What do you think having a beer with the following men would be like

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Saw Windwood open for Tom Petty a while back; best opener ever. Had no idea there was an opening act. Usually blow them off for pregaming, in that case glad I didn't. 

The Doobie Brothers in their dotage have Mcdonald drop in from time to time and are coy about it to keep ticket sales up. Obviously selling their music benefits his bottom line. If not, they have a younger keyboardist who looks and sounds very much like Michael McDonald. 

Mcdonald wrote a lot of songs for other artists and is probably one of the wealthier guys in the music industry. Among them; when Eddie Van Halen started living on cigs and other substances they stopped writing songs, and  recorded McDonald's "I'll Wait". Mcdonald can do a Vegas residency any time he wants. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Saw Windwood open for Tom Petty a while back; best opener ever. Had no idea there was an opening act. Usually blow them off for pregaming, in that case glad I didn't. 

I was at that concert and I can confirm that you are 100% correct. 

Winwood was great and better than Petty (who was hammered). 

Kids sitting a few seats down were all “who is this guy, he’s great!”  

People throwing shade at Winwood are nincompoops. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

People throwing shade on Winwood must be tone deaf, devoid of musical historical knowledge oh and there is a good chance they drive a car with one of those 5000 watt subs that cost more than the car is worth.

This. 

Winwood was outstanding in several different phases of his career and can still perform admirably today. 

Blues rock pop jazz he could do it all. 

Well, not hip hop but who gives a sh*t about that. 

19 hours ago, Bugg said:

The Doobie Brothers in their dotage have Mcdonald drop in from time to time and are coy about it to keep ticket sales up. Obviously selling their music benefits his bottom line. If not, they have a younger keyboardist who looks and sounds very much like Michael McDonald. 

Mcdonald wrote a lot of songs for other artists and is probably one of the wealthier guys in the music industry. Among them; when Eddie Van Halen started living on cigs and other substances they stopped writing songs, and  recorded McDonald's "I'll Wait". Mcdonald can do a Vegas residency any time he wants. 

Like I said, he's very talented, I can only listen to his voice for so long before I begin to twitch.

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This. 

Winwood was outstanding in several different phases of his career and can still perform admirably today. 

Blues rock pop jazz he could do it all. 

Well, not hip hop but who gives a sh*t about that. 

Traffic, John Barleycorn Must Die. Glad, Freedom Rider, Empty Pages, Stranger to himself. 4 songs in a row better than anything you hear on the radio today. 

I saw him at Great Woods in Mass during his Higher Love tour, brought Chaka Khan with him, completely dark stage for the opener, crowd getting restless, then you hear the opening piano to Lone Spark of High Heeled Boys...crowd erupts..spotlight shines on Stevie at the piano..and when he gets to the opening line with his tenor voice....WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS A STAR & ITS SHOOTING UP OUT OF GROUND

You know instantly your seeing a f*cking musical Icon. 

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Traffic, John Barleycorn Must Die. Glad, Freedom Rider, Empty Pages, Stranger to himself. 4 songs in a row better than anything you hear on the radio today. 

I saw him at Great Woods in Mass during his Higher Love tour, brought Chaka Khan with him, completely dark stage for the opener, crowd getting restless, then you hear the opening piano to Lone Spark of High Heeled Boys...crowd erupts..spotlight shines on Stevie at the piano..and when he gets to the opening line with his tenor voice....WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS A STAR & ITS SHOOTING UP OUT OF GROUND

You know instantly your seeing a f*cking musical Icon. 

When you look back at the history of some of the bands he played in and some of the offshoots with Clapton and Blind Faith he’s really had an incredible influence on a lot of music. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

When you look back at the history of some of the bands he played in and some of the offshoots with Clapton and Blind Faith he’s really had an incredible influence on a lot of music. 

Love DIFFERENT LIGHT, there are so many musical twists & turns in that song. And he recorded it in his studio I believe. He even brings in a high hat at offbeat moments. Piano, organ, horns, everything & the kitchen sink of musical sounds. 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, joewilly12 said:

Says the guy who shops for clothing at the Salvation Army who smells like mothballs and the closest thing to meeting a professional sports person is when the NY Giants players served you lunch at the soup kitchen. 

You've actually smelled him?  Was he wearing a shirt? 

• Haha 1