~ ~ jets fan base ranks in lower half of latest NFL fandom report : (

kelly

Jets fans are known as a passionate and sometimes rowdy bunch both at MetLife Stadium and on social media.

However, Emory University’s Goizueta School of Business’s latest NFL Fandom Report says otherwise.According to the report, New York’s fan base ranks No. 20 in the NFL. The study is broken down into three equities — fan, social and road. The Jets rank No. 13 in fan equity, 17 in social equity and 19 in road equity. In 2018, Gang Green was ranked No. 15 overall.

Not so surprisingly, the Dallas Cowboys come in at No. 1. The New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers round out the top five.Fittingly, the Jets will play every team in the top five this upcoming season. New York will also take on four other teams ranked ahead of them in the Buffalo Bills (No. 19), Washington Redskins (No. 11), Oakland Raiders (No. 17) and Baltimore Ravens (No. 18).

Jets fans will have the chance to make their mark in 2019 by turning MetLife Stadium into a place no opponent wants to play. With New York nearing a return to contender status, there should be plenty to cheer for.

>    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/25/new-york-jets-fans-fanbase-nfl-fandom-report/

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Giants

Packers 

Raiders. 

Those are the best National Fanbases. Packers booster clubs everywhere. 3 generations of developed Dal and Pitt fans. Half a billion people who's dads were giants fans. 10s of millions of low class Raiduhs fans just there for the costumes and black jerseys. 

Chiefs and Broncos are the best home crowds.

15ish is fair for the Jets.

Jaguars, Chargers, Panthers, Texans, Rams, Bucs barely have fan bases.

The Patriots "fans" are artificial,  bandwagon jumping tools. 20 years ago, that team was an afterthought....in Boston. Never mind nationally. 

I was a bartender there from 97 - 99. Nobody gave a crap about the NEP. To quote Crazy Nancy, "astroturf ". 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

These rankings are bullocks. The metrics they use to measure to measure loyalty are flawed. None of these metrics can actually tell you a fanbase is loyal. 

A good portion of Pats fans are bandwagoners, to describe the fanbase as loyal is a stretch. Do any of you actually think they would get close to the amount of fans and support that they get if they were as consistently bad as us? 

And as much as I dislike the Bills, ranking them outside the top 5 is very questionable, let alone number 19. Also Browns fans are some of the most vocal and loyal fans in the league. Just look at how they controlled things like "Player of the Week" this year. A bottom 10 ranking for them is laughable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Grandy said:

These rankings are bullocks. The metrics they use to measure to measure loyalty are flawed. None of these metrics can actually tell you a fanbase is loyal. 

A good portion of Pats fans are bandwagoners, to describe the fanbase as loyal is a stretch. Do any of you actually think they would get close to the amount of fans and support that they get if they were as consistently bad as us? 

And as much as I dislike the Bills, ranking them outside the top 5 is very questionable, let alone number 19. Also Browns fans are some of the most vocal and loyal fans in the league. Just look at how they controlled things like "Player of the Week" this year. A bottom 10 ranking for them is laughable. 

Without a doubt Browns fans are top 5. That fanbase loves that team. 

Surprised to see the Chiefs so low.

There’s really only a handful of fanbases that are bad. Most are solid and the difference between those fans is his good their team is that year.

There were no Pats fans until they brought in a bunch of cheating pieces of sh*t. 

Go to Gillette now and it’s filled with a bunch of drunken a-holes who have no idea who Steve Grogan or Andre Tippett is. 

Or Tony Eason for that matter. 

The dude that lost 2 less SBs than the current the cheater. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Giants

Packers 

Raiders. 

Those are the best National Fanbases. Packers booster clubs everywhere. 3 generations of developed Dal and Pitt fans. Half a billion people who's dads were giants fans. 10s of millions of low class Raiduhs fans just there for the costumes and black jerseys. 

Chiefs and Broncos are the best home crowds.

15ish is fair for the Jets.

Jaguars, Chargers, Panthers, Texans, Rams, Bucs barely have fan bases.

The Patriots "fans" are artificial,  bandwagon jumping tools. 20 years ago, that team was an afterthought....in Boston. Never mind nationally. 

I was a bartender there from 97 - 99. Nobody gave a crap about the NEP. To quote Crazy Nancy, "astroturf ". 

Rams don't  remotely fit into that category.

They have as big a national  fan base as  any popular old school team . Being one of the original 8, or 10. Of course fans were quiet  during this down period. But comparing them to Jags etc. Is Wayyyy off the mark. And over the next decade, their bandwagon  will get heavy. Just like the 50s to the 80s

Pats..sure, nationally not a big deal. Locally,  the Celtics, Bruins were doing enough to keep fans busy. They didn't  need Pats to be good. But notice how the Pats, Red Sox were conveniently on the upswing, while Celtics got quiet.   

