The off topic, get us to camp thread

On 6/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, #27TheDominator said:

We often use them, but I think the ribs adds more to the sauce.  The rest - braciole, sausage, meatballs, whatever you call that cubed beef stew meat are more for eating.

Exactly.  We usually use both pork and beef, but I think the pork in particular is the key to proper flavor. 

Any of you guys remember the name of that slab of pork fat they would cook in with the meat Year’s ago?

My grandmother used to use it, haven’t seen anybody do it in years.

I will be heading up to Long Island for the summer on Friday. Can’t wait for Sunday dinner... and dipping bread all morning lol.

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, southparkcpa said:

Good stuff....  I’m a 12 so I break 80 maybe 4 times a year.  Always a thrill. 

Welcome to the club!   last 4 rounds were 79, 80, 83 and 87.  

Never easy... ever get to Charlotte, let’s play. 

My game is finally coming around after some back issues the last few months. I’m down to a 13, want to get to single digits within a year... too many mental errors right now though. Frustrating game, but it’s an addiction.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, The Crimson King said:

Not fair … Carolinians (Carorlinites?) get to play year round, Besides, doesn't golf take a lot of time away from really important practicing? :)

That year round stuff isn’t what it’s cracked up to be down here. I played today. The heat index was 104, and I’m right off the beach!

It can get pretty cold and wet during the winter also... not that that stops me from playing at least 3x a week. ?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

My game is finally coming around after some back issues the last few months. I’m down to a 13, want to get to single digits within a year... too many mental errors right now though. Frustrating game, but it’s an addiction.

That year round stuff isn’t what it’s cracked up to be down here. I played today. The heat index was 104, and I’m right off the beach!

It can get pretty cold and wet during the winter also... not that that stops me from playing at least 3x a week. ?

Hey. Kind of off topic but I’m driving to Raleigh Friday night. My brother just bought a house there. I’m only there for 2 days before Florida. I forget where you said you were from but remember you mentioned NC. 

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Hey. Kind of off topic but I’m driving to Raleigh Friday night. My brother just bought a house there. I’m only there for 2 days before Florida. I forget where you said you were from but remember you mentioned NC.  

Ah Raleigh.  Great place to live, awful place to visit. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

https://www.indoorstorm.com/

Grrrrrrrrrreat music store in nearby Durham. None like it here since NY Pro went out of business and Roman moved to Las Vegas. 

A rare chance to actually play Suhr, Anderson and McInturff

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah Raleigh.  Great place to live, awful place to visit. 

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

https://www.indoorstorm.com/

Grrrrrrrrrreat music store in nearby Durham. None like it here since NY Pro went out of business and Roman moved to Las Vegas. 

A rare chance to actually play Suhr, Anderson and McInturff 

I rest my case. 

"Come visit Raleigh!  And visit a music store in Durham, 30 minutes away.  And....that's about it!"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Uh oh! Looks like pop-pop’s got his hands on little Jimmy’s Kindle again! Wake up, Clark. It’s your turn to get it back!

Bachelor Bill over here spending his evening drinking cooking sherry and cough medicine in his 1 room flat in the Bronx on a tablet bought at a thrift store. 

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Was it the apricots or the peaches?

Neither it was the assisted living odor of dirty diapers and vomit. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bachelor Bill over here spending his evening drinking cooking sherry and cough medicine in his 1 room flat in the Bronx on a tablet bought at a thrift store. 

Neither it was the assisted living odor of dirty diapers and vomit. 

It’s three rooms, you ****.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s three rooms, you ****.

I forgot about the closet and the shared bathroom. 

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Asked the kids to put you in a better place.

I was there to visit you today they told me you were getting a sponge bath no visitors. 

15 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m in Myrtle Beach SC, about 5 hours from Raleigh. 

I’m actually driving up to Long Island tomorrow. Going to stay up there until September.

i’ve spent 7 summers down here. No way I’m doing 8. ?

• Haha 1