Mina Kimes (?)

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Her working for ESPN is the only downside 

True but looking her credentials I would think it is def a stepping stone and part of a larger career plan she has................. Or she's just another social climbing, over-promoted dope.

Mina is sharp on Twitter. On camera have only seen her in stuff for The Ringer and she is great there. 

If ESPN is featuring her it's a smart call - she can talk shop on business, sports or pop culture and knows her stuff. 

Aren't ESPNs non-live sports ratings in the toilet? They've let a lot of people go over the years. 

I have Sirius and the other day some fill-in hosts were saying what the Stephen A. types do is really hard and they're really good at it. Ummm...what? Being a sh*t stirrer is hard? Bringing race into every issue you can think of? Sounded to me like media sticking up for media. 

Anecdotal, but at my job I work with sports fans male and female from 17 years old to about 50 and nearly everyone who sits at the bar knows sports. I have NEVER heard anyone say anything positive about the likes of Stephen A, Skip, Cowheard, etc... if they're even mentioned at all. ESPNs president not long ago even said he knows sports fans don't want politics in their sports, yet they just double down on it anyway. 

I can tell from years of listening that Mad Dog is liberal and Mike is conservative. Yet they really don't shove it down your throat. At least not to me. Mad Dog Radio sure does sometimes, but I don't catch it from Dog himself too often. On my off days I'll catch Tiki and Teirney. They don't seem too bad but maybe I don't watch enough. 

Basically if I want politics I know where to go. If I want just sports talk on TV it's way harder.

As for women in sports, some are good and some are terrible, just like the guys. Always liked Kolber but I feel like she's mostly NBA now so that leaves me out for the most part except for some NFL. Andrews is terrible, agreed. Rachel Nichols is ok but again, mostly NBA now. My issue with Mendoza is the need to CONSTANTLY fill any pause with some comments, and not all are always good comments. That's probably a directive from the Mother ship though and also a personal preference of mine. I don't care who calls games, I don't, just be good at it. However I also don't need 3 in the booth, multiple sideline reporters, 5 heads back in the studio and all the jibber-jabber that comes with it. STFU and watch the game. JMO.

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'm not saying Mina Kimes is a knock out. But she's a cute chick that you can feel pretty good about taking home on a chill Friday night in September. 

She's certainly cute, wasnt even talking about her appearance though. She's a talking head on poorly produced ESPN shows where opinions seem to be predetermined to create arguments for people watching daytime TV.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1