PFF ranks the Jets roster at 31

17 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Who would YOU have drafted instead of Q at #3 ? You NEVER did say and I've been asking you since the draft.

Ed Oliver > Josh Allen > TJ Hockenson

Personally

But I love Q.  He's adorable.  Really hope he's more than just a clog in the line.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

First Matt Leinart.  Then Marcus Mariota.  @T0mShane is nearing @Pac levels of QB evaluation.  

I actually remember when Tom suggested Mariota and my initial reaction was loud laughter and a hell no.  He also suggested RGIII while in school too.  Which I gave a similar response. 

Ironically, when I was beating the table for Watson and everyone was like, OH HELL NO, HE'S A 4th ROUND TALENT, LOOK AT HIS MPH!!!!  The question I kept posing was, how is he a worse prospect than Mariota?  People laughed at that too.

Dont worry, Joe and I have been texting since he got hired.  We're in good hands now.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ed Oliver > Josh Allen > TJ Hockenson

Personally

But I love Q.  He's adorable.  Really hope he's more than just a clog in the line.  

I love the fact that we drafted Q. Seemed like the logical choice since we couldn't trade down. Would have been happy with him or Oliver . I was never sold on Allen especially at #3. . Shame didn't like the Q pick but, unlike you, he never would commit to who he would have picked. Typical of that kind, easier to throw stones than come up with an alternative.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

First Matt Leinart.  Then Marcus Mariota.  @T0mShane is nearing @Pac levels of QB evaluation.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I actually remember when Tom suggested Mariota and my initial reaction was loud laughter and a hell no.  He also suggested RGIII while in school too.  Which I gave a similar response. 

Ironically, when I was beating the table for Watson and everyone was like, OH HELL NO, HE'S A 4th ROUND TALENT, LOOK AT HIS MPH!!!!  The question I kept posing was, how is he a worse prospect than Mariota?  People laughed at that too.

Dont worry, Joe and I have been texting since he got hired.  We're in good hands now.

You idiot trolls. I HATED Mariota. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not totally sold on Watson. Semi critical year for him. Anxious to see how he does while hoping he stays injury free.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And these "Bowles was responsible for most of our problems" people continue to ignore the fact that no player the Jets have let go has gone on to success elsewhere in a very long time. 

Unless of course you count stocking AAF rosters as a positive. 

Thank you for saving me from having to repeat this for the millionth time.  Bowles sucking at his job doesn't change the awfulness of the overwhelming majority of players acquired by Mac.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree that we shouldn't be ranked 31st. But we're coming off yet another 4 win season. We still have a suspect O-Line, I love Sam but he's still unproven, we added an ILB and RB (who didn't play last year) but those aren't premium positions. We have a lot to prove still.

I think we have a chance to be good and surprise people but I can still see why people don't believe in us. We haven't given anyone a reason yet to believe we'll be a good team.

The biggest reason we won 4 games was Todd Bowles and he's gone.  People can question the talent all they want but 31 is insane.  

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The biggest reason we won 4 games was Todd Bowles and he's gone.  People can question the talent all they want but 31 is insane.  

We also lacked talent. We didn't just lose because of the coach, who was terrible. We weren't some really good team that was letdown by a bad coach. We were a bad team equally hurt by a bad coach.

The development of our young players is going to be really important in deciding how good we will be this year. But we earned the number 3rd overall pick after last year. We were bad.

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

IDK, maybe it's me.  I see a middle of the league roster.

If a few young players step up, Jets could surprise and go to the playoffs.  Just my opinion

It's middle of the league if everything goes right. Quinnen and Leo have to be impact players. Tru has to not be a disaster. Robby has to improve, Crowder and Enunwa have to not get injured. KO has to return to form. Bell has to perform up to his contract. If all of those things happen then we are middle of the pack before we know how much Darnold has improved. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It's middle of the league if everything goes right. Quinnen and Leo have to be impact players. Tru has to not be a disaster. Robby has to improve, Crowder and Enunwa have to not get injured. KO has to return to form. Bell has to perform up to his contract. If all of those things happen then we are middle of the pack before we know how much Darnold has improved. 

Think if all those things happen, and Darnold improves Jets are a dangerous play-off team

• Upvote 3

Leading with the safeties as your main strength is as preposterous as ranking the Jets at 31 overall. Darnold, not Adams, is the strength which this team will be led.  I believe we are better than numerous teams like the Bucs, Dolphins, Bills, 49er’s, Bengals, Raiders, Cardinals, Giants, Lions, Broncos, Redskins,  Titans. We’ve added some good offensive weapons, have a better HC and DC and Sam is going into his 2nd year. I’d rank us at 20.

• Sympathy 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:19 PM, NYJ1 said:

That's about right. The Jets have a very untalented roster. Mac aimed for cheap sh*t and that's exactly what he got.

It's like he decided to decorate his house with a furniture set from Kmart. You get what you pay for.

15 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We also lacked talent. We didn't just lose because of the coach, who was terrible. We weren't some really good team that was letdown by a bad coach. We were a bad team equally hurt by a bad coach.

The development of our young players is going to be really important in deciding how good we will be this year. But we earned the number 3rd overall pick after last year. We were bad.

We weren't loaded with talent but we with a decent coach we won 2-3 more per year.  This offseason we really stepped up in talent, combine that with the young players like Sam, Adams, etc... and it's ludicrous to have us at 31.

