jgb

How much do you care about the Jets?

Which best describes you?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Tell it

• Live and die by this team. A loss sends me into a tailspin for the whole week.
    • Care deeply. A win gives me a buzz and a loss wrecks my mood for a few days.
    • I care. Love a win but only embarrassing blowouts really piss me off.
    • There are other things in life. A win is great and a loss sucks but come Monday life goes on.
    • t0m shane

are you a “real jets fan?”

• Haha 3

There are 18,000 PSL owners who write season ticket checks to the tune of about $5,000 to the Jets every April.

They are the ones who care about the Jets.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 10

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are 18,000 PSL owners who write season ticket checks to the tune of about $5,000 to the Jets every April.

SAR I

Maybe they’re just protecting their “investment.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Meh

A high % are corporate who give the seats to visiting clients.

Tax write offs.

So same motivation as Woody. He is the Max Bialystock of the NFL—figured out a long time ago you can make a bigger profit in the NFL fielding a cheap loser rather than an expensive winner, with a lot more margin for error.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

are you a “real jets fan?”

I truly wish the Redskins had a better name (and owner, and roster and color scheme and logo.....) so I could abandon this sh*t-show of a franchise and finally watch home games on local TV or at the stadium in the area I've lived 3/4 of my life in.  If we ever get a Richmond Generals expansion franchise I'm soooooo out.

Sadly, none of that will ever happen, so I guess the 40-odd years of hardcore fandom I've invested in the Jets will simply have to continue unabated.....

(Voted Cares Deeply, because I do).

• Sad 1

Should have an option for the trolls who stop by every now and then.

I’m a hardcore bell weather fan.  Let me explain. Love this team. I’m usually super positive before the season. During the season as things get bad, I start to lose my sh*t. I then hit this braking point and say the hell with it. At that point, I call it a day until the combines.  

So basically, weeks 1-3 I’m option 1. Weeks 4-6 I’m option 2. So on and so forth.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

1st option because I'm the biggest Jets fan in the world and there is no close 2nd.

3 votes???!!!!

Who dares claim they're as big of a Jets fan as me?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I care about the Jets like an alcoholic cares about his next drink. 

Do you care as much about them as you do hearing a Dead show at Harpur College on 5/15/1970?

(Pssst, you shouldn't.  That show is bonkers bro).

• Upvote 3

A jet loss is not wrecking anyones mood for days or weeks.  Come on dude.  If they lose it sucks for a little bit and its over.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 4

For me it depends on expectations for the season. Depending on the situation I can care a lot and other times I'm not that affected. So I put 2

I told myself beforehand last year we had a Rookie QB and a bottom 10 roster, so we're most likely not going to be very good. Last year I actually cared more about Darnold doing good than the team winning. 

But on the contrary, I was so happy and excited about our amazing roster and pundits giving us SB predictions pre-2011 that when we flamed out the final 3 of that season, it dealt a blow to my fandom that I only recently regained.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Summary of early results of this poll: no one wants to be @T0mShane

Upon further consideration, I wish to change my vote.

• Haha 3

Very emotionally invested in jets. Root for em no matter what, go to games whether they having a sh*t season or not. Will always love the jets. My dad didn’t live to see them win a 2nd. Hopefully I do.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

I care a lot. Read as much as I can and don't miss games. Season ticket / psl holder. Wins can keep me amped up for the rest of the week as I look forward to the next game. Losses I tend to shake off much quicker than I used to.

It's either because I'm older or because the team has led me to heavily self medicate. 

• Like 1

I used to be in the "care deeply" category but their consistent bumbling and stupidity over the years has definitely tempered my fandom.  Now I'd say I'm in the "I care" category.

• Upvote 3

I've progressed downward through these options as time passes. I'm about another half-decade or so away from Tom Shane territory at the current pace.

• Haha 1

I’m 52 and Had 5 kids in the hope that at least someone from my lineage makes it . 

Assuming Darnold Pans out... and bell stays healthy - we could become contenders by next season (I say next season cuz our OL is still meh) - they need to draft OT/OG in first 2-3 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

In my 40th year of season tickets, so I guess I would qualify as someone who cares about the Jets.😀 During that time, we've had from 4 to 10 seats at a time. Right now we're at 5. Did the math at the end of last year. The average bill I've sent to the Jets over the years has worked out to about $7500/year, including playoff tix( yes, we have had some home playoff games.)  I figure I've sent the Jets enough $ over the years to send 5-6 kids through college.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Phuck off

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So same motivation as Woody. He is the Max Bialystock of the NFL—figured out a long time ago you can make a bigger profit in the NFL fielding a cheap loser rather than an expensive winner, with a lot more margin for error.

Love that. A perfect summation of our a-hole Owner.

• Like 1

I cared more when I was younger. At least I sit down to watch the Games now. I can even watch them with other people if I only drink beer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

less than I used to...

This, now I’m just care very deeply instead of live and die.