Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WayneChrebet80

What do you think having a beer with the following men would be like

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Saw Windwood open for Tom Petty a while back; best opener ever. Had no idea there was an opening act. Usually blow them off for pregaming, in that case glad I didn't. 

The Doobie Brothers in their dotage have Mcdonald drop in from time to time and are coy about it to keep ticket sales up. Obviously selling their music benefits his bottom line. If not, they have a younger keyboardist who looks and sounds very much like Michael McDonald. 

Mcdonald wrote a lot of songs for other artists and is probably one of the wealthier guys in the music industry. Among them; when Eddie Van Halen started living on cigs and other substances they stopped writing songs, and  recorded McDonald's "I'll Wait". Mcdonald can do a Vegas residency any time he wants. 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People throwing shade on Winwood must be tone deaf, devoid of musical historical knowledge oh and there is a good chance they drive a car with one of those 5000 watt subs that cost more than the car is worth.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Saw Windwood open for Tom Petty a while back; best opener ever. Had no idea there was an opening act. Usually blow them off for pregaming, in that case glad I didn't. 

I was at that concert and I can confirm that you are 100% correct. 

Winwood was great and better than Petty (who was hammered). 

Kids sitting a few seats down were all “who is this guy, he’s great!”  

People throwing shade at Winwood are nincompoops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

People throwing shade on Winwood must be tone deaf, devoid of musical historical knowledge oh and there is a good chance they drive a car with one of those 5000 watt subs that cost more than the car is worth.

This. 

Winwood was outstanding in several different phases of his career and can still perform admirably today. 

Blues rock pop jazz he could do it all. 

Well, not hip hop but who gives a sh*t about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slats said:

giphy.gif

That song does suck dirty hairy balls, no question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bugg said:

Saw Windwood open for Tom Petty a while back; best opener ever. Had no idea there was an opening act. Usually blow them off for pregaming, in that case glad I didn't. 

The Doobie Brothers in their dotage have Mcdonald drop in from time to time and are coy about it to keep ticket sales up. Obviously selling their music benefits his bottom line. If not, they have a younger keyboardist who looks and sounds very much like Michael McDonald. 

Mcdonald wrote a lot of songs for other artists and is probably one of the wealthier guys in the music industry. Among them; when Eddie Van Halen started living on cigs and other substances they stopped writing songs, and  recorded McDonald's "I'll Wait". Mcdonald can do a Vegas residency any time he wants. 

Like I said, he's very talented, I can only listen to his voice for so long before I begin to twitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This. 

Winwood was outstanding in several different phases of his career and can still perform admirably today. 

Blues rock pop jazz he could do it all. 

Well, not hip hop but who gives a sh*t about that. 

Traffic, John Barleycorn Must Die. Glad, Freedom Rider, Empty Pages, Stranger to himself. 4 songs in a row better than anything you hear on the radio today. 

I saw him at Great Woods in Mass during his Higher Love tour, brought Chaka Khan with him, completely dark stage for the opener, crowd getting restless, then you hear the opening piano to Lone Spark of High Heeled Boys...crowd erupts..spotlight shines on Stevie at the piano..and when he gets to the opening line with his tenor voice....WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS A STAR & ITS SHOOTING UP OUT OF GROUND

You know instantly your seeing a f*cking musical Icon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Traffic, John Barleycorn Must Die. Glad, Freedom Rider, Empty Pages, Stranger to himself. 4 songs in a row better than anything you hear on the radio today. 

I saw him at Great Woods in Mass during his Higher Love tour, brought Chaka Khan with him, completely dark stage for the opener, crowd getting restless, then you hear the opening piano to Lone Spark of High Heeled Boys...crowd erupts..spotlight shines on Stevie at the piano..and when he gets to the opening line with his tenor voice....WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS A STAR & ITS SHOOTING UP OUT OF GROUND

You know instantly your seeing a f*cking musical Icon. 

When you look back at the history of some of the bands he played in and some of the offshoots with Clapton and Blind Faith he’s really had an incredible influence on a lot of music. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

When you look back at the history of some of the bands he played in and some of the offshoots with Clapton and Blind Faith he’s really had an incredible influence on a lot of music. 

Love DIFFERENT LIGHT, there are so many musical twists & turns in that song. And he recorded it in his studio I believe. He even brings in a high hat at offbeat moments. Piano, organ, horns, everything & the kitchen sink of musical sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, joewilly12 said:

Says the guy who shops for clothing at the Salvation Army who smells like mothballs and the closest thing to meeting a professional sports person is when the NY Giants players served you lunch at the soup kitchen. 

You've actually smelled him?  Was he wearing a shirt? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 1:16 PM, More Cowbell said:

Nobody from GOT's?

Having a beer with midget might be cool. 

That's exactly my point!  People go around calling you midget when you want to be called dwarf.  Of course you're going to blow your head off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You've actually smelled him?  Was he wearing a shirt? 

No I heard  clothes in goodwill,runmmage sales, salvation army smell like something some mothballs. 

I wouldn't know @T0mShane if I saw him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...