circumvention. But you know who actually got caught for cap circumvention and was punished

Carmen Policy..who was Carmen Policy..the SF 49ers vice president from 83 to 90 and GM from 91-97. When Montana was playing..more "systematic" cheating for you to go ahead and turn a blind eye to.

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

No one saying he’s not great, but greatest? Joe Montana holds that easily. Did it on 2 teams, did it in the much tougher era. Like I said in another post, Montana would put up video game numbers with the rules that are in place today

I stand by my observation that calling Tom Brady an unproven commodity is ludicrous. And I'm being kind.

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Wait..wait...you can't say "he holds that easily" since @nyjunc has the audacity(sarcasm) to say " not even close"

That's a new rule apparently in this debate.

All your other points have been debunked too many times In here so I dont have to say anymore

If brady weren't a cheater, a system QB taking money under the table to consistently field better supporting casts, and didn't play his entire career under the greatest coach of all time, then maybe we could make a fair judgement.

The way it's played out, he's not the GOAT and it's not even close.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

But that's the thing--I'm NOT going TO numbers or NOT back to numbers.  And again, I don't care what anyone else has said either numberswise or otherwise.

I'm not basing my opinion on numbers or not numbers.  

I've seen them both too and I think Montana was better.  

That's my opinion.  

You know I usually agree with you.  Now you're just arguing to argue.  One last time, I think Brady is better.  The eye test says it, the numbers say it.  You can argue away, make all the excuses you want. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And the dwarf Montanas.  

I watched both, think Brady and his playoff and SBs back it up.  Not using stats, using my eyes.  You dont agree, thats fine.   Theres no right or wrong but you want to keep arguing while I keep repeating this.  Its over 

I wonder if it is only in the AFC East where fans will refuse to see what I (and you) see as so obvious. He has NEVER left the field in a SB without the lead.  He has single handily carried those teams on his back at times.  Based on his performance, he should have 9 SB's.  Rarely has won less than 12-13 games regular season.  

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know I usually agree with you.  Now you're just arguing to argue.  One last time, I think Brady is better.  The eye test says it, the numbers say it.  You can argue away, make all the excuses you want. 

No I’m not arguing to argue. 

Its my opinion. My eye test says it (as it does many others) and the numbers are irrelevant. 

Wait, numbers. Again? 

It’s a legit discussion and no one can “win” it.

If you think you’ve “won” then congratulations. 

Yea because he doesn’t have to worry about his wife receivers getting blown up anymore, he doesn’t have to worry about getting hit that bad, it’s a completely diff era and game. He has advantages that QBs of old didn’t have and if they did have them, what would have their numbers looked like?

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I wonder if it is only in the AFC East where fans will refuse to see what I (and you) see as so obvious. He has NEVER left the field in a SB without the lead.  He has single handily carried those teams on his back at times.  Based on his performance, he should have 9 SB's.  Rarely has won less than 12-13 games regular season.  

If we’re playing what if, he lost 3 and should have lost at least 2 more and shouldn’t have been in one. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It's impossible for some fans to not think as a biased fan.. That comeback against the Falcons after being down 25 points in the 3rd quarter was amazing..

b31873788e16fb7e82dace23ab7908dd.jpg

49 minutes ago, Grandy said:

The amount of Jets fans washing Brady's balls and writing of dozens of posts about why he's the best shows off the battered wife syndrome that exists among so many. 

Or there are actually jets fans that know how to carry on a good rational debate and conversation.

Nobody has ever thrown the ball like Dan Marino in the history of the league. Nobody. Not Rodgers, not even Joe. Faster release, cannon power, and unprecedented or unrivaled accuracy. He played in a time when the NFL was still allowing defenses to defend,  not this pussy era of two hand touch and no touching the QBs. 

Montana was a technician, but I give Walsh more credit than Joe. He was a true innovator and they were running a modern offense in the mid eighties when other teams were still in I formation with a FB and 2 WRs. Look at the Bears offense of that era. Or the Giants.  