7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Leading with the safeties as your main strength is as preposterous as ranking the Jets at 31 overall. Darnold, not Adams, is the strength which this team will be led.  I believe we are better than numerous teams like the Bucs, Dolphins, Bills, 49er’s, Bengals, Raiders, Cardinals, Giants, Lions, Broncos, Redskins,  Titans. We’ve added some good offensive weapons, have a better HC and DC and Sam is going into his 2nd year. I’d rank us at 20.

Get real boy wonder. The Jets aren't better than the Raiders .    The Jets big Freeagent additions were at Rb( can get equal production from the draft as that's the easiest transition to make coming from college that's there is no need to overspend in FA( Gase knows this), and at middle Lb . ( the NFL is a passing league , and your draft resources/  money would have been better used  on Cb's , offense line, and pass rushing Olb's. 

yes the Jets will be much more stout against the run , but this isn't the 1980's anymore .   The NFL is pass happy league . Better have offense line that can protect your Qb, CB, and lb's that can cover, and pass rushers who can consistently get to the Qb.

You take history so you learn from past mistakes.  The Jets haven't learned anything from the past -loading up on just defensive tackles .   That didn't work before with better DT talent, but it's going to work now?  Good luck.

• Thumb Down 1

Football is a team sport no matter how they try to isolate players contributions.

A team with a bad record is going to have almost exclusively bad player ratings. How have they done predicting teams that have turn around seasons?  That's a rhetorical question. They've been horrible. If you cannot replicate results then it is not science. 

O line, receivers, and RBs all rely on a QB making quick reliable reads and a coaching staff putting them in a position to succeed.  Therefore if you have, say a rookie QB, and a predictable coach you're probably going to grade lower. If you have a Tom Brady you'll probably do better. Offense will also perform better if the defense gets off the field and keeps a lead.

A defense will grade out better if the offense has less 3 and outs and if they have a lead. Good communication is a key as well as getting pressure on the QB. Blitzing without success is a killer, and has killed us in the past. 

Then there are FAs that had down years and weak links such a a center that can't snap the ball. 

I would say this season's total grade will rely mostly on Darnold progressing as most of us think he will, and Mosley getting the defense working on the same page. 

I'm here predicting that they each can raise everyone's grade 10 to 20 points...except for the safeties grade which probably increases with confusion. 

I predict the safety's grades will decline by 5-10 points because they won't need to be relied upon as much. 

54 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Get real boy wonder. The Jets aren't better than the Raiders .    The Jets big Freeagent additions were at Rb( can get equal production from the draft as that's the easiest transition to make coming from college that's there is no need to overspend in FA( Gase knows this), and at middle Lb . ( the NFL is a passing league , and your draft resources/  money would have been better used  on Cb's , offense line, and pass rushing Olb's. 

yes the Jets will be much more stout against the run , but this isn't the 1980's anymore .   The NFL is pass happy league . Better have offense line that can protect your Qb, CB, and lb's that can cover, and pass rushers who can consistently get to the Qb.

You take history so you learn from past mistakes.  The Jets haven't learned anything from the past -loading up on just defensive tackles .   That didn't work before with better DT talent, but it's going to work now?  Good luck.

Have you ever once considered your historical blunders before making the same errors in judgement? 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

RRRRRaiders SUCK

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Yet you are starting Worley?  

The Jets aren't better than the Raiders .

I suspect that this year, Darnold will be >>>>>>>>>> Carr. That'll be the difference. 

The Jets big Freeagent additions were at Rb( can get equal production from the draft as that's the easiest transition to make coming from college that's there is no need to overspend in FA

You're not getting equal production to Le'Veon Bell in the draft unless you draft a RB #2 overall. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2019 at 9:51 AM, SAR I said:

Then they're going to be terribly embarrassed in January when we make the playoffs.

SAR I

No they aren't. They already got a ton a clicks from outraged people from the NFL's largest market. Thats all they are going for.

• Upvote 2

I would have ranked the Jets at 31 last year, but with the addition of Bell, Mosely, Crowder, Osemele, and Q Williams, they should be ranked higher this year.  At the end of the day, the Jets need to prove it on the field so I don't really have any issues with it.

OL and CB are the biggest concerns in my opinion.

If Darnold takes a step forward and develops into a top 5 or 10 QB, he's going to make everyone else look better.  He's the key.

It all comes down to proving it on the field. This team hasn't had a respectable record since 2015. They have talent, they have a promising young QB. But they still have some big holes. Hopefully a new coach with an offensive mind will help. I like the new GM but the majority of the off season work was done before he arrived. This is going to be a very interesting season.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:38 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

And these "Bowles was responsible for most of our problems" people continue to ignore the fact that no player the Jets have let go has gone on to success elsewhere in a very long time. 

Unless of course you count stocking AAF rosters as a positive. 

Coaching is more important in football than any other sports.  I’m not even saying we had a good roster we had an average roster Bowles made worse just like Kotite made the same roster Parcells went 9-7 with go 1-15 just months before

On 6/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Thank you for saving me from having to repeat this for the millionth time.  Bowles sucking at his job doesn't change the awfulness of the overwhelming majority of players acquired by Mac.

Stop...Please. Joe Gibbs beat the regular Dallas Cowboys squad with REPLACEMENTS! Coaching matters...BIG.