Best potential summer cuts/player-for-player trade candidates from other teams

On 6/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

So I guess there's no interest in the players from this list.  LOL. 

I'd be interested in the young Corners (Jones, Worley) and any of the above O-Line if they shake loose. 

even this?

LG Vlad Ducasse (31, 49.8)  --  $2M in cap savings, $83K in dead money?

On 6/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, JetFaninMI said:

like Snead from the Ravens. He has some speed but with Robbie here he may be redundant.

You can have more than one fast player on the team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Trent Williams if he is healthy would be nice.

He would be a nice get for, say a 3rd rounder.  And Trey Hopkins could be a steal since he's young and has literally played every offensive line position including center.  Problem is, Clint Boling just retired due to a blood clot issue and Hopkins can play his guard spot, making him more valuable to Bengals.

The Jets are one of three teams being mentioned as interested in trading for Duke Johnson. I know we have LeVeon Bell, but I'd love for Douglas to go get Duke to be that Darren Sproles type RB for the Jets. Tom Brady has Sony Michel and James White, so why not get LeVeon Bell and Duke Johnson for Darnold entering his 2nd season?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036801/article/stunner-packers-parting-ways-with-mike-daniels

Stunner! Packers parting ways with Mike Daniels

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer

The Green Bay Packers made a stunning cut ahead of training camp.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo first reported Wednesday that the Packer are releasing defensive lineman Mike Daniels, per a source informed of the decision.

Green Bay shopped the 2017 Pro Bowler, but couldn't find a trade partner, Garafolo added.

Daniels was due $8.1 million in 2019 in base salary and roster bonuses. The move saves the Packers $8.3 million in cap space this season, per Over The Cap.

The 30-year-old defensive lineman has spent his entire seven-year career with the Packers after being selected in the fourth round of the 2012 draft. When healthy, Daniels has been a bully in the middle of the Packers defense, compiling 29 sacks. The pocket-collapser generated 271 total QB pressures for his career, per Pro Football Focus.

Last season, the first in Mike Pettine's defense, Daniels participated in just 40 percent of the snaps while missing the final six games of the year with a foot injury.

Cutting Daniels comes a day after the Packers signed defensive end Dean Lowry to a three-year extension worth $20.325 million in new money, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday.

Given Daniels' ability as a pocket-pusher, he should have no troubles finding a landing spot. Garafolo mentioned the Cleveland Browns -- with the front-office ties to Green Bay and their previous pursuit of Gerald McCoy -- as one possible team that could be interested.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037564/article/cardinals-cut-former-firstrounder-robert-nkemdiche

Cardinals cut former first-rounder Robert Nkemdiche

• By Grant Gordon NFL.com
  • Published: July 27, 2019 at 09:36 p.m.
  • Updated: July 27, 2019 at 09:56 p.m.

Former first-round pick Robert Nkemdiche is no longer an Arizona Cardinal.

The team announced it released the defensive lineman on Saturday afternoon.

In three seasons, Nkemdiche played in just 27 games for Arizona.

With his release, Nkemdiche's time is up in Arizona following an underwhelming time for the Cardinals and horrendous final two months.

In early June, he was arrested for speeding and driving with a suspended license.

Nkemdiche was put on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list as he recovered from an ACL tear, but was also pronounced "not in shape" by head coach Kliff Kingsbury on Friday.

A day later and he's gone.

It culminates a three-year run that hardly lived up to expectations for the defensive lineman taken 29th overall in the 2016 NFL Draft out of Mississippi.

Nkemdiche is actually coming off his best season, as he started six games and tallied 4.5 sacks in 2018. Those were his only starts and sacks in his Cardinals career and that being his best showing is likely as emblematic as anything of his time in the desert.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, Raideraholic said:

d Worley isn’t getting cut by the Raiders. He will be one of the six cb’s.    Him and Conley will be the starting CB’s. Neither is Doug Martin whose the mentor for Josh Jacobs. Raiders RBs will be 1. Josh Jacobs 2. Doug Martin 3. jalen Richard 4 . Chris Warren 111 5. Fb Ingold/ k Smith  Rb Deandre Washington is trade bait or cut.

The cuts to watch are on the defensive tackle . Justin Ellis versus Eddy Vanderdoes . 

Another great call by Raideraholic.  

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 2.56.56 PM.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Another great call by Raideraholic.  

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 2.56.56 PM.png

Doug Martin is injured, and the  Raiders would have put him on Ir. He's looking to play, and they will  have injury settlement with .   So how was I wrong on an injured player.    The guy was healthy , and they cut him  than I would have been wrong. 

Lets see if CB D Worley gets cut.   Not happening. 