Speaking of the Bears, Marino SHREDDED the "greatest Defense of all time" with no running game and midget receivers back when Defenses could mug WRs....and essentially functioned as his own OC, much like Namath...

Brady? Yeah. Hes got the rings. But he plays in an era where Receivers are untouchable within 5 yards of the LOS, and has made a career throwing 4 yard slants on pick routes, in an offense designed around short passes and cheating. He has meh arm strength and in actuality,  his game is a LOT like Montana's,  only he gets to play in an era where defenses are completely handicapped by the rules, he has rules CHANGED to protect him, his line is allowed to hold at will, if he is touched anywhere but the numbers he gets a free play, and he plays in a system designed around taking advantage of and often crossing across the rules of the game. **** him.

Greatest Raw talent and thrower of the Football? Marino. 

Greatest "system" QB? Montana.

Greatest Champio? Otto Graham

Greatest cheater and bitch? Brady.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

It's impossible for some fans to not think as a biased fan.. That comeback against the Falcons after being down 25 points in the 3rd quarter was amazing..

b31873788e16fb7e82dace23ab7908dd.jpg

He marched them down the field against the Seahawks as well. NEVER left the field without a lead.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nobody has ever thrown the ball like Dan Marino in the history of the league. Nobody. Not Rodgers, not even Joe. Faster release, cannon power, and unprecedented or unrivaled accuracy. He played in a time when the NFL was still allowing defenses to defend,  not this pussy era of two hand touch and no touching the QBs. 

Montana was a technician, but I give Walsh more credit than Joe. He was a true innovator and they were running a modern offense in the mid eighties when other teams were still in I formation with a FB and 2 WRs. Look at the Bears offense of that era. Or the Giants.  

Speaking of the Bears, Marino SHREDDED the "greatest Defense of all time" with no running game and midget receivers back when Defenses could mug WRs....and essentially functioned as his own OC, much like Namath...

Brady? Yeah. Hes got the rings. But he plays in an era where Receivers are untouchable within 5 yards of the LOS, and has made a career throwing 4 yard slants on pick routes, in an offense designed around short passes and cheating. He has meh arm strength and in actuality,  his game is a LOT like Montana's,  only he gets to play in an era where defenses are completely handicapped by the rules, he has rules CHANGED to protect him, his line is allowed to hold at will, if he is touched anywhere but the numbers he gets a free play, and he plays in a system designed around taking advantage of and often crossing across the rules of the game. **** him.

Greatest Raw talent and thrower of the Football? Marino. 

Greatest "system" QB? Montana.

Greatest Champio? Otto Graham

Greatest cheater and bitch? Brady.

I actually agree about Marino. I saw him live when he was at Pitt, best pure thrower I’ve ever seen. 

Not sure why folks can’t accept that an opinion varies from their own. 

If you want to believe Brady is the GOAT, have at it. Some believe it’s Montana, please Brady fans, don’t tell them they are wrong. 

Everyone has their own criteria. I place not losing SBs and not playing for a systematic cheating franchise and in not playing in the watered down offensive era of today above QBs of today. Don’t like my opinion, that’s fine. 

Its like kids today think LeBron is better that Jordan. 

I disagree. Just like I disagree about Brady v Montana. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If brady weren't a cheater, a system QB taking money under the table to consistently field better supporting casts, and didn't play his entire career under the greatest coach of all time, then maybe we could make a fair judgement.

The way it's played out, he's not the GOAT and it's not even close.

Amazing how Mallett, Cassell and Hoyer somehow all sucked in the “system” 

Or how the “system” never works when one of Belichick’s assistants takes a job in another team that doesn’t have Brady

I think it's time JetNation once again had a Pats fan super villain situated among its most prolific posters, like that Tex guy used to be. It would be cleansing. I have over two decades of rage, hate and frustration to expunge, and a human punching bag would bring some healthy relief.

