So... who do you think Freddie Kitchens is talking about with these comments?

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You're a Gase-and-Gregg-will-be-taking-warm-showers-together-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning guy?

No but Im not an I imagine the worst possible case scenario and that Gase and Williams dont get along kind of guy. 

You know since theres absolutely nothing to indicate that theres an issue between them.  Other than Gase keeps talking Williams up. 

I also kind of think theres a little ground somewhere between be-taking-warm-showers-together-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning and fisticuffs 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Um... I hear plenty of celebrating because we have Gregg Williams and his defense which ranked 30th in yards allowed. 

We’re celebrating no longer having Bowles fall asleep on the sidelines 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2019 at 11:50 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Well said! And I'm hoping for the worst! It couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys. A who's who of thugs, wife beaters, holdouts, ped suspensions, drug suspensions you name it! So a few of them are great players but there are no leaders. They're all just Diva train wrecks! It's going to be fun. And I'm sure Greg Williams has something up his sleeve for that team and I can't wait till week 2!

The Browns are probably going to clean out clocks in week 2. They are a far superior team.

• Thumb Down 1

On 6/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, Grandy said:

The Browns with their brash and cocky core will either dominate the league or they'll implode like most other "Dream Teams" with volatile personalities.

You mean like Rex Ryan?

I'm perfectly happy for the Browns to be getting the media attention and all the plaudits from the writers. The talking up of a team in the off season as contenders does add a bit of expectation / pressure when the pads go on, if that goes elsewhere and leaves our team alone to quietly go about their business, so much the better.

I reckon the Ravens may also suffer a bit of this too, and if they start off slow there'll be a lot of chatter about the league having "figured them out", which can create some negativity around the team.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, Grandy said:

The Browns with their brash and cocky core will either dominate the league or they'll implode like most other "Dream Teams" with volatile personalities.

browns.jpg

1-6.  Take it to the bank.  When we put 'em at 0-2 the rumbling will start.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The Browns are probably going to clean out clocks in week 2. They are a far superior team.

They have a rookie head coach in over his head.

We have their DC and ex-head coach who knows a thing or two about their tendencies.

We're coming off a confident home win, they're coming off a meek home loss.

Jets 30
Browns 12

SAR I

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Drums said:

Fans can literally discuss anything they want with zero effect on the outcome of a game. We have absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on or off the field haha. They drafted Baker and we lost last year. I think it turned into a little bit of a rivalry now. If you don’t care about the topic do what I do, don’t open the thread. 

Darnold was supposed to go #1 to Cleveland. He wore a brown tie to the draft! I think the rumors that Cleveland was going to take Mayfield instead only broke that morning, and it was still pretty unbelievable until it actually happened. Gotta think the two QBs will always be linked, and that Sam will always have a little chip on his shoulder for the Browns. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol 

I always love when fans talk like this.  Like our focus has anything to do with anything.  Even if it did, which it doesn't, it's June.  The big news today was that we signed our 3rd rd pick. There is literally nothing going on and the HC of the team our DC came from as the interim HC talking smack about what looks like our DC is about as football as its gonna get right about now. (run on sentences galore) 

I've watched or read every single thing there is on the Jets. There is a top 20 Jets players that Mehta is writing each day now. Focus on that if you want.  I'll spoil it for you though. He has Jachai Polite, a guy who has never played a down in the NFL as # 20.  Looks to be sound football from Mehta once again. 

Take it easy man. A little hate for the Browns is good for June/July. I don't think it's going to ruin the Jets focus for the season. 

I'm not saying that the Fan's focus means anything when it comes the teams play or whatever. What I'm saying is that this is a NY Jets message board and who gives a damn what some other teams coach may or may not have said about this teams coach.  Of course if the guy came right out and mentioned the Jets DC by name you would have something to talk about. Since he didn't its a big reach.

20 hours ago, Drums said:

Fans can literally discuss anything they want with zero effect on the outcome of a game. We have absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on or off the field haha. They drafted Baker and we lost last year. I think it turned into a little bit of a rivalry now. If you don’t care about the topic do what I do, don’t open the thread. 

LOL. Another one. All I'm saying is worry about the Jets and the team they are playing that week. Who cares what another team is doing or saying THAT IS NOT EVEN IN OUR DIVISION? Unless we are playing them that week who cares? Thats all I'm saying.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

They have a rookie head coach in over his head.

We have their DC and ex-head coach who knows a thing or two about their tendencies.

We're coming off a confident home win, they're coming off a meek home loss.

Jets 30
Browns 12

SAR I

How is kitchens in over his head?  Kind of like how mcvie was in over his head a few years ago?

Kitchins was hand picked by baker mayfield.  He is going to be the head coach of that team for a long time.

I'm not saying that the Fan's focus means anything when it comes the teams play or whatever. What I'm saying is that this is a NY Jets message board and who gives a damn what some other teams coach may or may not have said about this teams coach.  Of course if the guy came right out and mentioned the Jets DC by name you would have something to talk about. Since he didn't its a big reach.

Why do you care what other people are discussing? There are plenty of conversations that don’t interest me here. I don’t comment on them. For some reason you feel it necessary to police the place. I don’t get it.

Go to one of the if Jamal Adams was a Disney princess threads and police that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Another one. All I'm saying is worry about the Jets and the team they are playing that week. Who cares what another team is doing or saying THAT IS NOT EVEN IN OUR DIVISION? Unless we are playing them that week who cares? Thats all I'm saying.

It is obvious what you’re saying. I just don’t understand trying to control what other people feel like discussing on a forum in June. I know the Browns come up a lot lately but they’re actually kind of relevant. My best friend is a Brown’s fan—hell I’ve gone to Cleveland with him to see a game—and we’ve been joking for years about playing in the AFC championship game, and that might actually happen in the next couple of years. I kind of expect it to become a rivalry. If you don’t care about a topic, I recommend something that works well for me- don’t open the thread. Cheers. 

