GREENBEAN

So... who do you think Freddie Kitchens is talking about with these comments?

To me it seems like this may be a shot at our boy Gregg Williams. This guy Kitchens comes across as an amateur to me. For a guy who was a RB coach for 1/2 of the season last year he sure has a lot of pomp with his comments so far. I'm really looking to see this A$$hole and his cocky punk QB fail in the worst way possible.   That locker room is a powder keg and his dicky personality might be a match quick. 

Some of the Worst Football Coaches are the Loudest 💬“If you’ve ever been around a loud coach, one that just screams & yells, listen to what he’s saying & see if he’s even teaching.” 💬 “We have players that need to be taught & we need teachers.” - Freddie Kitchens

• Upvote 3

Well said! And I'm hoping for the worst! It couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys. A who's who of thugs, wife beaters, holdouts, ped suspensions, drug suspensions you name it! So a few of them are great players but there are no leaders. They're all just Diva train wrecks! It's going to be fun. And I'm sure Greg Williams has something up his sleeve for that team and I can't wait till week 2!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Well said! And I'm hoping for the worst! It couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys. A who's who of thugs, wife beaters, holdouts, ped suspensions, drug suspensions you name it! I'll be at a few of them are great players there are no leaders they're all just Diva train wrecks! It's going to be fun. And I'm sure Greg Williams has something up his sleeve for that team and I can't wait till week 2!

I sure hope so. We will be wearing black for the first time and looking mean!!! 

There is a saying that we use in my circles. "you spot it, you got it" Pointing out what bothers you in others usually means you got a touch of that going on in yourself. 

Kitchens and his lack of prep to be an actual HC is showing through to me. The Odell comments seemed that way to me and now this. He doesn't need to trash someone to call his own coach good. What I see is fear that the choices he's making need explanation. He's defending his guy from a unecessarily defensive posture. That's the mark of being green.  

His difficulties with Monken already are showing that as well. No patience for the install. He's already kicking down the door with his own ideas. I am rooting for the implosion over there and Kitchens will be gone in 2 years after Mayfield throws him under the bus. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I sure hope so. We will be wearing black for the first time and looking mean!!! 

no offense but that's pretty gay to say the least. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

no offense but that's pretty gay to say the least. ;)

funny what we see in the world isn't it? ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Williams has the reputation of a blowhard.  But it's obvious that people in the league still value his coaching ability.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

To me it seems like this may be a shot at our boy Gregg Williams. 

“...listen to what he’s saying & see if he’s even teaching.”

“We have players that need to be taught & we need teachers.” - Freddie Kitchens

I’m not sure this is a shot at coach Williams...  Almost every interview I’ve seen, he’s mentioned the importance of teaching.

• Upvote 2

Two coaches I’ve loved - all time, were loud and yelled....Coach O and Marv Goux.  Of course, they were college coaches, but they were beloved by fans and players.

They were great teachers, and their passion was infectious.  I call BS on his statement.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that Baker was 1-6 versus teams above 500...

When you look at Kitchens CV I dont think he is any better or worse of a selection than the Jets more recent HCs. 

Time will tell but I think the Browns can win their division or at least win 10 games.

• Upvote 2

Who cares what Kitchens says.  It's time to get out of the talking business and into the performance business.

Start beating teams.

Yellers always have a short life span for each stop 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yellers always have a short life span for each stop 

This.  The routine can work... but typically wears off quickly.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s like a 25% chance Greg Williams is still employed by the Jets a year from now and a 0% chance he’s in two years. He thinks he deserves a shot at a head coaching gig and, lucky us, he’s going to use this Jets job to audition for one. Fortunately, it appears Gase could give a sh*t what Williams does with the defense as long as it works, and the personnel on that side of the ball deserves 12 months of getting screamed at since they’ve been sleepwalking under Bowles and Rodgers for four years. Most likely scenario is that Williams does well enough here with Leonard and Quinnen Williams that he gets the Redskins job next January, and then Gase brings in his own DC.

Agree all around. 

Williams, himself, basically said that he's more culture than strategy, and this whole team -not just the defense- is in serious need of a culture change. But yeah, never saw Williams here more than two years from the onset. Gase's coup probably makes it even less likely. 25% odds feels about right. 

• Upvote 3

He’s not wrong. That said, it’s bush league and he’s still in the insecure “prove it” mentality. 

• Upvote 4

I'm more concerned with what the Jets do on the field.  I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired.

I don't see the issue with those comments. Kitchens is 100% correct. Poor coaching permeates ALL levels of football. I can't count the number of times I've seen assistants say something along the lines of, "block your ******* man!" Wow, stellar advice...I'm sure the kid was completely unaware that he was supposed to actually beat his man. 

Hell, some of the worst coaching I've seen was when our staff visited a powerhouse D1 team during the season. Phrases like the above were the norm. 

I don't care about the Browns, but I feel like the media wants me to start disliking them. 

I guess this is how other fanbases felt about us in 09-10.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I don't care about the Browns, but I feel like the media wants me to start disliking them. 

I think most people who watched Hard Knocks liked us for a little bit in 2010.  But it wore off quickly after that. 

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Give me a fistfight between OBJ and Faker Playfield by Week 5.

nah.  OBJ is a coward and only hits from behind then runs away....

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

nah.  OBJ is a coward and only hits from behind then runs away....

He'll beat the sh*t out of inanimate objects though.  So tough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think most people who watched Hard Knocks liked us for a little bit in 2010.  But it wore off quickly after that. 

Browns are in a similar place. Their Hard Knocks was good TV. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

There’s like a 25% chance Greg Williams is still employed by the Jets a year from now and a 0% chance he’s in two years. He thinks he deserves a shot at a head coaching gig and, lucky us, he’s going to use this Jets job to audition for one. Fortunately, it appears Gase could give a sh*t what Williams does with the defense as long as it works, and the personnel on that side of the ball deserves 12 months of getting screamed at since they’ve been sleepwalking under Bowles and Rodgers for four years. Most likely scenario is that Williams does well enough here with Leonard and Quinnen Williams that he gets the Redskins job next January, and then Gase brings in his own DC.

When they fired Mac, I thought Williams would shortly follow.  And apparently, teams were lining up to hire him as a Head Coach.  Just ask him. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

There should be a separate forum where people can work out their weird issues with the Browns

Would you sit on the sideline and throw snarky one liners at that thread too? :) 

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Would you sit on the sideline and throw snarky one liners at that thread too? :) 

Yes

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Right.  The media took Baker's body and made him stare down Hue Jackson for a full min during a game for the guy getting another job in the league. The media took Kareem Hunt from the woman battering scrap heap and signed him to the Browns after KC did the right thing and cut that POS loose. The media collected OBJ and Jarvis Landry and Sheldon Richardson and placed them on a team with a HC who is taking shots at other coaches in the league as if he's done something. 

Just like in 09-10 the Jets didn't need the media to do anything but report the bluster coming out of Florham Park.  Thing is we actually backed it up for the most part. Let's see if Cleveland can.  I'm not losing any sleep over any of this, but it would be fun to watch them crash and burn.