The off topic, get us to camp thread

I feel that several of those responses quoted the wrong post.

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom

58 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Me either.  

I will turn 50 in march and never got one in 13 years here......

36 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

We went to a couple of stripclubs in LI and they were ****ing awful. I’m spoiled by S Florida stripclubs. Full nude, full liquor, full friction etc. 

I’d go to Newark the same way I’d go to Miami. Only if I had to. 

34 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Do they wear gloves?

37 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Jar crap.

Never. It takes a good 6 hours to simmer a good sauce and it needs to cook with meatballs and sausage to get the proper flavor and consistency. 

Once it congeals another 2 hours of simmering till it's done. 

Afterwards you jar the sauce and freeze the meat separately to add back when you want to reheat it. 

32 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Never. It takes a good 6 hours to simmer a good sauce and it needs to cook with meatballs and sausage to get the proper flavor and consistency. 

Afterwards you jar the sauce and freeze the meat separately to add back when you want to reheat it. 

You had me up until freeze. :D

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re feeling old and your joints are all jacked up, throw two scoops of collagen peptides in your coffee in the morning. In two weeks, you’ll feel like you’re 25 again. 

Placebo

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If you don't add ribs, it'll be a pale imitation.

• Post of the Week 1

I turn 60 in a few weeks.

All kids are out and off the payroll but all live in the area and are all coming in for the weekend.

My recycling bin is going to be embarrassing on Monday.

Also had 13 inches of colon resected to hopefully cure diverticulitis and have finally started swimming and working our again. 

And whilst my farts were generally voluminous but not smelly,  NOW? Killer wind over a decaying log.  

Just now, TeddEY said:

35 this month, and I didn't get a birthday thread from Shane either.

Unfortunately, it's been a really bad month personally... And, this just made it insufferable.

Shane's a dick.

And i'm sorry to hear you're having a bad month.  You know what I do when I'm down in the dumps?  I picture and try to evoke the happiness that a one Laveranues Coles experienced swimming with the Dolphins at Atlantis on Paradise Island on one fine day.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I turn 60 in a few weeks.

All kids are out and off the payroll but all live in the area and are all coming in for the weekend.

My recycling bin is going to be embarrassing on Monday.

Also had 13 inches of colon resected to hopefully cure diverticulitis and have finally started swimming and working our again. 

And whilst my farts were generally voluminous but not smelly,  NOW? Killer wind over a decaying log.  

Rock on, Frog.

56 in a week going through hell right now after recent back surgery, I retired for this. 

Kids gainfully employed doing well. 

Wife still works. 

I live about 30 minutes from Florham Park. 

Still haven't found the perfect gazebo.

@T0mShane and the rest of the haters can go to hell. 

Hope to see you all at the JetNation tailgate but not looking good right now we have a wedding the night before and if we stay over I wont make it. 

joewilly12

21 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

or Braciole, preferably  pork.

We often use them, but I think the ribs adds more to the sauce.  The rest - braciole, sausage, meatballs, whatever you call that cubed beef stew meat are more for eating.

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I use country pork spare ribs and after a few hours it's just shredded goodness all throughout the gravy.

Exactly.  We usually use both pork and beef, but I think the pork in particular is the key to proper flavor. 

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Exactly.  We usually use both pork and beef, but I think the pork in particular is the key to proper flavor. 

I use short ribs for another sugo altogether. 

Let those bad boys slow cook for hours in more of a bolognese. 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We often use them, but I think the ribs adds more to the sauce.  The rest - braciole, sausage, meatballs, whatever you call that cubed beef stew meat are more for eating.

Pork no doubt.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not a big fan of bolognese.  I don't much like chop meat and that is what it usually is. 

Yeah we spent some time up north of Bologna and we got a recipe we love, the kids especially. 

The sugo with the short ribs is more the Italian trinity (bolognese like) rather than the more traditional garlic or garlic and onions and onions. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That's very interesting. Also, here is a list of posters I would like to punch in the face, in order of extremeness, for their crimes against me:

1. @CTM

2. @Pac

3. @Gastineau Lives

4. @JiF

5. @faba

6. @Thor99

7. @JoeC36

8. @CTM

Caving in your face would provide the same level of satisfaction as beating up a toddler.  Not worth my time..

That said, if you were to square up against me I'll be forced to defend myself.  Once I begin the sequence of combat it can only end with your demise.

• Haha 1