So tired of lame Jet hype

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans. Year after year of these senseless off-season articles which are so meaningless and a waste of time. They mean absolutely nothing, and when the games start they even seem more ridiculous, . I am sure I am not the only one.  a few recent examples.

Avery Williamson: Jets Can Be a Top-5 Defense

Jets Veteran Thinks Quinnen Williams Has Chance to Be 'Great'

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell 'Ready to Give Everybody What They Want to See'

Jets have the building blocks of a perennial playoff contender

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 26
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt X said:

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans. Year after year of these senseless off-season articles which are so meaningless and a waste of time. They mean absolutely nothing, and when the games start they even seem more ridiculous, . I am sure I am not the only one.  a few recent examples.

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

I agree. 

Like the last article title of "perennial" playoff contender. 

We havent made the playoffs this decade. Let me repeat that. The New York Jets have not made the playoffs this decade, and we're in the 9th year of this decade. How do you go from that experience to having the building blocks of being a perennial playoff contender? That's exactly the problem with the hype. 

How about we go in steps? How about we end the season with something better than a losing record first? Or maybe, how about actually beating the Patriots in a football game? 

Saying these things is sometimes viewed as not being a fan by some. Yet every October we're all talking like this because less than 2 months in Jets fans can already see that the season is basically over. 

These are summer articles, writings we never see during the winter. 

Articles talking about individual players I've always been cool with, but when I see either titles like the one mentioned above or the ones where players and coaches are talking smack about the Patriots, it just becomes a complete turnoff because 99% of the time it's never backed up on the field. 

BUT....what are we to do?

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Only on a Jets site do members complain about being optimistic. Yes, we should all wallow in doom and gloom like starved dogs forever. Either this is trolling or pathetic.

Imagine?  People cant make up their minds what annoys them more.  The articles that say we'll be bad or good.  31st ranked roster pisses some off.  That we're building towards something pisses them off.  We havent made the playoffs in a while so we suck and cant think about improvement until after it happens. 

• Upvote 1

The whole hot take crew is kind of nauseating. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BRO, WE GOT A REAL FRONT OFFICE AND LEADERS NOW. Every year with this sh*t. Enough. 

As if thinking a team that drafts in the top 6 every year and hasn’t made the playoffs in 10 is going to be bad to mediocre again is some kind of unreasonable assessment. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The whole hot take crew is kind of nauseating. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BRO, WE GOT A REAL FRONT OFFICE AND LEADERS NOW. Every year with this sh*t. Enough. 

As if thinking a team that drafts in the top 6 every year and hasn’t made the playoffs in 10 is going to be bad to mediocre again is some kind of unreasonable assessment. 

Every year? Wtf are are you talking about? 

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The whole hot take crew is kind of nauseating. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BRO, WE GOT A REAL FRONT OFFICE AND LEADERS NOW.

Not nearly as nauseating as the sky is falling contingent 

Because, you know, a real front office and leaders SHOULDN'T make a difference if true

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt X said:

Im guessing you're a glass is half empty kinda guy. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

It doesn't make me sick, but it should be taken with a grain of salt. Bottom line, the Jets need to prove something on the field before summer fluff pieces carry any weight.

Just my opinion, but there is more hope going into this season than any other season since 2010. If Darnold takes a step forward and becomes a top tier QB, then playoffs are certainly a possibility in a league full of parity.

The Jets tend to do well in the first year of a coaching change (Parcells, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles). I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lame Jets hype?  I dont understand that statement.   Artificial hype would be if you dont believe in Sam Darnold.  If you do, there is absolutely no reason to not be excited.  Year 2 for a qb is usually the year they truly start feeling comfortable out there and making strides.  He has already shown plenty of flash in the games he played to see he has the capability to be the franchise qb.  If I were a Jets fan I would be very excited.  There appears to be some deficiencies that need to be addressed but some already have been.  Robby needs to take that step forward or concede it to another wr willing to be the man because Sam could use some reliable weapons out there.  Getting one of the best RB's in the game certainly did not hurt your chances either.  

I do believe it will be a dogfight in the division though as I think all 3 teams behind the Patriots improved with their offseason aquisitions and 2 of the 3 having 2nd year qbs that showed tremendous strides as the year unfolded.  I honestly think all the 1st round qbs from the last draft are going to turn out great.....even Lamar if he truly dedicates himself to improving his passing game.  I know some here hope Im wrong (and I may be) but I think this last draft is the "changing of the guard" sorta speak.  

I think the Jets should have a tremendously improved year.  It may not show up in many more wins (or it may) but the product on the field will show they are going to be playoff team sooner than later.  I do feel that way about Buffalo too.  

So consider me one of the people buying into the hype.  Yes there will be growing pains (as there generally is with FO changes) but WIlliams is a no-nonsense coach and should get the best out of that group.  My prediction is 8-8 +/- 1.   I dont think it will be easy but I do think you will enjoy sundays a lot more.

Truth be told, Im a huge advocate of this last qb draft.  So much so, I never understood why Arizona gave up on Rosen so quickly.  Kyler may be fantastic and worth the bold move but Rosen never truly had a chance.   I believe in all 4 of them and think the Jets got a great qb to get excited about.  JMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Matt X said:

Looks like your a new member and your trying to take away the one thing us Jets fans live by - HOPE - because we've had little else the past 8 years. Our optimistic meter is running pretty high right now for the 1st time in a long time. Not a good post for a newbie. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Related image

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wait, what? You want guys like Avery Williamson and Le'Veon Bell to join you in your pity party? It would be disgraceful if they did. Not to mention that both are either new or relatively new to the Jets. But you're welcome to wallow in Jets self-hatred and contempt. If you don't see any differences in the current Jets and last year, no one is going to convince you of anything. You want to be depressed. Go for it.

