T0mShane, Jamal Adams and Twitter

Jet9

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wonder what Safety Greg Williams was taking about when he told Adams "I've coached better players than you". 

Hopefully Williams will make a JN account in order to clear this up! 

I don’t recall him saying better safety. He’s  been a DC or HC for two decades. 

He could be referring to Aaron Donald or possibly Sean Taylor or Myles Garrett. The list can’t be too long though.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

does anyone here really think that a tipped incomplete pass = an interception?

No. But You said Ints were excluded which is not true. 

The original  post is saying Jamal has made more impact plays in his first two years than those safeties. That’s true. Not all impact plays are created equal though. Hence the constant debate about Jamal. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

does anyone here really think that a tipped incomplete pass = an interception?

Depends on the situation, they both accomplish the same overall goal which is preventing the WR from catching the Football.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I don’t recall him saying better safety. He’s  been a DC or HC for two decades. 

He could be referring to Aaron Donald or possibly Sean Taylor or Myles Garrett. The list can’t be too long though.

Facts, though Aaron Darnold wasnt the Darnold we know now when Greg was there....but the writing was on the was for sure. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

undoubtedly the best part of this tweet is that they omitted ed reed's 12 interceptions in his first 2 seasons.

You guys crack me up! Perspective people!

Go back & look at the front 7s of the Ravens when Ed Reed played for them! That defense was so F*CKING GOOD they won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB! TRENT DILFER! That's like winning a Super Bowl with Matt Moore at QB!

Don't get me wrong, Adams may never be as good as Ed Reed, but Reed was allowed to free lance A LOT & jump routes while QBs were running for their lives. Jets the last 2 years might get a QB to move around in the pocket 3/5 times a GAME! You can't have it both ways, you can't come on this site & demand we draft guys to pass rush BECAUSE we haven't had 1 since John Abraham, but then trash our all pro safety because he doesn't have a lot of picks. 

This is the freaking NFL where if you don't pressure Josh McCown he's gonna have completions, or under Todd Bowles, pretty much every single backup in this league that we played against. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Go back & look at the front 7s of the Ravens when Ed Reed played for them! That defense was so F*CKING GOOD they won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB! TRENT DILFER! That's like winning a Super Bowl with Matt Moore at QB!

Don't get me wrong, Adams may never be as good as Ed Reed, but Reed was allowed to free lance A LOT & jump routes while QBs were running for their lives. Jets the last 2 years might get a QB to move around in the pocket 3/5 times a GAME! You can't have it both ways, you can't come on this site & demand we draft guys to pass rush BECAUSE we haven't had 1 since John Abraham, but then trash our all pro safety because he doesn't have a lot of picks. 

This is the freaking NFL where if you don't pressure Josh McCown he's gonna have completions, or under Todd Bowles, pretty much every single backup in this league that we played against. 

You mean the same TRENT DILFER that was drafted #6 overall?  The one  that made the pro bowl in 1997?  The one that was 25-17 over the 3 years before he joined the Ravens?  That team wasn't winning sh*t with Tony Banks, no matter how good their D.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

undoubtedly the best part of this tweet is that they omitted ed reed's 12 interceptions in his first 2 seasons.

Small lies, big lies, and statistics.

Reminds me of last year with all the “stats” of Darnold being the youngest starting QB ever to do this or that when he was the youngest QB to start in the NFL. He was also the youngest QB to lose a game, throw a pick six on first throw, throw an int, take a sack, exist.

15 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Sorry if this was already posted. Thought it needed it's own thread. 

Seems he left off the 5 wins and 4 wins part of the legacy.

Wins are what matter....right?  

He's a very good player with a bright future.  I look forward to seeing his good play turn into wins.

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Unless Reed’s 12 picks includes picking off Dilfer in practice what’s he got to do with this?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I am trying to figure out if anyone was spared in this barrage of insults. lol

A guy signs on to JetNation in the morning to take a few unsolicited cheap shots at Jamal Adams (sucks) and within minutes he finds out that his mother had greatly wronged him and these two things might be related and, boy, what a day it was. 

• Haha 2