While we're on the subject, at the Pats fan equivalent of JetNation.com, they post a new "Jets Suck" thread at the start of every year that remains active and atop the thread list until the following year, when they create a new one. It's an astonishing  psychological and social phenomenon. You'd think the oppressed would be more likely to start such a thread rather than the oppressors. What's up with that? Why do Jets fans get more worked up over a new uniforms thread than they do about trashing our cheating, dirtbag arch enemy>

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I think it's time JetNation once again had a Pats fan super villain situated among its most prolific posters, like that Tex guy used to be. It would be cleansing. I have over two decades of rage, hate and frustration to expunge, and a human punching bag would bring some healthy relief.

While we're on the subject, at the Pats fan equivalent of JetNation.com, they post a new "Jets Suck" thread at the start of every year that remains active and atop the thread list until the following year, when they create a new one. It's an astonishing  psychological and social phenomenon. You'd think the oppressed would be more likely to start such a thread rather than the oppressors. What's up with that? Why do Jets fans get more worked up over a new uniforms thread than they do about trashing our cheating, dirtbag arch enemy>

Patsfan.com is a bunch of sissies who censor anyone who isn’t a blatant New England/Boston homer I went on that site and got banned after an hour

Thin skinned wusses

79E92E4E-E2FE-44E6-9442-42F3B8F15785.jpeg.f4ac45b61f8ac18029d49d2eca1f1452.jpeg

• Haha 1

I think Joe would be more qualified than any of us to make the distinction.

Having said that, my personal opinion is that there are 3-4 guys including TB that a very strong case for GOAT could be made.

The problem is that despite the hard numbers opinions will always remain subjective due to the different era, rules, teams they played for etc.

You can play what if games with scenarios such as how would Montana, Marino etc have fared playing for BBs Pats for 20 years but nothing definitive can come from it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Matt Cassell went 10-5, 64% comps, 3700 yards 21-11 TDs to INTs. And that guy sucked. 

With an all time great roster helping him then he went to Kansas City and sucked so bad they cheered him getting injured

Yes Peace Frog, the Lions backup QB who is now unemployed sucks

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I think Joe would be more qualified than any of us to make the distinction.

Having said that, my personal opinion is that there are 3-4 guys including TB that a very strong case for GOAT could be made.

The problem is that despite the hard numbers opinions will always remain subjective due to the different era, rules, teams they played for etc.

You can play what if games with scenarios such as how would Montana, Marino etc have fared playing for BBs Pats for 20 years but nothing definitive can come from it.

This is the only legitimate argument against Brady being GOAT is that maybe Montana or Marino playing today might be as good or better

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Amazing how Mallett, Cassell and Hoyer somehow all sucked in the “system” 

Or how the “system” never works when one of Belichick’s assistants takes a job in another team that doesn’t have Brady

If you think the "system" is a bunch of garbage assistant coaches, that's your problem. The system comprises of Kraft, Belichick, Ernie Adams, Alex Guererro, and a ton of low level staffers to facilitate all of the intricate cheating. Belichick is the GOAT because of his gameplanning and roster management. Brady has never won a super bowl when Belichick's defense wasn't a top 15 defense in that season. Look it up.

That system is why the likes of Mallet, Cassell, Hoyer, Brissett, Jimmy, and Bledsoe have combined to give the pats a .600+ record including winning the 2001 AFC championship game. Put a different way, those QBs combined to give the pats the same number of wins in only 20 games that the Jets have gotten over the last 48 games.

Meanwhile, all (except Jimmy who is still TBD) have fizzled out everywhere else they've gone. And before you bring up Matt Cassell's one year as a pro bowl alternate with the chiefs, lets remember that he was hot garbage every other non-pats season he played, and his best season still came in the pats system:

By the end of the 2008 season, Cassel had become the first quarterback in NFL history to record at least 10 wins, 325 completions, a 63% completion mark, 3,600 passing yards, 20 touchdown passes, 11 or fewer interceptions, and 250 rushing yards in a single season. As of 2017, only two other quarterbacks have accomplished the feat, Russell Wilson (twice) and Aaron Rodgers (five times).