The Jets have some catching up to do..

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

That is just freaking PATHETIC! What does this tell you? They could have traded their ENTIRE DRAFT 10 times to secure a top QB & they couldn't have done any worse. It shows you how stupid ownership has been from Hess to Woody. This is why NO ONE should complain about what we gave up to land Darnold. It could have been our entire draft & it would have been worth it! Imagine seeing Josh McCown lining up behind center again this year?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And when you haven't won one of those since 1969, you at least want to get some home playoff games out of the deal.  We haven't had one of those since 2002. 

Been they're, done that, and it's fun tickets are less likely to wind up in the garbage. Still it's second best. 

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Citing of facts is now animosity?  Go figure.

It's not really a "fact" though.  The NFL ruled that the team that was in Cleveland before moving to Baltimore has its records "merged" with the current Browns team, with the Ravens being its own separate franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Wait, so am I to understand the Jets have not been very good?

I think this is more of a counter to when people say "At least we're not the ________".  While the Jets have won some playoff games out of the Wild Card slot, we're really not in position to say we're better than anyone else, historically.  The Cardinals went to a Super Bowl not that long ago.  The Bills have been to the playoffs more recently than us.  The Browns, while terrible for a long time, are starting to turn that around. 

Really the only franchise we can look down on in "recent" years is the Lions, who haven't won a division title OR a playoff game since 1991.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not really a "fact" though.  The NFL ruled that the team that was in Cleveland before moving to Baltimore has its records "merged" with the current Browns team, with the Ravens being its own separate franchise. 

It is a fact that this is what the NFL says.  It is also a fact that the supposed claim of their history is not what actually happened in the real world.  I mean, you could move and have your name legally changed, but it doesn't mean if someone else is born in your prior town with your old name, that magically makes them you and deserve credit/blame for everything you've done.

Not that it makes a difference, the Jets are historically awful regardless, but simply worth pointing out considering you were the one getting emo about the Jets' history compared to a team that actually moved to Baltimore.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

It is a fact that this is what the NFL says.  It is also a fact that the supposed claim of their history is not what actually happened in the real world.  I mean, you could move and have your name legally changed, but it doesn't mean if someone else is born in your prior town with your old name, that magically makes them you and deserve credit/blame for everything you've done.

Not that it makes a difference, the Jets are historically awful regardless, but simply worth pointing out considering you were the one getting emo about the Jets' history compared to a team that actually moved to Baltimore. 

I wasn't aware I was getting "emo".  It is what it is.  Arguing that the Ravens have had success since the Browns moved there and that the "new Browns" haven't had success doesn't do much to help the argument that the Jets aren't at the bottom among NFL franchises. 

Nor does being better than Cleveland or Detroit do much for me anyways, personally.  Those are rough cities and its understandable why they've sucked for so long.  This is a New York franchise.  It should be much better.

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn't aware I was getting "emo".  It is what it is.  Arguing that the Ravens have had success since the Browns moved there and that the "new Browns" haven't had success doesn't do much to help the argument that the Jets aren't at the bottom among NFL franchises. 

Nor does being better than Cleveland or Detroit do much for me anyways, personally.  Those are rough cities and its understandable why they've sucked for so long.  This is a New York franchise.  It should be much better.

Like I said, none of this makes a difference to the Jets' awfulness, but simply pointed it out given you felt the need to harp on one particular team's 30+ year old performance, as if it somehow has greater meaning than having already been simply cited as the worst of the worst.  You were trying to be dramatic, but your argument was flawed, and well... I'm bored.