How much do you care about the Jets?

jgb

Which best describes you?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Tell it

• Live and die by this team. A loss sends me into a tailspin for the whole week.
    • Care deeply. A win gives me a buzz and a loss wrecks my mood for a few days.
    • I care. Love a win but only embarrassing blowouts really piss me off.
    • There are other things in life. A win is great and a loss sucks but come Monday life goes on.
    • t0m shane

1 hour ago, section314 said:

In my 40th year of season tickets, so I guess I would qualify as someone who cares about the Jets.? During that time, we've had from 4 to 10 seats at a time. Right now we're at 5. Did the math at the end of last year. The average bill I've sent to the Jets over the years has worked out to about $7500/year, including playoff tix( yes, we have had some home playoff games.)  I figure I've sent the Jets enough $ over the years to send 5-6 kids through college.

Good job. You are a bigger fan than even me. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

As you get older you will find the number of your passions and friends will be diminished but those passions and friendship bonds get deeper. 

I call it pruning the bushes.

Don't have time for superfluous acquaintances or teams.  

While I used to have a bunch of teams I passionately followed, over the years I’ve cut back a lot. 

The Jets are now clearly the team I care most about and am most heavily invested in. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

There are 18,000 PSL owners who write season ticket checks to the tune of about $5,000 to the Jets every April.

They are the ones who care about the Jets.

SAR I

Nah, many of them are the weak ones who sell their tickets when it’s cold or there is a little sprinkle. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A jet loss is not wrecking anyones mood for days or weeks.  Come on dude.  If they lose it sucks for a little bit and its over.

Fake fan. Your account has been identified for purging 

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A jet loss is not wrecking anyones mood for days or weeks.  Come on dude.  If they lose it sucks for a little bit and its over.

seriously....if a bunch of grown men  who you don't know and aren't family losing a football game wrecks your mood for days you need to reevaluate life

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I used to care a lot. Now, with two young kids, and nearly a decade of the Jets being barely competitive, I care a lot less.

However I will admit that I'm very excited for this season.

Like a recovering crack addict. Can be clean for ten years but walk by the wrong alley...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

seriously....if a bunch of grown men  who you don't know and aren't family losing a football game wrecks your mood for days you need to reevaluate life

What about someone who posts 10,000 messages on a football team forum?

My girlfriend in 86 witnessed my Jets fandom when I literally lost my sh*t after losing to Cleveland in the playoffs after being up 10 when Freeman trotted into the endzone & the announcer basically proclaimed the Jets winners. 

Then Gastineau did the unthinkable roughing Kosar & gave them life. Most painful Jet loss ever for me after Shula leaving the tarp off in 82. 

Now, I calmly watch with occasionally outburst of WTF, but anyone who believes the NFL isn't slanted towards top teams hasn't paid attention. It's gotten closer to WWF. Never fails...underdog jumps on favorite, a few holding calls deep in their own end or PI calls on defense & wouldn't you know it but big Mo has been shifted and no one can leave their seat & miss those commercials. Praying for Darnold to be a quiet star, worthy of the same treatment anointed to top QBs in the league. Did anyone think Fitz or McCown were going to propped up as "faces of the league"?

Hard to get help from the officials when your looked at as the Washington Generals of the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So, the Jets have averaged 9.7 losses per year over the last ten years and some of you guys still let this time upset you for days at a time after each of those 9.7 losses? What’s wrong with you? 

On the bright side, they’ve only averaged 3.4 embarrassing blowout losses per year so 10% of us are relatively well-adjusted.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

My girlfriend in 86 witnessed my Jets fandom when I literally lost my sh*t after losing to Cleveland in the playoffs after being up 10 when Freeman trotted into the endzone & the announcer basically proclaimed the Jets winners. 

Then Gastineau did the unthinkable roughing Kosar & gave them life. Most painful Jet loss ever for me after Shula leaving the tarp off in 82. 

Now, I calmly watch with occasionally outburst of WTF, but anyone who believes the NFL isn't slanted towards top teams hasn't paid attention. It's gotten closer to WWF. Never fails...underdog jumps on favorite, a few holding calls deep in their own end or PI calls on defense & wouldn't you know it but big Mo has been shifted and no one can leave their seat & miss those commercials. Praying for Darnold to be a quiet star, worthy of the same treatment anointed to top QBs in the league. Did anyone think Fitz or McCown were going to propped up as "faces of the league"?

Hard to get help from the officials when your looked at as the Washington Generals of the league.

I was 8 for that one, and my brother still reminds me how I cried myself to sleep that night

havent been that upset about a game since

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I think I became a lot less passionate over the past 7 years of watching them trot out Geno and Fitz and McCown but now that we’ve finally hit on the QB I’m finding myself much more engaged. 

I watched a lot more college football over the prior 6-7 years looking for our QB. 

After we drafted Sam I watched a lot less college.