Jonah Williams to miss 2019 season

God damm!!!! This sucks so badly for the bengals!! It’s always terrible when the big first Rd pick goes down before the season. Reminds me of Fowler a few years back.

I really wanted the Heys to trade down and draft this kid and I was confident he would be the first T off of the board. Really too bad!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/25/bengals-expect-jonah-williams-to-miss-season/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

Bengals expect Jonah Williams to miss season

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2019, 2:33 PM EDT

gettyimages-1145132822-e1561487605705.jp
Getty Images

The Bengals are expected to lose their first-round draft pick for the entire 2019 season.

Cincinnati announced today that rookie left tackle Jonah Williams had shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum and is likely to miss the year. He was injured during a practice this month.

“We look forward to Jonah being a major contributor in the future, and know that he won’t let this injury deter him from still being an important part of this team,” Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said. “We’re confident in our offensive line personnel as we head into training camp, and we believe they can do their part in helping this team achieve its goals.”

Williams was an All-American at Alabama last season and the Bengals took him with the 11th overall pick in the draft. Cincinnati was expecting Williams to be a starter from Day One, but now that will wait until Day One of the 2020 season.

• Sympathy 1

God damm!!!! This sucks so badly for the bengals!! It’s always terrible when the big first Rd pick goes down before the season. Reminds me of Fowler a few years back.

I really wanted the Heys to trade down and draft this kid and I was confident he would be the first T off of the board. Really too bad!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/25/bengals-expect-jonah-williams-to-miss-season/amp/

Just saw other thread that was posted while I was writing this one. I was ninja’d good!

Mods please merge.

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Wow good thing jets didn’t draft this guy. I could imagine how this board would look today with this news if they did 

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

We would be chickens with our heads cut off if we had drafted him like some people wanted

Agreed. I'm sure glad we avoided that alternate history where the New York Jets draft Jonah Williams, only to see him get injured in the Cincinnati Bengals' OTA's.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just another reason I didnt want him further securing my draftnik legacy. 

j/k

Your instincts are to feel bad for the kid but at least he was a 1st round pick and got paid.  Brutal on the kids that go through the process, (which is non-stop the second college season ends), that dont go high or dont get draft but get their chance only to get injured.  It's damn near impossible to recover and bounce back when you're one of those examples.  At least if you're a 1st rounder, the team is committed to you.

Kevin Basped. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He was my target at 7-9 as well if we had been able to trade down. Terrible break for him.  I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Sympathy 1

Quite the history for them actually
19702F20-A556-4DF0-BAA3-EFE40D6C1EC5.thumb.jpeg.8d38f322ffd40bdb8c658e70434dfd91.jpeg

Wow man. Makes ya think something is going on over there. I wonder if it’s the same strength and conditioning coach and staff. That’s big.
I’d like to look into that if I had the time today. Anyone feel like checking that out?

Just another reason I didnt want him further securing my draftnik legacy. 
j/k
Your instincts are to feel bad for the kid but at least he was a 1st round pick and got paid.  Brutal on the kids that go through the process, (which is non-stop the second college season ends), that dont go high or dont get draft but get their chance only to get injured.  It's damn near impossible to recover and bounce back when you're one of those examples.  At least if you're a 1st rounder, the team is committed to you.

Agreed. I always think of that movie “the program” where that LB bought his mom the door knocker to the house he was going to buy her when he went pro. Then his knee got destroyed before he could make it. That’s the worst.

Jonah will be ok most likely but it still blows. It actually blows more for the bungles and their fans than anything else. He was going to be the starter in his rookie season.

I wanted him
Badly.

He was my target at 7-9 as well if we had been able to trade down. Terrible break for him.  I wish him a speedy recovery.

Yeah man. We were aligned there. It was Jonah, Bradbury or Cody Ford for me in the first. This is really sucky for him but mostly for the fans. It sucks to have your first rd pick go down before the season.

• Upvote 1

Wow man. Makes ya think something is going on over there. I wonder if it’s the same strength and conditioning coach and staff. That’s big.
I’d like to look into that if I had the time today. Anyone feel like checking that out?

I had the time. It’s a new strength and conditioning staff brought over from the university of Illinois. I guess there is no direct connection there. I thought I had something with that one.

I guess the only thing left to consider is that the bengals training facility is haunted. I wonder who their demonic possession coach is these days. Is it the same priest from the last few seasons?
Anyone want to check into that one for us?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed. I always think of that movie “the program” where that LB bought his mom the door knocker to the house he was going to buy her when he went pro. Then his knee got destroyed before he could make it. That’s the worst.

Jonah will be ok most likely but it still blows. It actually blows more for the bungles and their fans than anything else. He was going to be the starter in his rookie season.

I wanted him
Badly.

Yeah, they've been snake bitten lately for a team that's draft pretty well over the years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I had the time. It’s a new strength and conditioning staff brought over from the university of Illinois. I guess there is no direct connection there. I thought I had something with that one.

I guess the only thing left to consider is that the bengals training facility is haunted. I wonder who their demonic possession coach is these days. Is it the same priest from the last few seasons?
Anyone want to check into that one for us?

I think it's Cincinnati.  Bad luck happens to everyone that lives there and some who are just passing through.

Never except a layover in Cinci. 

• Haha 2