How much do you care about the Jets?

jgb

Which best describes you?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Tell it

• Live and die by this team. A loss sends me into a tailspin for the whole week.
    • Care deeply. A win gives me a buzz and a loss wrecks my mood for a few days.
    • I care. Love a win but only embarrassing blowouts really piss me off.
    • There are other things in life. A win is great and a loss sucks but come Monday life goes on.
    • t0m shane

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are 18,000 PSL owners who write season ticket checks to the tune of about $5,000 to the Jets every April.

They are the ones who care about the Jets.

SAR I

Maybe they’re just protecting their “investment.”

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Meh

A high % are corporate who give the seats to visiting clients.

Tax write offs.

So same motivation as Woody. He is the Max Bialystock of the NFL—figured out a long time ago you can make a bigger profit in the NFL fielding a cheap loser rather than an expensive winner, with a lot more margin for error.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

are you a “real jets fan?”

I truly wish the Redskins had a better name (and owner, and roster and color scheme and logo.....) so I could abandon this sh*t-show of a franchise and finally watch home games on local TV or at the stadium in the area I've lived 3/4 of my life in.  If we ever get a Richmond Generals expansion franchise I'm soooooo out.

Sadly, none of that will ever happen, so I guess the 40-odd years of hardcore fandom I've invested in the Jets will simply have to continue unabated.....

(Voted Cares Deeply, because I do).

Should have an option for the trolls who stop by every now and then.

I’m a hardcore bell weather fan.  Let me explain. Love this team. I’m usually super positive before the season. During the season as things get bad, I start to lose my sh*t. I then hit this braking point and say the hell with it. At that point, I call it a day until the combines.  

So basically, weeks 1-3 I’m option 1. Weeks 4-6 I’m option 2. So on and so forth.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I care about the Jets like an alcoholic cares about his next drink. 

Do you care as much about them as you do hearing a Dead show at Harpur College on 5/15/1970?

(Pssst, you shouldn't.  That show is bonkers bro).

• Upvote 3

For me it depends on expectations for the season. Depending on the situation I can care a lot and other times I'm not that affected. So I put 2

I told myself beforehand last year we had a Rookie QB and a bottom 10 roster, so we're most likely not going to be very good. Last year I actually cared more about Darnold doing good than the team winning. 

But on the contrary, I was so happy and excited about our amazing roster and pundits giving us SB predictions pre-2011 that when we flamed out the final 3 of that season, it dealt a blow to my fandom that I only recently regained.

• Upvote 1

I care a lot. Read as much as I can and don't miss games. Season ticket / psl holder. Wins can keep me amped up for the rest of the week as I look forward to the next game. Losses I tend to shake off much quicker than I used to.

It's either because I'm older or because the team has led me to heavily self medicate. 

• Sympathy 1

I’m 52 and Had 5 kids in the hope that at least someone from my lineage makes it . 

Assuming Darnold Pans out... and bell stays healthy - we could become contenders by next season (I say next season cuz our OL is still meh) - they need to draft OT/OG in first 2-3 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There are 18,000 PSL owners who write season ticket checks to the tune of about $5,000 to the Jets every April.

They are the ones who care about the Jets.

SAR I

In my 40th year of season tickets, so I guess I would qualify as someone who cares about the Jets.? During that time, we've had from 4 to 10 seats at a time. Right now we're at 5. Did the math at the end of last year. The average bill I've sent to the Jets over the years has worked out to about $7500/year, including playoff tix( yes, we have had some home playoff games.)  I figure I've sent the Jets enough $ over the years to send 5-6 kids through college.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So same motivation as Woody. He is the Max Bialystock of the NFL—figured out a long time ago you can make a bigger profit in the NFL fielding a cheap loser rather than an expensive winner, with a lot more margin for error.

Love that. A perfect summation of our a-hole Owner.

• Sympathy 1