Doug Martin is injured, and the  Raiders would have put him on Ir. He's looking to play, and they will  have injury settlement with .   So how was I wrong on an injured player.    The guy was healthy , and they cut him  than I would have been wrong. 

Lets see if CB D Worley gets cut.   Not happening. 

So he wants to play, and the Raiders are paying him not to play.

Sounds like you got this one wrong. Josh Jacobs just lost his “mentor”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he wants to play, and the Raiders are paying him not to play.

Sounds like you got this one wrong. Josh Jacobs just lost his “mentor”.

If they wanted to just cut him , they would have saved themselves a lot of money.   By saying he's injury they have to pay him with injury settlement.    

By putting him on injured reserve today, he would be lost for the season.  If his shoulder injury is going to be healthy at some point, and he wants to play this year ,  than its in his best interest to ask for his release.       

The point here is there is a difference of a  guy not being ready to play today, versus being able to play in a couple of weeks.    That is the diffrence of me being right , versus being wrong.( he's injured).

Thats like me saying I told you Avery Williamson wasn't going to make the  roster.  He would have if he didn't get injured.  See the point,

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If they wanted to just cut him , they would have saved themselves a lot of money.   By saying he's injury they have to pay him with injury settlement.    

By putting him on injured reserve today, he would be lost for the season.  If his shoulder injury is going to be healthy at some point, and he wants to play this year ,  than its in his best interest to ask for his release.       

The point here is there is a difference of a  guy not being ready to play today, versus being able to play in a couple of weeks.    That is the diffrence of me being right , versus being wrong.( he's injured).

Thats like me saying I told you Avery Williamson wasn't going to make the  roster.  He would have if he didn't get injured.  See the point,

Given Doug Martin's injury history, no one should have signed on to a guy being the RB2 and "mentor" to the starter.  It's like banking on Gary Busey to get sober.  

On 6/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Here are some veteran players across the league who it would make sense for teams to cut OR trade in a player-for-player move this summer, given their cap savings and position on the depth chart.  I've included their age and 2018 PFF grades. 

Any names of interest on the list below?

Dolphins

• DT Akeem Spence (27, 55.8)  --  $3.25M in cap savings

1h1 hour ago More

Dolphins Released DT Akeem Spence, Waived/Injured LB Chase Allen http://bit.ly/32aSzdF  #Dolphins

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Aside from getting Trent Williams, I cant see us making any meaningful upgrades on offense. 

On defense, we just need to go to town on any young corners with promise. We have 3 corners that should be on the roster. Need another 3. 

I think I'm in the minority but I don't see a big trade for Trent Williams a great idea.  Beachum isn't great but he's been very solid when healthy. I'd rather use next year's 1st round pick to find a young, franchise-caliber LT that we can have on a 5-year rookie deal at relatively low cost.  I think we get by one more year with Beachum.

I also like our depth on the OLine now.  It's not spectacular but it's a monumental improvement from where it was.  Having guys like Compton, Edoga, Alex Lewis, Jonathan Harrison as backups is soooo much better than having any of them starting.  But all have gotten good experience this preseason.

In looking at our Top 9 or 10 OLineman (starters and backups) I'd say we've got a B or B- group there.  Upgrading Winters would have made it a solid B in my opinion, and when we find our next, young franchise LT it'll be a B+.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I think I'm in the minority but I don't see a big trade for Trent Williams a great idea.  Beachum isn't great but he's been very solid when healthy. I'd rather use next year's 1st round pick to find a young, franchise-caliber LT that we can have on a 5-year rookie deal at relatively low cost.  I think we get by one more year with Beachum.

Problem is we're likely going to end up with a draft pick somewhere in the 12-18 range.  That might be too late to get a franchise LT.  We may end up drafting a WR in Rd 1, since that might be the deeper position.  

With Beachum all but gone after this season, we should at least be thinking about a veteran upgrade, even if its not Trent Williams.    

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem is we're likely going to end up with a draft pick somewhere in the 12-18 range.  That might be too late to get a franchise LT.  We may end up drafting a WR in Rd 1, since that might be the deeper position.  

With Beachum all but gone after this season, we should at least be thinking about a veteran upgrade, even if its not Trent Williams.    

I think we'll do okay.  It's apparently a deep draft for Offense next year including both WR and OT.  While we may not find a premiere, franchise type guy like Orlando Pace (#1) or even a D'Brick (#5) I saw good OTs going in the middle of the 1st in recent years.  Guys like Dillard, Tunsil, etc. are quality OTs taken later than the Top 10 (gas mask excluded! :D ).

I'm even excited about the potential of a guy like Edoga who was found in the middle rounds and could be a starting RT by 2020.  Even the Jets found Jason Fabinin in Round 4 if I remember correctly and he started at LT for 5+ years.

In Joe We Trust, my friend!