Bandwagon isn't a negative  term to the league. Bandwagoners  are how the league makes billions on tickets, tv deals and merchandise. Of course it's a dumb term, like troll anyway.  It translates to: people smart enough to not waste life away watching losers for years. 

37 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Rams keep moving all over, alienating their fan bases every couple of decades. Time to rebuild again.. And over the next decade, their bandwagon  might slightly  increase, but not if they blew their one an only shot at a SB with their overrated HC and QB.

Pats..sure, nationally not a big deal. Locally,  the Celtics, Bruins were doing enough to keep fans busy. They didn't  need Pats to be good. But notice how the Pats, Red Sox were conveniently on the upswing, while Celtics got quiet. 

AND? LOL.

Bandwagon isn't a negative  term to the league. Bandwagoners  are how the league makes billions on tickets, tv deals and merchandise. Good for the clothes designers, but not great for a product historically based on fan loyalty

Of course it's a dumb term, like troll anyway. Says Troll....  It translates to: people with no integrity or character.  

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fixed.

Wrong. The product isnt  based on fan loyalty. It's'  entertainment . Its based on what's  hot now. Fans who only buy one teams product, don't buy as much as someone  buying different paraphernalia each year. Profit and revenue sharing means the league as whole doesn't  give a damn if the only thing they sold was Brady jerseys, nation wide.  They all still profit. The league still profits.  If no one buys a Darnold jersey from here on in..it doesn't  hurt the league  or the Jets. Bandwagon fans are happier  and smarter then loyal losers. Capitalism  and profit  sharing, say so.

NFL-TV contracts/money , nullify needing a long term , loyal, single team fan base. 

Every time the Rams move, they end up in a Championship. They've also won a championship in 3 cities. The only franchise  to do so. Maybe the Jets need to think about moving now.

If your a fan of a team that's has won just 4 divisions titles in 59 seasons, and your ranked low in some business school poll... I tell you one thing, it isn't because of your lacking in loyalty and passion.  I've watched this team since Coslet was coach .. frankly I do believe I am into some sort of psychological-masochistic torture ceremony though.  That is watching the Jets every ____ Sunday wherever I have lived.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2019 at 11:05 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dallas

Pittsburgh

GThe Patriots "fans" are artificial,  bandwagon jumping tools. 20 years ago, that team was an afterthought....in Boston. Never mind nationally. 

Exactly.  That's what winning will do.  The NY is dying to be Jets fans. That's why they make the big deal and light the damn Empire State building green as soon as we win a playoff game. If the Jets actually won a Super Bowl or had a 5 year stretch of Winning ala the Colts or Seahawks we would be the toast of the town and our real fans would stop being motivated to leave games in the 3rd quarter or sell the tix outright. 

It's been tough to be us. :) 

On 6/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, pdxgreen said:

If your a fan of a team that's has won just 4 divisions titles in 59 seasons, and your ranked low in some business school poll... I tell you one thing, it isn't because of your lacking in loyalty and passion.  I've watched this team since Coslet was coach .. frankly I do believe I am into some sort of psychological-masochistic torture ceremony though.  That is watching the Jets every ____ Sunday wherever I have lived.

I've been rooting for the Jets since 1974. I was 3 when I decided I liked "The green team the best". We left New York for Florida a couple of years later due to the City hiring freezes)brought on by disastrous policymaking).  I stuck with the Jets from the  1970s until now.... in South Florida, while in the Army,  living in Boston, living in SC, living in D.C., basically living everywhere but NY, but have still gone to Jets home and away games regularly....

And then some douchenozzle rich guy here, who hates the chant or when people stand to cheer during games and has season tix and a 30 minute drive to the games (when he bothers to go and doesn't sell out to opposing fans on stubhub) has the audacity to question my fandom. LOL. Now THATS rich...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Longevity plays a part too.
Seeing that 3 of the 5 are original NFL franchises.
The cheaters are there because everyone wants to be associated with a winner. The Cowboys are there because of marketing geniuses labeling them as America’s team in the 70s.
Imagine how high the Jets would be ranked if we actually made the playoffs more than once every 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Once we start winning and beating the snot out of people, our fan base standing will change big time. Speaking for myself, I pay MUCH more attention to the team when it is competitive and winning, then I do when they put forth the crap we have seen over the past few years. Beginning this season, I expect to see a much different, and much more competetive team on the field each week.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, ASH1962 said:

Once we start winning and beating the snot out of people, our fan base standing will change big time. Speaking for myself, I pay MUCH more attention to the team when it is competitive and winning, then I do when they put forth the crap we have seen over the past few years. Beginning this season, I expect to see a much different, and much more competetive team on the field each week.

i hope you're right ! 

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, Dcat said:

The fans were pretty good during the sack exchange years.  

Winning and excitement on the field will change the atmosphere quicker than most people think.  

agreed !.. hopefully we can start recording alot of W's... soon   ;)

cheers ~ ~

:beer:  

• Upvote 2