PFF ranks the Jets roster at 31

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jets were a 7-9 or 8-8 roster last year. Bowles forgot to gameplan for Matt friggin Barkley

Not seeing it bud. Not with a rook QB, garbage OL, and really lackluster weapons. Agree Bowles was part of the problem (a big part) but this was a bottom barrel squad talent wise.

20 hours ago, slats said:

I suspect that this year, Darnold will be >>>>>>>>>> Carr. That'll be the difference. 

You're not getting equal production to Le'Veon Bell in the draft unless you draft a RB #2 overall. 

Hey you can dream that Darnold will be better than Carr with inferior offense line / Wr corps/ offense weapons.  Your bigtime addition on offense line KO doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme ( why you think you were able to get him so cheap-  now Jets were predominately a power man on man blocking scheme that would be different.( that isn't the case). 

Second this is Darnold first year in Gase offense.( probably going to take him  two years before he's totally comfortable in that offense).   This is Derek Carr second year in J Gruden offense.( knows it very well- big difference).   

Darnold trying to get to three thousand yard season , while Carr looking for 5,000 yard season.  Don't be surprised if Derek Carr is the NFL league Mvp.( didn't get hurt could have won it in 2016) .

Josh Jacobs can do everything that L Bell can do-( has the way better offense line he's running behind- makes all the difference)  He younger, and has less wear and tear . Don't be surprised if he's the offensive rookie of the year. Again RB position is the easiest transition to make going from college to the pro's.

Btw Josh Jacobs won't be seeing too many eight man in the box.  Or you will be seeing a lot of quick touchdowns  for the Raiders.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Second this is Darnold first year in Gase offense.( probably going to take him  two years before he's totally comfortable in that offense).   This is Derek Carr second year in J Gruden offense.( knows it very well- big difference).   

Yeah, like the way Goff struggled going from Fischer to McVay or Trubisky struggled going from Fox to Nagy? So many examples out there proving your point. Darnold led the league over the last month of last season with Todd Bowles as head coach, Eli McGuire his primary RB, and throwing to guys like Andre Roberts and Deontay Burnett straight off the practice squad. An offensive head coach, additions like Bell (a little better than McGuire) and Crowder, there's a lot of reason for optimism around Darnold who was a better prospect coming out than either Goff or Trubisky. Or Carr. 

Don't be surprised if Derek Carr is the NFL league Mvp.( didn't get hurt could have won it in 2016) .

You'll forgive if I tell you that would be absolutely shocking. Gruden has a long way to go before his return to the Raiders isn't often compared to Gibbs return to Washington. 

Darnold trying to get to three thousand yard season , while Carr looking for 5,000 yard season.

Lol, Carr broke 4000 yards for the first time last year by just 49 yards. Now he's a 5000 yard guy? Try to get a hold of yourself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, DoubleDown said:

I would have ranked the Jets at 31 last year, but with the addition of Bell, Mosely, Crowder, Osemele, and Q Williams, they should be ranked higher this year.  At the end of the day, the Jets need to prove it on the field so I don't really have any issues with it.

OL and CB are the biggest concerns in my opinion.

If Darnold takes a step forward and develops into a top 5 or 10 QB, he's going to make everyone else look better.  He's the key.

Honestly, other than Mosley those are all serious question marks.  We don’t know if Bell goes back to his old form, or if Williams will be any good.  Crowder needs to show chemistry with Darnold and that he can function in a new system etc etc

i never make too many assumptions so far from training camp.  Historically there are always surprising cuts to would be stars.

16 hours ago, slats said:

Yeah, like the way Goff struggled going from Fischer to McVay or Trubisky struggled going from Fox to Nagy? So many examples out there proving your point. Darnold led the league over the last month of last season with Todd Bowles as head coach, Eli McGuire his primary RB, and throwing to guys like Andre Roberts and Deontay Burnett straight off the practice squad. An offensive head coach, additions like Bell (a little better than McGuire) and Crowder, there's a lot of reason for optimism around Darnold who was a better prospect coming out than either Goff or Trubisky. Or Carr. 

You'll forgive if I tell you that would be absolutely shocking. Gruden has a long way to go before his return to the Raiders isn't often compared to Gibbs return to Washington. 

Lol, Carr broke 4000 yards for the first time last year by just 49 yards. Now he's a 5000 yard guy? Try to get a hold of yourself. 

You're making a lot of assumptions , that just because some Qbs were able to thrive in a new offense that it will be that case with Sam Darnold.( Jets offense line is garbage, and the Jets weapons are bottom tier.  Gase isn't any where close to the play caller those other guys were.