17 minutes ago, jumpgo69 said:

Lame Jets hype?  I dont understand that statement.   Artificial hype would be if you dont believe in Sam Darnold.  If you do, there is absolutely no reason to not be excited.  Year 2 for a qb is usually the year they truly start feeling comfortable out there and making strides.  He has already shown plenty of flash in the games he played to see he has the capability to be the franchise qb.  If I were a Jets fan I would be very excited.  There appears to be some deficiencies that need to be addressed but some already have been.  Robby needs to take that step forward or concede it to another wr willing to be the man because Sam could use some reliable weapons out there.  Getting one of the best RB's in the game certainly did not hurt your chances either.  

I do believe it will be a dogfight in the division though as I think all 3 teams behind the Patriots improved with their offseason aquisitions and 2 of the 3 having 2nd year qbs that showed tremendous strides as the year unfolded.  I honestly think all the 1st round qbs from the last draft are going to turn out great.....even Lamar if he truly dedicates himself to improving his passing game.  I know some here hope Im wrong (and I may be) but I think this last draft is the "changing of the guard" sorta speak.  

I think the Jets should have a tremendously improved year.  It may not show up in many more wins (or it may) but the product on the field will show they are going to be playoff team sooner than later.  I do feel that way about Buffalo too.  

So consider me one of the people buying into the hype.  Yes there will be growing pains (as there generally is with FO changes) but WIlliams is a no-nonsense coach and should get the best out of that group.  My prediction is 8-8 +/- 1.   I dont think it will be easy but I do think you will enjoy sundays a lot more.

Truth be told, Im a huge advocate of this last qb draft.  So much so, I never understood why Arizona gave up on Rosen so quickly.  Kyler may be fantastic and worth the bold move but Rosen never truly had a chance.   I believe in all 4 of them and think the Jets got a great qb to get excited about.  JMO.

I foresee Sam Darnold with Bell in the backfield able to matriculate the ball down the field just a few times for than Josh Allen & Rosen, giving us a sweep of 2 division opponents. That 4s wins right there. 

That division games are tough is BS. Of course they're tough when you have Sanchez, Michael Vick, Geno Smith & Josh McCown leading the way.

Sam Darnold changes the playing field for the Jets, and Joe Douglas will find a way to surround him with talent so Adam Gase can mentor him, build a scheme that suits his abilities & Gregg Williams will light a FIRE ? under these defensive guys azzes! Hey, we might just see a team play for 60 f*cking minutes! Guys play 60 when they know they have a chance no matter what happens. THAT is the difference between teams with QBs, and those without. It blows my mind. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. 

Like the last article title of "perennial" playoff contender. 

We havent made the playoffs this decade. Let me repeat that. The New York Jets have not made the playoffs this decade, and we're in the 9th year of this decade. How do you go from that experience to having the building blocks of being a perennial playoff contender? That's exactly the problem with the hype

How about we go in steps? How about we end the season with something better than a losing record first? Or maybe, how about actually beating the Patriots in a football game? 

Saying these things is sometimes viewed as not being a fan by some. Yet every October we're all talking like this because less than 2 months in Jets fans can already see that the season is basically over. 

These are summer articles, writings we never see during the winter. 

Articles talking about individual players I've always been cool with, but when I see either titles like the one mentioned above or the ones where players and coaches are talking smack about the Patriots, it just becomes a complete turnoff because 99% of the time it's never backed up on the field. 

BUT....what are we to do?

Do the Browns have the building blocks to be a perennial playoff contender?  How many playoffs have they made this decade?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt X said:

I don't like these kinds of articles either because they're such fluff.  We know that they're not going to say they think they stink. 

15 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Wait, what? You want guys like Avery Williamson and Le'Veon Bell to join you in your pity party? It would be disgraceful if they did. Not to mention that both are either new or relatively new to the Jets. But you're welcome to wallow in Jets self-hatred and contempt. If you don't see any differences in the current Jets and last year, no one is going to convince you of anything. You want to be depressed. Go for it.

Listen to you. Self-hatred, contempt, depressed; get ahold of yourself man.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I foresee Sam Darnold with Bell in the backfield able to matriculate the ball down the field just a few times for than Josh Allen & Rosen, giving us a sweep of 2 division opponents. That 4s wins right there. 

That division games are tough is BS. Of course they're tough when you have Sanchez, Michael Vick, Geno Smith & Josh McCown leading the way.

Sam Darnold changes the playing field for the Jets, and Joe Douglas will find a way to surround him with talent so Adam Gase can mentor him, build a scheme that suits his abilities & Gregg Williams will light a FIRE ? under these defensive guys azzes! Hey, we might just see a team play for 60 f*cking minutes! Guys play 60 when they know they have a chance no matter what happens. THAT is the difference between teams with QBs, and those without. It blows my mind. 

Possible but I would not count them out.  Bills defense is really good and Allen seems to find ways to score.  He did beat the Jets once and then lost by only 4 once so I would imagine splitting is possible.  Miami is tough to gauge.  I could see a sweep as you say or a split.  It really depends on Rosen and how quickly he develops.   Also, I never alluded to division matchups being tough...until now.  Division matchups generally are tough simply because you play the same team twice and because division rivals tend to be motivated knowing those games have a heavier implication than other games....and of course rivalry.     I cannot speak to your division as it has been consistently NE with the leg up but even then,....the division games were often times very close.    Its a real thing.