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Drums said:

It is obvious what you’re saying. I just don’t understand trying to control what other people feel like discussing on a forum in June. I know the Browns come up a lot lately but they’re actually kind of relevant. My best friend is a Brown’s fan—hell I’ve gone to Cleveland with him to see a game—and we’ve been joking for years about playing in the AFC championship game, and that might actually happen in the next couple of years. I kind of expect it to become a rivalry. If you don’t care about a topic, I recommend something that works well for me- don’t open the thread. Cheers. 

June? You ****ers can't control me in October!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How is kitchens in over his head?  Kind of like how mcvie was in over his head a few years ago?

Kitchins was hand picked by baker mayfield.  He is going to be the head coach of that team for a long time.

That should tell you something about the decision-making of the Cleveland Browns right there.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, Jet Nut said:

No but Im not an I imagine the worst possible case scenario and that Gase and Williams dont get along kind of guy. 

You know since theres absolutely nothing to indicate that theres an issue between them.  Other than Gase keeps talking Williams up. 

I also kind of think theres a little ground somewhere between be-taking-warm-showers-together-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning and fisticuffs 

Yup.

Parcels and Bellichick hated each other for 20 years. 

Who cares what they think of each other, they're grown men at work.  As long as they just do their jobs as well as they can, it'll be fine. 

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do believe that is a complete fallacy.  Dorsey hand picked Kitchens and it was in part based on familiarity with the team and the offensive output under his coaching (the offense went from bottom 10 to top 10 virtually overnight).   Gregg also had a very genuine interview for the HC job.  There were other outside candidates who were also interviewed.   Kitchens won the job primarily due to how the offense clicked under him.  What is not known but speculated is the Browns initially were considering keeping everything intact but strong rumors of teams being interested in Kitchens for their OC roles and/or possible future coaching jobs was putting pressure on the Browns to make a decision on him.  Either promote him or lose him.  They are gambling that Kitchens is more valuable to keep than Gregg is to lose.  Would not suprise me if Gregg was offered to stay as DC but pride would not allow it (considering it would be a demotion).  Gregg and Kitchens by all accounts appear to be friends.  Nothing but good things have been said through interviews about the other so I really doubt the comment was a shot fired directly at Williams.  I believe it is basically his experience being at Alabama moreso.  

Also, if anyone wants to get an idea of Kitchens coaching,...there is a "Building the Browns" series on youtube.  It is quite good IMO.   Kitchens has yelled a bit when he got frustrated with players not adhering to their responsibilities but at the end of the day he trusts his coaches to do their job.  The "football" coach is a rah rah coach that tries to push the players to give 100% and then they have technical coaches that focus on routine and polishing up technical aspects such as positioning, when to break and where......leverage.......how much space to give based on package.  When and how to close....etc.      

The Browns are media darlings simply because they have went from the worst franchise in football to a respectable team to play on sunday.  Add that Baker has a personality that shows on camera....he is a media dream.   That is the pro and con with him.  You know what you get but sometimes what you get isnt what you want and sometimes it is.  His absolute desire to win at all costs is awesome.  His ability to get his teammates to believe in him and themselves is pretty rare (he did this at OK too,...all the players absolutely loved him).  He is there for his teammates (yes I know some will say he isnt there for Duke but that was out of context,...he just wants it not to be a distraction....ideally handle it away from the camera).  

Overall, there is little doubt that Dorsey has built ANOTHER strong team.  There is little doubt that if he leaves the Browns, he will be in such high demand that he may be the highest paid GM in the NFL.  He is the primary reason KC was in the AFC Championship game and the reason the Browns went from 0-16 to 7-9 overnight.....He is the reason they traded Kizer for Randall last year too (another brilliant move IMO).

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, slats said:

Darnold was supposed to go #1 to Cleveland. He wore a brown tie to the draft! I think the rumors that Cleveland was going to take Mayfield instead only broke that morning, and it was still pretty unbelievable until it actually happened. Gotta think the two QBs will always be linked, and that Sam will always have a little chip on his shoulder for the Browns. 

As generally mute as Darnold is, you could tell on draft night that he was perplexed about being a Jets at that point. There's no way he expected to be passed over. I love Sam's demeanor and it appears like he's in a good spot today (with the changes), but it's interesting to posit what the Jets move was if the Browns took Darnold instead. I don't think Macc or Bowles would have had the guts to draft Mayfield and, if they did, I can't imagine Bowles letting him start for as long as humanly possible. It would have been a mess.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

As generally mute as Darnold is, you could tell on draft night that he was perplexed about being a Jets at that point. There's no way he expected to be passed over. I love Sam's demeanor and it appears like he's in a good spot today (with the changes), but it's interesting to posit what the Jets move was if the Browns took Darnold instead. I don't think Macc or Bowles would have had the guts to draft Mayfield and, if they did, I can't imagine Bowles letting him start for as long as humanly possible. It would have been a mess.

The rumor leading up to the draft was that the Jets weren't going to let Mayfield get past #3, and I believed it. 

But wait? What if Maccagnan wanted Darnold all along, and got wind of the Browns plan to draft Barkley #1 and Mayfield #4? Fearful that in that scenario, the Giants would then take Darnold, he's gotta come up with a way to get the Browns to blink and take Baker #1, instead. So he leaks the rumor that the Jets love Mayfield, and he won't get to #4. Dorsey does indeed blink, and both New York teams get their first choices as a result. 

C'mon, man! That's the cleverness that Mac did not have. Lol. The rumor was that the Jets were taking Mayfield, and I believe it at face value. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1