Second who cares where Carr was drafted in comparison to Sam Darnold. ( doesn't make him a better Qb). See Tom Brady, A Rodgers , Russell Wilson , Etc.  How many Qb bust who were so called better prospects than these Qb. lmao

Lets see D Carr who might have won league MVP in 2016 if he didn't get hurt.   Let's see he threw for 4,000 yards last year in the first year in Gruden's offense despite playing behind an offense line that was devastated by injury ( R Hudson was the only one who was healthy, started two rookie tackles and where the rookie LT played most of the season with torn Mcl ) , and his offensive weapons that were subpar.

Lets see totally revamped there Wr corps ( A Brown, Tyrell Williams , K Doss, H Renfrow , Jj Nelson / R Gafford) -all new additions .    Upgraded their RB position - Josh Jacobs can do it all, and Chris Warren 111 .       Bigtime upgrade on the offense line( easily top five offense line)  .  Rt - Trent Brown 6'8 380 - just so massive that almost impossible to get around him.    Lg R Incognito is a big upgrade from K Osenele. Fits the zone blocking scheme better than Osemele- You Will find out the hard way what I'm talking about.

Yes with the major upgrade on the offense line, and the weapons they added on offense it's quite possible for him to throw for 5,000 yards.    Not to mention the defense will be much improved, that they will get the ball back more times for the offense.  Let's see Darnold throw for three thousand yards first.( before you get his gold jacket made)

Also teams will take away Darnold ability to roll out. The more Darnold elects to run around behind a shaky offense line, the better chance he's going to get hurt.  Gase like to keep defense honest, and loves  to run the Qb.  Sooner or later it's going to blow up in the Jets face. 

The beauty of sports is everyone has an opinion, and we will see what happens when the games are played.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You're making a lot of assumptions

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Lets see D Carr who might have won league MVP in 2016 if he didn't get hurt.

Derek Carr started 15 games that year, it's not like his season was cut dramatically short. Matt Ryan won the league MVP that season throwing for 1000 more yards and 10 more TDs than Carr despite Carr being one of the least sacked QBs in the league that year. He wasn't in anyone's conversation for league MVP except among the voices in your head. 

Last year, Derek Carr had a total QBR of 49.3. His fifth season in the league at the age of 27. Sam Darnold was the youngest rookie QB to start a season opener since (at least) the 1970 merger having turned 21 the previous June. He finished the year with a total QBR of 47.9, doing that behind that terrible OL and throwing to those crappy weapons that you love to talk about. Over the last month of the season, Sam led the league in total QBR with a rating over 80, all while his top two RBs and two of his top 3 WRs were out. 

I have a lot of reasons to believe that Sam can take a major step forward after watching him do exactly that at the end of last year with bad coaching and no supporting cast around him. 

I also have a lot of reasons to believe that Carr is basically Andy Dalton; too good to dump, not good enough to get you anywhere. I think Gruden knows it, too, which is why you heard rumors of the Raiders looking at QBs in the 2019 draft. If Kyler Murray had been available at #4 this year, he's the guy you'd be pimping to me right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, slats said:

Derek Carr started 15 games that year, it's not like his season was cut dramatically short. Matt Ryan won the league MVP that season throwing for 1000 more yards and 10 more TDs than Carr despite Carr being one of the least sacked QBs in the league that year. He wasn't in anyone's conversation for league MVP except among the voices in your head. 

Last year, Derek Carr had a total QBR of 49.3. His fifth season in the league at the age of 27. Sam Darnold was the youngest rookie QB to start a season opener since (at least) the 1970 merger having turned 21 the previous June. He finished the year with a total QBR of 47.9, doing that behind that terrible OL and throwing to those crappy weapons that you love to talk about. Over the last month of the season, Sam led the league in total QBR with a rating over 80, all while his top two RBs and two of his top 3 WRs were out. 

I have a lot of reasons to believe that Sam can take a major step forward after watching him do exactly that at the end of last year with bad coaching and no supporting cast around him. 

I also have a lot of reasons to believe that Carr is basically Andy Dalton; too good to dump, not good enough to get you anywhere. I think Gruden knows it, too, which is why you heard rumors of the Raiders looking at QBs in the 2019 draft. If Kyler Murray had been available at #4 this year, he's the guy you'd be pimping to me right now. 

Agree about Carr he has been exposed as a low ceiling guy.  Last year he was another dunk and dunk Ryan Tannehill type

Maybe Antonio Brown changes that who knows 

10 hours ago, slats said:

Total QBR is a totally made up stat. 

He had a QB rating of 93.4, 4000 yards and about a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. 

He’s a good QB. 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Total QBR is a totally made up stat. 

He had a QB rating of 93.4, 4000 yards and about a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. 

He’s a good QB. 

Too good to dump, not good enough to get you anywhere.